Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 11:17 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC??

Are there any? What would you recommend for a good exhaust setup?
Old 08-09-2001, 07:52 AM
New User

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (RedRacer)

5-Zigen firball is what i got and its sounds so sweet and deep on my 99SI. I think they should make one for del sol.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:10 AM

greddy has one. also, rs*r used to make one until they stopped selling in the states.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have been looking for one for the 3 years that i have owned my car. Not found a bolt-on axle back for the delsol. I think that Thermal has the best look and perf. for the price. They will also custom fit it for a fee, so it bolts on.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:56 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mugen Twin Loop. It may be expensive (price like a cat back) but well worth it. If nothing else, the sound of a Mugen is
Old 08-09-2001, 09:48 PM
New User

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (GoLowDrew)

Just go for the WHOLE cat-back. Go 2.25" piping and get a universal muffler and that kind of setup shou;n't be expensive at all. I got a universal Apex N1 REPLICA exhasut muffler/tip and got cutsom 2.25" piping and the whole system cost me only $275. It sounded great is was a low tone however it was just a little too loud nad since they didn't leave my resonator I ended up get a Blue Streak High flow resonator nad now it sounds perfect.

If you want to go with a name-brand exhasur the Greddy SP exhaust I hear is pretty quiet or you can get the Tanabe Racing Medallion. It's loud for the track but quiet with the silencer in, so leave the silencer in for street driving.

Trhat way you get a good FULL cat-back exhasur for the performance adn get 1 taht's quet.

Just mu opinion...Good Luck!
Old 08-09-2001, 10:17 PM
New User

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (GoLowDrew)

Thanks for the replys everybody. I looked for the Fireball, but I couldn't find a bolt-on setup for the del Sol. Why does it seem that there isn't much variety for a del Sol?

GoLowDrew: I hear ya, I've read the reviews on the mugen twin loop and it is impressive for a muffler. But unfortunately I don't have that kind of cash right now. to many other bills!!

SoloSol: I don't know anything much about the thermal, do they make a system for the Sol? Is it very loud?
Old 08-10-2001, 12:50 AM
New User

I think that you should get a Monza tip and just forget about it. I think I am going to go with one of those. I heard one on a tight a Corolla with some altezzas, mirror tint, curb feelers, neon kit, and a big wing. It sounded good as hell. Do any of you all know someone interested in buying a Apexi N-1 cat back? Oh yeah, I think I might be selling my N-1 dampers to if anyone is interested. I think I am going to buy some Low Boy coilovers.
Old 08-10-2001, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (COREY ITR#625)

loy boy coilovers? Are you serious?!?!

Yo, red racer, get you a muffler that you like, and take it to this shop I know. Around $150 + price of muffler and you can get a mandrel bent catback in whatever size you want (that includes labor)
Old 08-10-2001, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (TurboMiata)

Of course he is not serious. See the winking eye. He is just joking, ha ha sale his N1 dampers. I would kill him. Just joking. Corey you should sale the exhaust and get a pink exhaust tip like the ones they sale at Pepboys.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (ShaggenWaggon)

whats wrong with the ones at pepboys? I'm going to get me one soon.
Old 08-10-2001, 12:59 PM
New User

Yeah I was serious about selling my coilovers for some Low Boy coilovers. They be the shiznit yo! C'mon Turbo, you know I would never sell my N-1's unless my car went up for sale. I went to Pep Boys today and I found all kinds of nice sheot to get for my car. I give you all a list later after I pick it all up.

RedRacer, you need to go to Kaos Tuning and check out the new Skunk2 cat back exhaust. It looks really nice, but it is only available for late model Civics and 94' and up Integras. Rob said that he is talking to them about getting them to make it for the Del Sol cause there has been about 10 people that has come up there looking for a exhaust. Kinda looks like a N-1, but it don't angle and it comes straight out. The tip is cut at a angle too. Looks really good. Also comes with a silencer.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:12 PM
New User

i got a remus for sale axle back
it came with my delsol when i bought it
its ok
low toned no RICER sound
ill sell it cheap
Old 08-10-2001, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (phatsol)

just get a turbo RR, you'll like that sound better than the exhuast sound anyway
Old 08-11-2001, 09:48 AM
New User

LOL!! you guys kill me! Corey you mean that awesome Monza system like the one on the blue dodge shadow. Hell yeah, sign me up.

TurboMiata: How much does the shop charge to do piping? I had a universal on my EX with custom piping, but it was to loud. This might have been due to my choice of muffler. Does that matter, or do universal mufflers sound different?
Oh yeah, I wish i had a turbo... Need $$$

Remus makes an Axle back for the del Sol? i thought Remus was German or something?
Old 08-11-2001, 11:55 AM

Well, they charged Justin $100 to go from cat to muffler, (2.5") and then he already had a muffler on there, which cost him ($45 from another shop) I'm sure if you got it all at the same shop they would be a little nicer on price. Easily all under $200. Why don't you try calling a local shop and ask first "do you havea mandrel bender?" (don't get discuraged, alot don't ) if they say yes, ask how much for a custom made catback setup.

The one justin went to is on dixie hwy in front of waverly on the corner of west pages. Its a little private owned shop, and Justin says they have a mandrel bender.

As for the sound, the diameter of the pipeing, the thickness of the tubing walls used, the amount the cat restricts flow, and the design of the muffler all affect how it sounds. IIRC, the thicker the tubing, the lower the sound frequency, the thinner, the more hollow it sounds. The free'er (sp??) the cat is, the louder, more raspy and "racecar" like it sounds. (it can also sound stupid, for instance this CRX around here..... ) And of course, the design of the muffler. (how free flow it is, the resinence (sp?) chambers (guts, inside, whatnot) and the tip.

And yea, you need a turbo instead
Old 08-11-2001, 02:33 PM
New User

cherrybomb Classy, and deep, mellow sound
Old 08-12-2001, 03:05 AM
New User

Default Re: Axle back systems for del Sol VTEC?? (tampaSi)

Hey Brian? I think we all need turbos sometime in our lives. I think I am going to go to a junkyard and find me a wrecked 3000GT VR-4 and take the turbos off of that and put them on my car. Do you think it will work? What about raising my redline for absolutely no reason? Do you think that will give me mo HP? I know I will take my tach out and paint some of the redline black and that will raise it. What do you think, 10K or 11K?

All I know is that someone needs to put some ******* reflectors by that curve! I almost killed myself! I love my new tires now. Gotta love the Kumho 712's.

Hey Brad, you need to just break down and buy a exhaust and get it over with! Quit screwing around and just get one! Well, there is only really one to get. I think I figured out why no one makes one for the Del Sol. Its because your car SUCKS BIG, FAT, SWEATY, HAIRY, CHEESE COVERED BALL SACK! They figured no one would modify a (what does everyone call them? oh yeah) Del SLow. I know, lets just jack the Greddy off your womans car. You wanna? Your woman has the gonads to buy one, why don't you? Why do you even bother asking about one? You'll never get one. You why I am doing this don't you? Hopefully you'll proove me wrong sometime in the near future.

Maybe Skunk will come out with their exhaust for your car. It looks really nice.
Old 08-12-2001, 07:21 PM

Like that corner eh? (still laughing )

Bo......hahaha...... Gotta love that too
Old 08-13-2001, 10:33 AM
New User

Both Mugen and Spoon don't make axle back for DelSol, so I would say just get the cat-back!!
I have the Kakimoto R fully stainless steel cat back from Japan, I love it!!!