Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Avid transmission mount broke at dragstrip!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon3 Avid transmission mount broke at dragstrip!!!

Okay so I was at the track saturday night. The first pass I went to run my car broke. The 2 piece avid transmission mount that I have broke. When it broke it pulled the right axle out of the cup and the transmission, fell (didn't hit the ground though). So anyways, since I need the car I put the stock transmission mount back on and replaced both axles. Now the car has a bad vibration when accelerating, and when the car is under a load. I thought I might have got a bad axle, so this morning I pulled both axles out and took them and traded them for a new set. Does the same thing. So now I was wondering what else it could be? Could it be the front and rear solid mounts, with the stock trans mount, the vibration off the stock transmission mount? I am in the process of getting the new avid transmission mount, but what else could it be? Kind of out of ideas. Don't see what else could be hurt.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Avid transmission mount broke at dragstrip!!!

i have a similar tranny vibration and i have replaced and checked everything. never have been able to solve it. only thing left i can figure it to be as a bent input shaft, but that seems hard to do.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as it turns out the "NEW" axles I got from ****ing Autozone were bad. Took them out and went to Napa and bought the OEM replacement axles. Now the vibration is gone. So a lesson to me and everyone else, Autozone axles are garbage, even there "NEW" one's. So don't waste your time with anything other than Honda, Napa, or Raxles axles. Hope this will help other people figure out there problem. I went through 3 bad sets of Autozone axles, and they all vibrated!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought an alternator from them and it blew up same day lol feel ur pain
Old 10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Vatozone No way man!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:25 PM

just thought i'd comment. i have a 3rd party warranty on my 03 s2k, the ****in idiots decided they didnt want to pay $900 for oem axles so they got a set from rock auto. since i got a rental car i didnt worry about it and they paid for everything to have a local acura dealership put them in (wouldnt pay me to do it myself... whatever)

after 2 weeks the parts come in and i get the car back. vibration was stiill there but i decided i'd live with it until i could be without my car again for 2 weeks as the vibration was a LOT better, but still noticeable.

well fast forward 4 months later and they are getting worse AND making noise, i look under the car and the "new" axles had slung all the grease out all over the bottom of my car.

i took it in again, 2 weeks later a new set of axles shows up, they put them in and the drivers side arrived broken, the spider inside was completely destroyed and you could spin the wheel without the shaft even moving.

2 more weeks later another set arrives and finally the new axles dont vibrate. such a pain in the ***.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ferio252
Vatozone No way man!
x2 i don't get **** from there