Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

auto-to-manual AND D-to-B at same time using integra parts??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:41 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default auto-to-manual AND D-to-B at same time using integra parts??

ok, here's my dilemma. I'm trying to keep my project as low cost as possible. Its a 93 dx hatch auto.

I had a 94 sedan with a 5speed and a 91 teg ls 5speed.

I was first going to convert the hatch to manual using the sedan's 5speed parts and once that was going good, I was then going to convert over to the b18a using the teg parts.

my problem is that my dad though I was done getting parts off of the sedan so he crushed it. now I'm left with just the integra.

Is it possible to pull off the complete swapover using just the integra parts?? will the teg pedal assembly and such swap over into my hatch without too much fuss?? I dont mind converting to the teg's cable clutch setup since I obviously have no clutch setup at all right now...
Old 06-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: auto-to-manual AND D-to-B at same time using integra parts?? (stackz)

What motor's in the 94?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Tru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you have an Auto EG hatch, and a 5 speed teg, and you want to put the B series trans on your D series in the hatch? am i correct?

If so, i know bisimoto makes some adaptor plates, but i think its for F and B series trans to bolt onto a D series motor.

If you wanna do a complete D15 to B18 swap, i cant help you, i dont know B series swaps very well
Old 06-08-2006, 06:45 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Default Re: (Tru)

no, I want to convert completely over to the b-series engine/trans setup.

I just dont have any 5speed civic parts available anymore to convert FIRST to 5speed with.

so instead of doing a stepped swap:

1st step: convert from d-series auto to d-series manual.
2nd step: convert from d-series engine/manual to b-series engine/manual.

now I only have parts to do the entire driveline swap...with only teg parts available.

the only 5speed pedal set I have is the integra pedal setup, etc. Will the integra pedal set and such bolt up to my civic's firewall and such or are they different and not compatible.

I've heard you can retain the cable clutch when you do an LS swap, just most people prefer hydraulic clutches is why they convert over from cable to hydraulic...I just wanna know if I can do this swap with the parts I have available to me since my 94 sedan donor was crushed before I could get everything off of it??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What motor's in the 94?</TD></TR></TABLE>
doesnt matter anymore since it was crushed...but it was a d15b, same as I have in my hatch.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when i was researching buying an integra front clip and transferring parts to my civic, i was told that the integra pedals should bolt up just fine, but the clutch lines may have to be run differently since it doesnt take the same route.

also, kinda OT, but im still looking to do an auto-manual swap... which junkyard do you go to?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (stackz)

Ok, I'm dumb. I read your post wrong. I believe you shouldn't have too much of a problem with it. The guys in the Hybrid forum might be more helpful
Old 06-13-2006, 01:30 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Default Re: (black_EM1)

woohoo!!

dad called me back today and told me the blue sedan is still out back, they crushed a different car instead but thought it was the one I was talking about

damn him for freaking me out
Old 06-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (stackz)

You could use everything from the teg EXCEPT the top tranny mount, you need to buy the auto to manual tranny mount that hasport makes.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You could use everything from the teg EXCEPT the top tranny mount, you need to buy the auto to manual tranny mount that hasport makes. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or, buy the one from JDMSh!t.com. That's the one I used when I did my swap and it worked great.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:07 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Or, buy the one from JDMSh!t.com. That's the one I used when I did my swap and it worked great. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, fastforward a few months...

I pulled the d15 out this weekend and have the b18 in there now. everyone said I could reuse my integra mounts but the driver side integra mount is about 1/2" too thin and sort of just sits inside the driver side frame mount??

should I just put a bushing in there or just tighten down the bolt until it crushes in the frame mount to take up the slack??

I STILL CANT FIND THE JDMSHIT.COM auto/manual mount???
Old 10-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: auto-to-manual AND D-to-B at same time using integra parts?? (stackz)

Check this link to help out with a 5 speed swap if you are going a hydro setup.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1545386