Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto to manual Cost?

Post how much you paid for parts for your swap
Old 04-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive heard anywhere from 150 - 2000.

150 being the people who have the hook ups at the yard, and 2000 for the people who went all OEM parts brand new.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: (ekcivic9)

yeah im definatly going second hand parts, trying to get for 5-600 is that realsitic?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very realistic

im trying to hit that ballpark range also... however, i want to replace the clutch and flywheel while i have the transmission out. so it may be a little more, give or take.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:57 PM

what are you using for your parts list, there are so many out there i dont know which to go by

i dont know what i need to replace or what i need to get new...idont want to upgrade, justmake it manual
Old 04-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know that your only asking for what people paid for theirs, but mind me asking what your setup will be? A B-series tranny is much more expensive (in good condition) than a D-series.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have a d16y8? or y7?

for the y8's you have to replace the intake manifold also, which is something you should note.

but for a complete list, search auto to manual.

luserkid wrote a great how-to on it.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Total, I spent about 1700 or so. I did get screwed out of $600 though. (but that's another story)

I'll give you my honest opinion about doing an auto to manual swap. For how much money you spend, it is not worth it. I suggest you sell your auto car and then find a manual one. You will actually MAKE money in the process. (in most cases) Ever since I did mine, I have regreted doing it. I could have easilly taken off the parts I had on the car, sold it, made some money and bought a manual and reinstalled all my parts.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:00 PM

yeah i looked at it, i have a d16y8,

but like about the flywheel, do you need a new one, what auto stuff can you resuse?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: (TrunkRattlin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrunkRattlin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but like about the flywheel, do you need a new one, what auto stuff can you resuse?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The auto "flywheel" you cant not reuse. Check out luserkids write-up. It is extremely detailed and will answer all or most of your questions.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SOHC4life, is it really not worth it?

ive invested wayy too much time into this car to just ditch it and find a manual... ive dide all the tuneups, belts and everything already... not to mention the suspension work and minor mods that took time to do
Old 04-25-2006, 08:09 PM

i know ive done so much on the exterior of my car to give it up, plus i got all my d16y8 turbo parts in my room
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: auto to manual Cost? (TrunkRattlin)

You should sell your auto and buy the same car with a manual transmission. Might be able to make some money on the sale of your car.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Re: auto to manual Cost? (EM199dcs)

only thing is that i put a bunch of work on the exterior of the car...
Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 PM

Well, heres my 2cents...
If you sell your car for a MT then why dont you just buy a modded out car to beginn with?
Ah heres my point; because you want to learn from your project right?! At least thats how I feel. Sure it costs more money to change but you can make it how YOU want it, not how you got it. I think the learning experience is worth the money and so will the feeling of satisfaction when you burn up the street with youre setup.
I definetly would not put stock clutch and what not...while you are doing it upgrade. If you cant afford then save up money and THEN do it.
However do what you feel is kool with you, just giving you ideas :D
Old 04-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Default Re: (termi)

im trying to decide whthter to do the swap, or buy/trade for a manual...because i already have all of the turbo parts for the d16y8
Old 04-25-2006, 10:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by termi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, heres my 2cents...
If you sell your car for a MT then why dont you just buy a modded out car to beginn with?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know exactly what you are saying, BUT you have to think about it. Is it really worth drastically lowering the resale price of your car JUST say you did the work?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrunkRattlin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im trying to decide whthter to do the swap, or buy/trade for a manual...because i already have all of the turbo parts for the d16y8</TD></TR></TABLE>

Again, I know where you are coming from. I have done lots of modifications to my car, interior, exterior, and suspension. It would have been most likely a 2 day project returning my car to stock to resell it but I would have been about $500+ richer and have MORE money to put into my car or anything else I wanted too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekcivic9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SOHC4life, is it really not worth it?

ive invested wayy too much time into this car to just ditch it and find a manual... ive dide all the tuneups, belts and everything already... not to mention the suspension work and minor mods that took time to do </TD></TR></TABLE>

AGAIN! I know what you mean, when I first got my car I didn't know **** about it so I spent over $400 to get the timing belt and motor mount replaced. Then there were more problems with the car, and in the end I wound up spending another $1000 after I bought the car. I put a lot of money into my car before I even started modifying it. I still regret doing what I did. And I will even more when I go to trade my car in at the end of the year.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:47 AM

