Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:33 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty

i snapped an axle............its a d16z6 axle and i bought it at autozone

i know autozone charges a "core charge" when i get an exhange becuase they like to rip everyone off IE what it takes to do the job right ripoff (they charged me for **** i DIDNT BUY!)

so whats the core charge on 1 axle to return and get a new one, just want to know since i dont have a d16z6 turbo anymore
Old 10-27-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty (suicide_shift)

What?? Thats dumb. A core charge is to make sure you bring them back a broken axel that they can send back to the man. to be remand. If you havent given them your old or broken axel, theres your problem. To bring back a lifetime axel to get a new one, theres not a core charge The person working at Autozone is not too smart or you dont understand the concept of core charge.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:12 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty (ITR_Sol)

just trying to make sure, they always charge me on a battry warranty and **** like that.......

i get the concept IE snap on tools they dont charge you but place that scam people IE parts stores like to take your money and they like to spring a charge on you.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:24 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Parts have core charges. Just bring an old part in and trade it for the core. If it's an alternator or starter, just make sure it has it's mounts.

It's really no big deal. And battery cores are $5. They don't charge for the warranty. They ask for your phone number for your warranty, but they don't charge for the warranty. If you say you don't want to give them your number, you might end up without a warranty. Your battery won't be any cheaper if you do this.

They're not "springing a charge on you." They're paying for your old part. If you want to keep it, you pay for it.

Think of it as that the part (as long as it's a re-manufactured part - not including batteries - and not a new part) is worth the part price plus the core. If you bring in the old part, you get money back.

If you don't want to pay a core charge, buy a new part instead.

If you snap an axle... why would you want to keep it anyway?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i snapped an axle............its a d16z6 axle and i bought it at autozone

i know autozone charges a "core charge" when i get an exhange becuase they like to rip everyone off IE what it takes to do the job right ripoff (they charged me for **** i DIDNT BUY!)

so whats the core charge on 1 axle to return and get a new one, just want to know since i dont have a d16z6 turbo anymore </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're an idiot.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:41 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so whats the core charge on 1 axle to return and get a new one, just want to know since i dont have a d16z6 turbo anymore </TD></TR></TABLE>
'92-'00 Civic w/o ABS
LEFT: 7083
Unit Price: $64.99
Core Value: $35.00
Total Price: $99.99

RIGHT: 7078
Price: $69.99
Core: $35.00
Total: $104.99

'92-'00 Civic w/ABS
LEFT: 7085
Price: $67.99
Core: $40.00
Total: $107.99

RIGHT: 7068
Price: $59.99
Core: $30.00
Total: $89.99
Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty (NOFX)

naw what i am asking is i have a broken axel......................in my garage. sitting next to that pieace of **** d series motor...........part of the reason i swapped to the k24 is becuase i broke the axel and blew the turbo on the z6 the rings also went on that motor

1 bad race at one track

anyways

my freind just got a shell, we're going to get drunk one day and toss this pieace of **** single cam in ( i rebuilt this prior)

we have 1 axel that is FINE

the passenger axel is toast

what i am asking is

if i take the broken axel into autozone how much are they going to charge me.....they specifically told me there was going to be a charge i just want to know how much it is, so i can tell my freind and have him reimburse me
Old 10-27-2007, 01:58 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty (8520)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8520 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're an idiot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

» Post reported

The post was successfully reported to the moderator. Click here to return to the topic.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:08 AM
H-T White Ops

Okay, this is how it goes.

You have a broken axle. You want to replace your broken axle. You go to Autozone with your broken axle and have them look up the axle for your car. You match the axle to make sure it is correct. You turn your broken axle in as a core. You pay for the new axle. You leave. You install your axle and go on your merry way with a limited lifetime warranty (which means as long as you own the car, it's covered). Then end.

Look at the chart above for pricing. Pricing depends on which axle you need for your car.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:15 AM
* B A N N E D *

i already have that warranty, these are the first pair ive boughten from that bullshit store. i didnt want to wait for my axels to arrive so i just dropped 150 for these when i bought them.

am i not making this clear enough?

ok, i wont describe anything then dont ask any freaking questions becuase this is as basic as i can get it

1: i OWN autozone axels
2: with the lifetime warranty
3: broken
4: want new axel
5: go to autozone
6: give them broken axel and phone number
7: how much do i pay that retard behind the counter? for my new axel?
8:walk out and install on beater
Old 10-27-2007, 02:20 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i already have that warranty, these are the first pair ive boughten from that bullshit store. i didnt want to wait for my axels to arrive so i just dropped 150 for these when i bought them.

am i not making this clear enough?

ok, i wont describe anything then dont ask any freaking questions becuase this is as basic as i can get it

1: i OWN autozone axels
2: with the lifetime warranty
3: broken
4: want new axel
5: go to autozone
6: give them broken axel and phone number
7: how much do i pay that retard behind the counter? for my new axel?
8:walk out and install on beater </TD></TR></TABLE>
Okay, so your Autozone axles broke?

Then go in and ask for a replacement. You have a limited lifetime warranty. It costs NOTHING.

