Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

auto to manual swap parts checklist

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto to manual swap parts checklist

Hey guys, I'm about to start a auto-manual tranny swap conversion and I just want to make sure that I have everything that I need before I start the swap. Here's all the parts that I have, oh and this will be done on a 1993 honda civic ex with a jdm d15b motor.

Checklist:
2000 Civic EX Transmission
Exedy OEM Clutch Kit with manual oem bolts
Flywheel and manual oem bolts
Hasport front auto-manual conversion mount
front lower manual 3 bolt bracket
Manual starter with manual bolts
Clutch Master cylinder with reservoir
clutch slave cylinder
clutch hard lines
clutch pedal (i'm going to cut the brake pedal in half and put pedal covers over it)
P28 Manual ECU
Shift Linkage with es bushings
shifter with shift ****
manual console piece with boot
flywheel cover plate or inspection plate

if i'm missing anything please notify me. thx.

Modified by byronl at 10:54 PM 2/2/2006
Old 01-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like your good to go..
Old 01-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (sohcvtec1995)

Your on the right track but your missing a few things. I dont remember off the top of my head for your year. Check this link and go along with what you have to the thread.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1316692
Old 01-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Luserkid)

yea i checked that thread and i've pretty much got everything. I'm gonna buy the bitch pin soon and still need a couple bolts here and there. I didn't get the manual throttle cable because i am going to keep my auto brake/gas pedal and just cut them in half. Also am I going to need another mount? I got two and i'm not sure if i need one more mount or if i'm all set. thx!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (byronl)

Sell me your hasport mount
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 AM

Default Re: (sohcvtec1995)

I'm doing the same swap in my 93 coupe and you pretty much have all the same **** I do but I only need one motor mount..I guess that goes in place of the passanger side mount ..I also whent with the HCP??? mount from honda ****..it's cheaper, but I have to wait until they get more in
Old 01-31-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: auto to manual swap parts checklist (byronl)

Does anyone know if you need the blue module that is in the place of the master clutch cylinder on the automatics? Maybe I just need to rerout the wires off to the side and zip tie it off to the side. If any one knows anything about it, PLEASE, let me know!!!!!! I also switched the automatic gas pedal to the manual pedal plate because of the different throttle linkage and it seems to work fine. I haven't tested it out yet so I don't know if it will work yet, I don't see any reason why it won't.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: auto to manual swap parts checklist (PeugeotLowrider)

that blue module is what unlocks the park position when u press on the brake pedal i believe.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Also, the brake pedal is different, so it'd be better to just swap out the metal pedal itself. It's just a cotter pin, locking pin, and spring. The auto brake pedal comes straight down beside the steering column, whereas the manual one curves around it, bringing it closer to the gas petal. I thought about doing what you are planning on, but it just won't work right. You'll need that brake pedal or your clutch pedal won't mount correctly.

Modified by civicseth at 11:34 PM 1/31/2006
Old 01-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PeugeotLowrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone know if you need the blue module that is in the place of the master clutch cylinder on the automatics? Maybe I just need to rerout the wires off to the side and zip tie it off to the side. If any one knows anything about it, PLEASE, let me know!!!!!! I also switched the automatic gas pedal to the manual pedal plate because of the different throttle linkage and it seems to work fine. I haven't tested it out yet so I don't know if it will work yet, I don't see any reason why it won't. </TD></TR></TABLE>Well, I didn't see this post, but you don't need that blue box. Remove it.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:15 AM

Default Re: auto to manual swap parts checklist (civicseth)

Here is my tip for a clean OE-like installation. I did this on my 96 EJ Coupe. May help you on your EG

Take a visit to a salvage yard. Find your self a totaled out manual EG. Have the center tunnel sheet metal cut out. Don't be afraid to take too much of the floor board. You will be triming to size later. Now find yourself a reference point between your car and the piece you cut out to position it exactly like OE. Now trim to fit underside of car. My EJ piece just covered the OE hole where the manual shifter would have been had the car been equiped. This only ended up being about 4" wide by 6"-7" long. I used a black sealant, and bolts to fasten the trim piece to the underside of the car, then sprayed with undercoating, and looks very very clean. As for the inside, everything fit up just like OE, including all the rubber dust boots, console, etc.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Re: (civicseth)

Sorry, I must have explained what I did with the pedal assemblies wrong. I, being the dumbass that I can be, took out the a/t bracket before the m/t bracket came so I didn't think about just switching the brake pedals, it would have been 100000x easier than removing the the a/t assembly and installing the m/t assembly with the a/t gas pedal! Oh well, it's done now and it works, well I hope it does any ways, theres no reason that is shouldn't work. As for the blue box, I'm still going to hang on to it just in case I do, for some odd reason unknown to all, need it.

