Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC?

where'd you guys mount em? i want to be able to see mine, so glovebox is out of the question. post some pics please

tia
Old 04-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC? (spankaveli)

i have mine mounted right above the a/c controls on the center console, and have the wires ran down through the vent.. its not the best place for it cause theifs can see it and grab it if they wanted but they would also take a whole bunch more if they can get past my viper alarm system

*edit* its mounted using the bracket that came w/ the vafc and its done so that it can be folded down and the screen isnt always right there looking at you.. i just wanted it somewhere i could see when i first bought it.. it might get moved into the glove box along with some other gauges..

[Modified by 95CivicEX, 4:57 PM 4/5/2002]
Old 04-05-2002, 01:00 PM

Default Re: attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC? (95CivicEX)

its not the best place for it cause theifs can see it and grab it if they wanted but they would also take a whole bunch more if they can get past my viper alarm system
dood not to be a dingus. ANYONE could simply bust out your window and with out any issues take that VAFC with a bit of the harness. Easily extend the wires and have a fully functional system, or they could order a new harness from APEX'I. Also... we've all seen what living in Northern VA can do for us. . We're all a target and displaying the goods like that is like a neon billboard, especially with the 5" tach. just a reality check.

.. i use to install alarms for $$$ and I did an excellent job on my alarm (remote start 5spd , like it matters to say anyhoo, who cares if yah can get that to work.. 1 wire difference) ... what i'm sayin' is i'm not secure with my car in the least bit. If you didn't do the alarm job yourself or it wasn't a friend.. it was more than likely a shoddy job.

[Modified by SyndicateEG, 10:05 PM 4/5/2002]
Old 04-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC? (SyndicateEG)

just put it in your glove box... I had mine there and all other places, now i got mine out of site and out of mind.
peeps ask me what happened to it, i tell them i sold it, didnt like it or need it anymore(dont want apexi to lose any money-hahaha)but peeps sholud have there own minds and be able to decide on there own, not because i said i didnt like(hehehe)... but keep it out of site, and keep you hood closed if you wanna keep a car.
thats another reason why i think streetracing is gay to many sharks trying to see what your car can beat or hang with. then when you dont think its going to happen, you get attacked by a shark.
plus its to dangerous to do it on the street.
Old 04-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Trial User

Default Re: attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC? (SyndicateEG)

its not the best place for it cause theifs can see it and grab it if they wanted but they would also take a whole bunch more if they can get past my viper alarm system

dood not to be a dingus. ANYONE could simply bust out your window and with out any issues take that VAFC with a bit of the harness. Easily extend the wires and have a fully functional system, or they could order a new harness from APEX'I. Also... we've all seen what living in Northern VA can do for us. . We're all a target and displaying the goods like that is like a neon billboard, especially with the 5" tach. just a reality check.

.. i use to install alarms for $$$ and I did an excellent job on my alarm (remote start 5spd , like it matters to say anyhoo, who cares if yah can get that to work.. 1 wire difference) ... what i'm sayin' is i'm not secure with my car in the least bit. If you didn't do the alarm job yourself or it wasn't a friend.. it was more than likely a shoddy job.

[Modified by SyndicateEG, 10:05 PM 4/5/2002]
i hear you bro.. i have heard and know people that have been hit up by all the **** on northern va.. i may be next i dont know.. that is why i have been seriously thinking about making my car look more stock and not so flashing to thieves.. i have also been thinking about getting a lojack system installed once i get my swap complete if it ever happens, so if they do get my car ill get it back w/ some stuff left and not be w/out it for a month.. i installed the car alarm on my own including the remote starter and feel that i did a good job w/ it.. but just like you said anyone can get anything they want in a matter of seconds..
Old 04-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 04-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I saw some car the other day that had it mounted above the rearview mirror, where the little visor thing is, i don't know if it was on here or not, I'm sure that required some mad extension of the wires, but it looked really cool there. Also, when i had mine, i had it mounted where the ashtray is on my optional equipment console, i had a 6.4 inch lcd above it and it looked really cool, until oneday i went out to my car and said "what is this, the ******* starship enterprise!" So all that is out, and sold, too bad i butchered up the console when i was riceing it up.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:56 PM
Trial User

do a search honestly man if you want to get more of an idea where people put theres.. i know there are tons of stuff in the archives cause when i was getting ready to mount mine i found a ton of pics of both civics and integras..
Old 04-11-2002, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC? (95CivicEX)

I bought the optional audio console and mounted mine there along with my Alpine BBE equalizer. I made a trim panel from a piece of 1/8" black ABS plastic. It looks like it almost came that way from the factory. I've seen a lot of people remove the ashtray and mount the bracket upside down then attach the controller to it. It doesn't look bad that way either. If you wanna hide it, you could try and track down a factory arm rest and mount it inside there.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:30 PM
Banned

Default Re: attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC? (Plan B)

Didn't require any extension of wires, just removed the little visor and drilled one hole in the VAFC mount to screw it down with. Works perfect.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: attn: 5g civic guys, where's your VAFC? (acura_typer)

Dx4dR93: I think that if you did not use the compartment that is under the ashtray much then it would be cool to by another audio console and customize it to fit in there becouse it would look nice and flush or even in the cup holder some how but then you would have to look down to see it and it would take a lot of custom work