Your parts are still under warranty. Do you not understand what having a warranty means?

And you call the counter person a retard.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:25 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, so your Autozone axles broke?

Then go in and ask for a replacement. You have a limited lifetime warranty. It costs NOTHING.

And you call the counter person a retard. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya it took him about 45 mins to figure out what constant velocity meant...........

he went around the store repating it to himself then came back to me and asked

is that like a CV axel?

then some other expletive was trying to argue with me that my car wasnt OBD2
and wouldnt let me scan my car...................just becuase its a 93 civic doesnt means its OBD1 fucktards

and im abosoultly SURE they charge you...........100% sure. i just wanted to know how much...............w/e this is no help ill come back and ill psot the amount so people in the future know
Old 10-27-2007, 02:26 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ya it took him about 45 mins to figure out what constant velocity meant...........

is that like a CV axel?

and wouldnt let me scan my car...................just becuase its a 93 civic doesnt means its OBD1 fucktards

and im abosoultly SURE they charge you...........100% sure. i just wanted to know how much...............w/e this is no help ill come back and ill psot the amount so people in the future know </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you don't get it. She works at Autozone. I'm sure she knows the return policy for a warantied part a little better than you. I'm surprised you can tie your own shoes.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:29 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya it took him about 45 mins to figure out what constant velocity meant...........

is that like a CV axel?

and im abosoultly SURE they charge you...........100% sure. i just wanted to know how much...............w/e this is no help ill come back and ill psot the amount so people in the future know </TD></TR></TABLE>
So tell me again what you think that lifetime warranty means then?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:33 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe you don't get it. She works at Autozone. I'm sure she knows the return policy for a warantied part a little better than you. I'm surprised you can tie your own shoes. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you guys seriously need to calm down you guys arent the ****............... im just telling you my personal expericences...........maybe she doesnt do the what it takes to do the job right scam but it happened to me. i hate parts stores. not to mention they get into pissing contests with me. especially when i was a TECH, theyd talk as if they knew moe about my car...............ie especially when i asked for a serpatine belt.......these dicks were complaning that my car never came with one............seriously, i now do ALL of my shopping online or i order it through the dealership and have that 16 year old kid that drives for napa deliver it to my stall..................

incase you guys didnt catch that our dealership orders napa parts...................when we need non OE parts...................FYI
Old 10-27-2007, 02:35 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So tell me again what you think that lifetime warranty means then?</TD></TR></TABLE>

autozones warranty?

not ****

snap on truck.............................my tool ever breaks i get a new one.....autzone just slapped that sticker on it and never pull through with their word.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:38 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you guys seriously need to calm down you guys arent the ****............... im just telling you my personal expericences...........maybe she doesnt do the what it takes to do the job right scam but it happened to me. i hate parts stores. not to mention they get into pissing contests with me. especially when i was a TECH, theyd talk as if they knew moe about my car...............ie especially when i asked for a serpatine belt.......these dicks were complaning that my car never came with one............seriously, i now do ALL of my shopping online or i order it through the dealership and have that 16 year old kid that drives for napa deliver it to my stall..................</TD></TR></TABLE>

And what you just said has what to do with her knowing more about the company policies than you? It has what to do with you returning your broken axle and getting a free replacement?

Seriously, if the counter monkey is too retarded, then speak to a manager. If he's retarded too, talk to the store manager. They're all ASE certified and have, in general, at least 5 years management experience in auto parts. Even if he's completely brain-dead .... he'll still be able to get you what you need.

Autozone is not a place you go to get your car worked on, or fixed, or diagnosed. It's a store you go to buy parts. You wouldn't go into a Safeway and ask the cashier how to make Salmon En Crute would you? You wouldn't ask the salesman at Best Buy how to replace a blown preamplifier inside a head unit, would you?

Right now, you're being too stubborn to accept the simple fact that .... (here's the tricky part)

You get a free axle tomorrow.

So go to Autozone, and fix your ******* problem.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 AM
MEAT PATTY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have pepboys and autozone axles in both of my hatches. Whenever my friends or I need a new axle I just bring them the receipt every time they gladly replace the axle free of charge.
It happen on two occurences where they actually gave me $50 after I returned the axle and got a new one. I didn't say a word..........
I've been rotating axles now for 4-5 years, work the system don't let it work you.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:46 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty (goforbroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goforbroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have pepboys and autozone axles in both of my hatches. Whenever my friends or I need a new axle I just bring them the receipt every time they gladly replace the axle free of charge.
It happen on two occurences where they actually gave me $50 after I returned the axle and got a new one. I didn't say a word..........
I've been rotating axles now for 4-5 years, work the system don't let it work you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how'd that happen? they usally just bitch at my store........maybe i should drive a little ways and just go to the next city...........cant stand the douche bags at the one in my city.......******* ricers.....................as in bodykits etc and they are know it alls too....

now i can see how ERAN and NOFX work there LOL

cant wait till the welding cert tests so i dont have to deal with ******* cars for a living. XD
Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 AM
HT White Ops

how'd that happen? they usally just bitch at my store........maybe i should drive a little ways and just go to the next city...........cant stand the douche bags at the one in my city.......******* ricers.....................as in bodykits etc and they are know it alls too....

cant wait till the welding cert tests so i dont have to deal with ******* cars for a living. XD </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oooooh, snide comments from a guy who can't figure out how to work a receipt. Call me a ricer, call me an idiot, whatever. At the end of the day, you look like an assbag piece of ****, and I still know what I'm doing under the hood of my car, and over the counter at a store.

