Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Auto X

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto X

i just found out a large auto x club runs on sundays in a big lot near my area...its around 40 buks to run six times.....im just wondering how my 97 civic will run with stock suspension other than a front strut bar and 16" wheels...performance wise i have intake full apexi n1 exhaust...im just worring about the suspension tho can i have fun with what i have or will it just be a waste of time. basicaly im just wondering if a stick civic suspension will be any good at all in auto x.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Auto X (blackbmagic)

We do have a forum dedicated to this stuff.

But I will try to answer you question as best I can. It's not a matter of what you have on your car, it's more about how well you can make your car handle by driving it correctly. Going to an auto X event is a great learning experience. If it were me, I would go just to see how I could do and try and improve my driving. It would also be a great way to do a "base run" so to say, if you plan on upgrading your suspension in the future.
Honda-Tech Member

I honestly wouldn't worry about being competetive for the first year or so of auto-x honestly go there and drive, yeah your car is going to lean and you'll suck but you will have fun in the process, also there is a complete other forum dedicated to auto-x/roadracing.
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be more worried about those big *** wheels with a wimpy motor.

If it's at Nassau Coliseum they kinda suck. Head to Giants stadium for some real fun.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Auto X (turboman)

u think i should put my stock wheels on for the time being..i watched these guys today they are really not all about speed its pretty much just good driving and handeling downthere...i think i should keep my 16 cause the tires are wider and more low profile..n my bad with the forum i never relized there was a autox forum i honestly never even thought twice about auto x untill i watched it today and being its so close everyweek im thinking abotu getting into it..thanks for the info
Old 04-17-2005, 07:32 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto X (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We do have a forum dedicated to this stuff.

But I will try to answer you question as best I can. It's not a matter of what you have on your car, it's more about how well you can make your car handle by driving it correctly. Going to an auto X event is a great learning experience. If it were me, I would go just to see how I could do and try and improve my driving. It would also be a great way to do a "base run" so to say, if you plan on upgrading your suspension in the future. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats just what i would say
Old 04-17-2005, 07:33 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackbmagic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u think i should put my stock wheels on for the time being..i watched these guys today they are really not all about speed its pretty much just good driving and handeling downthere...i think i should keep my 16 cause the tires are wider and more low profile..n my bad with the forum i never relized there was a autox forum i honestly never even thought twice about auto x untill i watched it today and being its so close everyweek im thinking abotu getting into it..thanks for the info
</TD></TR></TABLE>
the tires that are on your 16's are probably a lot wider and have a smaller side wall, they will handle a LOT better then your stockers.