Modified by PeugeotLowrider at 6:29 AM 2/3/2006

Modified by PeugeotLowrider at 6:30 AM 2/3/2006
Old 02-01-2006, 08:51 AM

One thing I for got to ask everyone, Do I need the clutch pedal position sensor? If so, I have to get a new one because the guys that sent me the assembly cut the wires . If I do need it, is it easy to wire the sensor???
Old 02-01-2006, 09:18 AM

Sensor is used to "kill" starter if clutch is not depressed. You don't need it, but be careful. I have nearly bumped a few cars from my car lurching forward during start up.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:55 PM

Default Re: auto to manual swap parts checklist (BryanPendleton)

lol, I've done that with my Toyota 4Runner many times ! So when I put in the m/t ecu I don't have to jump any wires or anything like that do I? It will work O.K. w/o it then?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what does that hasport mount go for?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:20 AM

Default Re: (btleier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by btleier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what does that hasport mount go for?</TD></TR></TABLE>
That mount goes for like $300 ! The mount from JDMshit goes for $130 shipped . So I'm going with the mount from jdmshit, the only thing that sucks is that they are out of them for a while.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PeugeotLowrider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PeugeotLowrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That mount goes for like $300 ! The mount from JDMshit goes for $130 shipped . So I'm going with the mount from jdmshit, the only thing that sucks is that they are out of them for a while.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, the hasport mount costed me about $185 shipped
Old 02-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (byronl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by byronl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually, the hasport mount costed me about $185 shipped</TD></TR></TABLE>This is correct.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: auto to manual swap parts checklist (BryanPendleton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BryanPendleton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sensor is used to "kill" starter if clutch is not depressed. You don't need it, but be careful. I have nearly bumped a few cars from my car lurching forward during start up.</TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah, At first I didn't have it, and made sure to press the clutch in, but being used to an automatic, I went ahead and wired it up. What it does, is complete the circuit when the pedal is depressed. The two large wires you connected at the auto-shifter position are the ones you are supposed to run to it. Mine works like a charm now.

Also, when you put in your manual tranny, did the front lower tranny bracket line up to the holes in the subframe-rail? Mine didn't and is just kinda up against it.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: auto to manual swap parts checklist (civicseth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicseth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, when you put in your manual tranny, did the front lower tranny bracket line up to the holes in the subframe-rail? Mine didn't and is just kinda up against it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't put the motor and tranny in yet. I just finnished piecing everything together today, in fact, so I don't know yet if it will or not, but I'll keep you posted. I still have to wait until JDMshit gets the a/t to m/t mount in. I've been waiting for ever for it to get in and every time I call it's, " it will be in the first part of next week." Im about to go with the hasport mount eventhough it's a little more expensive just so I can freaking get **** done!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PeugeotLowrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't put the motor and tranny in yet. I just finnished piecing everything together today, in fact, so I don't know yet if it will or not, but I'll keep you posted. I still have to wait until JDMshit gets the a/t to m/t mount in. I've been waiting for ever for it to get in and every time I call it's, " it will be in the first part of next week." Im about to go with the hasport mount eventhough it's a little more expensive just so I can freaking get **** done! </TD></TR></TABLE>
I read a couple bad reviews on the jdmsh!t brand mounts. I'd just get the Hasport. It's been proven to work great, so its a safe bet to get the Hasport. It's a nice mount.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:56 PM

sounds good bro but that pedal in half is kinda ghetto.. i have pedals if u wish 2 purchase.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your on the right track but your missing a few things. I dont remember off the top of my head for your year. Check this link and go along with what you have to the thread.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1316692</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very good thread.

But sounds pretty good to me. GOod luck!! I'm on the same boat as you are!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:39 PM

hey i'm thinking about doing this conversion too, would you mind posting a total cost once you're finished with this? it would really be helpful for me. thanks!

Quick Reply: auto to manual swap parts checklist