Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Auto to Manual Swap Using Cable Style Tranny question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to Manual Swap Using Cable Style Tranny question

Hey hows it going. So yesterday I picked up a 93 civic ex coupe at a really good price and i really good condition. The only thing is the car is automatic. the thing is I wanted to switch it over to manual. Now i've read the articles in the faq about how to switch over a 92-00 civic with a hydralic tranny and i've read the write ups on how to switch an 88-91 civic over with a cable tranny. Now i was wondering would it be possible to switch the car over to manual using the cable tranny and peddle setup. If so what peddles would i use. would the ones from a 92-93 integra work. Over here junkyards have a lot of crashed 92-93 integras so it is easier for me to get a cable tranny ls swap then hydro. there are a lot more cable motor swaps around here. also by judging from the writeups there is a lot less parts to buy. So if someone could please tell me if it is possible to do auto to manual cable swap and what peddles to use that would be great thank you. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Auto to Manual Swap Using Cable Style Tranny question (wushubrian)

anyone got any views?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Auto to Manual Swap Using Cable Style Tranny question (wushubrian)

anyone?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only real way to do it is to do teh swap as if it were a normal hydro tranny, install the clutch pedal, hydro lines, etc.
Then you need a hydro to cable conversion kit. That'll be the easiest and cleanest way to do it.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Bakeoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bakeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only real way to do it is to do teh swap as if it were a normal hydro tranny, install the clutch pedal, hydro lines, etc.
Then you need a hydro to cable conversion kit. That'll be the easiest and cleanest way to do it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not really, his car is an 92-95 model, that alone means for him to go CABLE he has to drill out that trans bracket and weld a new one in. Reason being i dont believe anyone makes an off the shelf auto to manual cable trans for those cars. 96-00 he could do it no problem as the engine bay is all the same.

As for pedals you would use the 92-00 gas and brake and a cable pedal from an older car. But really for your model, because of that mount it might not be worth it. I would give Hasport a call and see if they can supply you an auto to manual cable mount before you think about continuing this. Just my view on it.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not really, his car is an 92-95 model, that alone means for him to go CABLE he has to drill out that trans bracket and weld a new one in. Reason being i dont believe anyone makes an off the shelf auto to manual cable trans for those cars. 96-00 he could do it no problem as the engine bay is all the same.

As for pedals you would use the 92-00 gas and brake and a cable pedal from an older car. But really for your model, because of that mount it might not be worth it. I would give Hasport a call and see if they can supply you an auto to manual cable mount before you think about continuing this. Just my view on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I found this posted by another member in a differet forum:

"Mounts - A lot of people are under the belief that you can use an OEM top manual mount on your automatic chassi. This is incorrect, well you can use one but you will need to weld it to the tranny. I picked up a mount from JDMSh!t.com, the good thing about this mount is that it's made for an automatic chassi, and also a manual transmission. It's 100% bolt up. Placeracing.com/Hasport also make similar mounts."

They make the ones for hydro but i don't see cable ones advertised on their site: I am going to give them a call tomorrow to see if it they have ones.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wushubrian)

why the expletive would you even think about doing something like this when you can get a D series hydo tranny for pennies
Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: (sicones)

Cuz i can get a complete 93 integra swap for cheap around. The whole swaps go for 400 localy. with engine tranny axles and everything. I'm not going to keep a SOHC
Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wushubrian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wushubrian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not going to keep a SOHC</TD></TR></TABLE>

that old *** LS motor is not much of an upgrade, keep saving untill you can get something better
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (sicones)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that old *** LS motor is not much of an upgrade, keep saving untill you can get something better</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what i would do too..get a obd1 b series..less hassle...mostly plug and play