Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Axle Repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle Repair

How do you swap axle parts? I need to use GSR outers with prelude inners and need to know what do i do? I take the boot off and then what?..Please help. I need to get this car back on the road. Yes...Ive already searched...nothing in the search could help me
Old 11-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Axle Repair (jpnucrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jpnucrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do you swap axle parts? I need to use GSR outers with prelude inners and need to know what do i do? I take the boot off and then what?..Please help. I need to get this car back on the road. Yes...Ive already searched...nothing in the search could help me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Once you take off the boot, you will see that the inner axle slips onto the outer axle via a joint. Remove them from each other taken care not to damage the splines.

Put the axles together in the same fashion taken care not to damage the splines on the shaft. When you put the boot band back on, make sure you have to appropraite tool to tighten the band. If not, you may risk damaging the boot.

m-