Default Re: (SOHC4life 96)

the only thing thast is stopping me is that if i sell my car, i dont know how much i can get for it, then i have to turn that money aound and buy a completly stock looking vehicle? i wont be happy with the appearance and wont have any money to work with it
Old 04-26-2006, 07:39 AM
Cigarette Squad

function over fashion

ftw
Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (McGeeTM)

well i did it fairly cheap had the z6 tranny!

i went out and bought a clutch pedal setup from honda was 125 and change!

had my eg m/c!

ruffly it cost me about 250 give or take
Old 04-26-2006, 08:01 AM

Default ...

i did mine with a b16 swap so excluding swap price i paid 20 dollars at junkyard for clutch mastercylinder and shiftlinkage and shifter and boot and gauge cluster. and 60 dollars on ebay for pedals. i got 4 ft of hydrolic line for like 5 bucks at autozone for clutch lines.. for pedals i just swaped the brake pedal itself rather than the whole assembly much much easier.
turned around and sold gauge cluster on ebay for 68 dollars. went back and snaged the ecu and plugs for 20 dollars and its on ebay right now being sold
so let me calculate.....minus my time itdidnt cost me anything...hell i made money
but if you factor my time in it cost me alot more
dont listen to anybody that says its not worth it. be resourceful
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 AM

Default Re:

Goto http://www.car-parts.com I looked for a 5 spd for my sol and found one for about $100 within driving distance, I also found the ecu for $75. So I'm figuring $200ish for the entire swap but I'm going to try and be cheap and not change my ignition switch to a 5spd one if at all possible. It's basically a nationwide listing service for junk yards, I've found running K motors for 1K so you cant really beat the price. Dont let these guy's horror stories of spending $1700 scare you from doing it. It will be the best $200-$300 you'll ever spend. Good luck
Old 04-26-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Re: (Pavix)

I'm getting all the tranny parts off a donor car for $140 tomorrow and still need Hasport mount which is $175 or so. Already have a manual ecu but for gaskets, tranny fluid, etc. probably about $ 400

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Check out luserkids write-up. It is extremely detailed and will answer all or most of your questions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now Luserkid's writeup refers to 96-00. Will these same steps and part #s apply to a 92-95 (other than cutting out that plate and using aftermarket mount)?

Modified by TheLastSpartan at 5:56 PM 4/26/2006
Old 04-26-2006, 09:09 AM

opps i forgot that..i also paid 100 dollars for innovative auto to manual mount from passwordjdm
Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekcivic9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SOHC4life, is it really not worth it?

ive invested wayy too much time into this car to just ditch it and find a manual... ive dide all the tuneups, belts and everything already... not to mention the suspension work and minor mods that took time to do </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes its worth it. People become very attached to there cars over time and just to sell it for a manual is not worth it as apposed to just modding it to manual. If you only had your car for a month or 2 weeks then its not worth it because you have no attachment to it. So if you have attachment to it go for it, if you dont have an attachment then dont.

SOHC4Life is just being a bitch about his car because he put the wrong intake manifold on, his using a 99/00 manifold on his 96 and we even sealed up the injector holes but its leaking like hell so he has a very bad idle, and he also ended up burning out his clutch so now he needs to replace his clutch and intake manifold. If it was working out great he would say its worth it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheLastSpartan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not Luserkid's writeup refers to 96-00. Will these same steps and part #s apply to a 92-95 (other than cutting out that plate and using aftermarket mount)? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Everything is same EXCEPT you must get the auto to manual mount, and change out the throttle cable instead of the whole manifold. Everything else from the wiring to the manual labor and cutting are all the same. For an auto to manual in a 92-95 i wouldnt pull the motor like i do with 96-00s its a much friendler swap.

Now my opinion on prices. Honestly you choose the price, like said you could pay anywhere from 150 to actually 4000 for a set up like this. The more advanced the tranny/clutch the higher the price comes out. Honestly everything else other then the tranny/clutch is cheap as hell. So depending on what type of set up you want later down the line or you want now will determine how much your going to spend. Best option you could do is by a totalled car and strip it. Could be 92-95 or 94-00 integra.

Quick Reply: auto to manual Cost?