Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Automatic Transmission and Linear Solenoid.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Transmission and Linear Solenoid.

Ok, here is the problem, sometimes while sitting in a drive through or something us automatic Civic drivers put the car in nuetral so we can lay off the brakes while grandma is telling the people at the window she wants it re-made! While after grandma has left and probably will end up spilling the hot coffee all over herself despite the warning plasterd on the cups, we put the car back into drive and continue on with our day. While in my case I wish it went so smooth, not only drive throughs but putting the car in nuetral and returning it to drive with cause the car to wanna jump forward almost feels like a nuetral drop! Now we all know this is not good. This has been going on for several months and is just really annoying and really not good for the tranny. The tranny has been flushed, no codes are being thrown. My belief is is could be the transmission linear solenoid. I don't want to drop 150 on a new one and have it not work, I have done that before on other parts and when it came down to it the same problems had still existed. Any ideas on this? And don't say swap for a manual... low boost is coming soon and like the constant boost pressure! Help a brother out! The only way this problem is avoided is after leaving somewhere and taking it out of park and shifting down there is no problem. Once in nuetral and wanting to avoid the jump, I shift it back up to park and back down to drive and no problem! Wierd!