Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is!

Ok I *think* i gathered MOST of the parts needed for this swap.. I took pics of ALL the parts w/ my camera phone so quality sucks.. but I dont know what everything is! :-) here:

Transmission:

ECU

Pedal ***:

starter and some kind of cylinder?? not sure

some mounts?? what else do i need?

Also not sure what this is? line ?

intake manifold & throttle body.. where are those sensors i need?

Items not Shown but i do have:
New clutch set pp etc
Del sol SI shift linkage

Soo what am i missing.. I understand i need manual flywheel bolts or something? Where would i check for those/what are they? Also, I'm not sure what else i need!! I am hoping to start this by friday but it doesn't look like it! Thanks for any help in advance!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:13 PM

Default Re: auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is! (uszcrx)

bump where are u guru's :-) I know many people have done this!!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:42 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is! (uszcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uszcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">starter and some kind of cylinder?? not sure
</TD></TR></TABLE>
That is the clutch master cylinder.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also not sure what this is? line ?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
That is the clutch slave cylinder.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Re: auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is! (Targa250R)

Bump thanks!! these are from a 92-95 civic will they need modifications for a 1996 d16y8
Old 08-29-2006, 11:23 PM

Bump any other input?? any special or extra nuts and bolts that i would need??

Also anyone have a pic of the manual flywheel bolts that i need?
I also think i need a 2 wire iacv which is not located on my IM..

any other help is also appreciated!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

diff year civics require diff parts for the swap. check out my recent threads for some reference
Old 08-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is! (mr poo)

you need that upper tranny mount from manual civic..i assume this is going in a ek??if not you'll need a aftermarket mount from placeracing ..not much to it really..looks like u still need the shift linkage as well..those fly bolt you'll need as the auto ones are alot shorter then the manual ones...you also need a peice of sheet metal to cover a BIG hole that u cut to remove the auto shifter assembly....and a manual rear trans bracket...also theres wiring involved..forgot which wires..u can use the auto ecu but u well get a cel for the auto trans having alot of sensors..and u might have to modify your exhuast as well..
Old 08-30-2006, 06:52 AM

Default Re: auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is! (k_motor)

Sorry i didn't realize i didn't say this was for my 1996 d16y8 del sol!

Thanks for the info.. and the tip to look at your posts! I thought i had read every auto to manual swap post.. does anyone know what resources i should have doing this swap? obviously a helms.. but is there something more specific to doing this kind of job??

Also, i wanted to know if the slave-cylinders from the 92-95 will work and what it will take to get them to work?

I already have the shift linkage.

Heres my List So-far:
Longer Manual Flywheel bolts
Longer Starter Bolt
2 Wire IACV sensor

Now those mounts/bracket i have in the picture here .. are these the correct ones i need?

http://img176.imageshack.us/im...6.jpg

Also where is a good place to get those above items because there so small and stupid!!! haha
Old 08-30-2006, 09:05 AM

Bumpiddyyyy keeping this up so i can figure out this swap!!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure how the body of a Del sol is under the hood??? if its like an EK, just need to get factory manual mounts...if not then you'll need manual front tranny mount, and after market top mount... make sure you have a junk yard close...may need random bolts.

I did this...not hard....

Just got stuck with 2 bad trannys...*** holes
Old 08-30-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: auto to manual thread *Update#1* Got pics .. tell me what i'm missing/what this is! (EvilPinkEy

OK :-) thanks again for some more input!!!

Anyone have a pic of the mounts i would need??

ALSO, do the del sol mounts qualify as an EG or an EK if its a 1996?! ugh haha i have no idea I'm assuming it would be EG because they didn't really change the body too much from 93-97.. CAN anyone confirm this?? THat will help alot in my path!!

I am unfamiliar with Junkyards in Central, NJ.. anyone care to point me??