Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AWD JDM EG?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD JDM EG?

a long while ago i explored the japan honda site i made my way to the eg section and under a few cars it said awd dohc vtec so a B16A powered eg hatch it would take forever for me to make my through the japaneese characters to find that webpage but hey its a honda site so its gotta be real.anyway would it be hard to get the awd system to the states?if its even real
Old 05-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: AWD JDM EG? (bosnianhondafreak)

It's real, but I think it's all tied in with the ABS system. I may be confusing another feature, but I'll have to do a search and edit my post when I find the information again.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 PM

It's possible. There was an import tuner magazine that had an AWD Integra. It will cost you money but yes, it's very possible.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:45 PM

if they make AWD eg hatches powered by the b16, then i think the jdm gods have finally done something right.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: AWD JDM EG? (lemon_juice)

Yeah it has been done and it's been done quite a few times... There's even a crazy rwd DC2 that goes to these canyon runs(forgot where). I'm trying to think but I'm guessing it has to do with a CRV... Can't pinpoint exactly what from a CRV allows the awd but when I find more info I'll keep ya posted...
Old 05-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: AWD JDM EG? (Cboy1-EG6)

They actually had an Integra of the DC2 body style that comes from the factory with AWD in JDM land. It's not a performance AWD system, it's a traction-control/weather handling addition.

What I don't understand is why all of you think AWD is some godsend to the performance community. It's heavy and parasitic and it doesn't give that much of a performance advantage over a well launched front or rear-drive car.

Do you know that the Quattro Audi 1.8T is slower in the quarter than the front-drive version?

Regardless, AWD is a stupid idea and I hate the fact that the market is currently saturated with boy-racer toy cars that sport AWD and turbochargers. AWD is like training wheels for people who can't drive/launch or maneuver in snow. Just like an automatic for traction: no driver skill involved to cut good 60' times and make some ******** 16 year old feel like he's a good driver when, in fact, he isn't.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: AWD JDM EG? (Archidictus)

WOW
Old 05-24-2005, 02:08 PM

I dis-agree strongly.......and for good reason............AWD is a great feature to have..........And of course it's heavier but in heavily modded cars such as the STi's EVO's and hell even porsche it's works great. Better handling in wet conditions also........Living in CA rain isn't that big a deal but in other countries it plays a big factor.......But I do agree that often 4-wheel drive may be used as a gimic by manufacturers...
Old 05-24-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: AWD JDM EG? (ThaCivicAssassin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThaCivicAssassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dis-agree strongly</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh-Oh, but he's right.....................black people do like Hondas.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: AWD JDM EG? (EgRedSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgRedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Uh-Oh, but he's right.....................black people do like Hondas. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-24-2005, 02:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

He just said it all.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgRedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He just said it all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn right I said it all.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:22 PM

4wd Civic RTSi
DOHC ZC powered

10% drive to the rear = ghey
Old 05-24-2005, 02:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThaCivicAssassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dis-agree strongly.......and for good reason............AWD is a great feature to have..........And of course it's heavier but in heavily modded cars such as the STi's EVO's and hell even porsche it's works great. Better handling in wet conditions also........Living in CA rain isn't that big a deal but in other countries it plays a big factor.......But I do agree that often 4-wheel drive may be used as a gimic by manufacturers... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, AWD is crucial for driving in the rain because everyone who drives an AWD car can drive it to 100% of its capability. /sarcasm

I like the people who drive 80mph on the highway with their 4wd Ford Explorers/Subarus when theres 4 inches of fresh snow on it and the plows/sanders havent come out yet. Then I laugh like hell when I see them down in the median a few minutes later.

BTW, JDM is gay.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: AWD JDM EG? (jlacoy82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlacoy82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, JDM is gay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So are you...
Old 05-24-2005, 02:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cboy1-EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So are you... </TD></TR></TABLE>

The truth of the response is funny

Old 05-24-2005, 02:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgRedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The truth of the response is funny

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL

Old 05-24-2005, 02:48 PM

AWD drive, better known as another dumbass reason to get a heavy car.

EG6's run the streets

The last thing in California a person should be concerned with is the rain, it's the idiots in the rain I'm concerned with.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThaCivicAssassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dis-agree strongly.......and for good reason............AWD is a great feature to have..........And of course it's heavier but in heavily modded cars such as the STi's EVO's and hell even porsche it's works great. Better handling in wet conditions also........Living in CA rain isn't that big a deal but in other countries it plays a big factor.......But I do agree that often 4-wheel drive may be used as a gimic by manufacturers... </TD></TR></TABLE>

The Honda AWD system we're discussing here sends like 10% of the total engine output to the rear. Add to that the marvelous torque output of the B16 it's originally mated to and you have one pisser of a bad idea.

STi/WRX/Evo AWD systems are meant for performance, abuse and handling at the limit. Honda's AWD systems are about giving you enough traction in the back to move your shitty grocery getter out a parking spot when there's 3 inches of snow on the ground.

/thread.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:19 PM

He has a point. The best AWD system made by Honda is the Acura RL. It's the best on the market as well.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:37 PM

Yeap this is Tru...........I never said having a AWD honda is a great idea......... especially not with the torque numbers 4 most honda engines.............But 2 dismiss a whole class of drivetrains cuz U prefer 2WD is pretty dumb.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They actually had an Integra of the DC2 body style that comes from the factory with AWD in JDM land. It's not a performance AWD system, it's a traction-control/weather handling addition.

What I don't understand is why all of you think AWD is some godsend to the performance community. It's heavy and parasitic and it doesn't give that much of a performance advantage over a well launched front or rear-drive car.

Do you know that the Quattro Audi 1.8T is slower in the quarter than the front-drive version?

Regardless, AWD is a stupid idea and I hate the fact that the market is currently saturated with boy-racer toy cars that sport AWD and turbochargers. AWD is like training wheels for people who can't drive/launch or maneuver in snow. Just like an automatic for traction: no driver skill involved to cut good 60' times and make some ******** 16 year old feel like he's a good driver when, in fact, he isn't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Survey says:
Old 05-25-2005, 10:24 PM

i remember going to some other forum and this guy had an eh2 but AWD and that 4g63 motor that was boosted and modded. it was realllllly coool

if you want an awd hatch..... R32 i would love one of those..