I don't work at Autozone. I'm just actually clever enough to figure out warranty information without posting on Honda-Tech. I cook for a living, and do a fine job of it. I wrench for a hobby.

By the way, working parts and working tech are COMPLETELY different arenas. I know WONDERFUL parts people that can't wrench for ****. I also know Master Technicians that couldn't sell food to a starving man. You're comparing apples to oranges here.

EDIT:

I'd also like the point out that you're the only person I've ever met who's had problems returning a part to Autozone when it was under warranty.

Another thing .... why is it that the only people who have a problem with me .... are dirtbag '07 members with like twelve posts?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 AM
MEAT PATTY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in the city and I usually would go to the most ghettoed *** store or unorganized one in my area. I haven't had a problem yet, lol.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: autozone question...........lifetime axel warranty (goforbroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goforbroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I live in the city and I usually would go to the most ghettoed *** store or unorganized one in my area. I haven't had a problem yet, lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you know what ill try that one.............and ill take my moms vette too so they dont go ohhhhhhh a civic! what yozzz got in der? spoon krat motor?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:02 AM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by suicide_shift
you guys seriously need to calm down you guys arent the ****............... im just telling you my personal expericences...........maybe she doesnt do the what it takes to do the job right scam but it happened to me. i hate parts stores. not to mention they get into pissing contests with me. especially when i was a TECH, theyd talk as if they knew moe about my car...............ie especially when i asked for a serpatine belt.......these dicks were complaning that my car never came with one............seriously, i now do ALL of my shopping online or i order it through the dealership and have that 16 year old kid that drives for napa deliver it to my stall..................

incase you guys didnt catch that our dealership orders napa parts...................when we need non OE parts...................FYI
We are calm. You just don't get it. The warranty doesn't just mean nothing. If your local store is too incompetent to deal with your very regular and common problems (nothing you have said here is out of the ordinary except that you think you're going to have trouble returning a part that legitimately broke without "persuasion")

Most people who come into parts stores know nothing about cars. Some of those people act like they know everything about cars though.

And technically, our cars don't have serpentine belts. I think it's defined as a belt that runs more than one device. I don't know about you, but my car has three belts (alternator, a/c and power steering are all independent). Had they looked it up in the computer though, all our belts (save for the timing belt of course) are listed under serpentine belts. It's like that for all cars. There is just a generic list for us to look up parts. Say that you call a part some archaic term that I've never heard of and you can't describe it in another way, it won't pop up unless I type in the exact words the computer wants. For example, there are no "brake light bulbs" in our computer system. Only "stop light bulbs". Don't ask me why it can't read them as being the same item.

Sometimes the noobies get tripped up. Even the people who used to work with us might get tripped up at first since Autozone has started using a completely new program (was DOS based before).
autozones warranty?

not ****

snap on truck.............................my tool ever breaks i get a new one.....autzone just slapped that sticker on it and never pull through with their word.
There is no sticker for the warranty. It's in the computer. Call up, give them your phone number (the one you gave them when you bought the part - if you moved, remember your old number) if you don't have the receipt anymore.

If the people at your local store are too retarded to work a warranty return, go to another one and don't say a word about the other store until after your warranty has been worked out. If you have trouble, ask for the district manager's phone number.

cant wait till the welding cert tests so i dont have to deal with ******* cars for a living. XD
It's funny that you report a post for someone calling you an idiot, but you insult both Eran and I out of the blue (even though we are trying our damnedest to beat some sense into your head). I didn't insult you.

Perhaps you never noticed that there is no garage on the back of your Autozone building. Autozone does not work on cars, so technically none of the employees really need to know how to troubleshoot your issues.

We get phone calls all day. Do you turn rotors? No. Do you sell tires? No. Do you work on cars? No. Could you install my suspension/radiator/compressor/etc? No.

We have has ******** work at my store before. They work their way through the system. I had people I had known about at another Autozone on the other side of the country that thought lifters could be for trunks or hoods. I tell my coworkers this story and they just giggle though.

It really depends on the manager more than anything. The manager will decide if they think those people can handle the job. If the manager at your store doesn't give a fvck, your store will end up with horrible employees. If you want your local store to change, get the district manager's number and start making complaints. Give that number to your friends. Have them start making phone calls. Every complaint you have, make a phone call. Tell the district manager. The store manager will get his/her *** chewed out and so will the employees. They employees will either stop slacking, or get fired because the manager would rather fire them than get everyone fired.

Oh, and sounds like those employees are behind on their certifications too. All Autozone employees are supposed to get several different certifications, plus are offered the chance to get ASE Parts Specialist courses paid for them if they can pass the practice test.

If you want this store to change, start complaining.