Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

apex'i world sport suspension...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apex'i world sport suspension...

Ok, so I've done a few searches and didn't really find what I'm looking for..

who here has experiance with the world sport suspensions? I am looking to get a set of these. For 875 installed

what are you guys opinions on this set up? I want just a nice comfortable ride with a nice looking drop that I can occasionally take to the track and run. Would these be good to go?!

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (CivicSi2000)

Closest thing I have experience with is the N1 Pro setup (not really the same at all), but I say do it yourself. You can get it for cheaper that way and you dont really need any special tools to swap the whole suspension stuff out. A 14, 17 and 19 mm wrench and socket should get you in and out. Should take you less than 3 hours as well. I loved the N1 Pro setup I drove though.

EDIT: Since you won't have to remove your springs from your stock shocks you won't even need to get a spring compressor.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Waste of money for a set of non-adjustable coilovers. Get a set of tein SS from vtecvoodoo for 875 shipped and install them yourself.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (BauleyCivic)

I don't know the first thing to installing a suspension and I'm getting them from a friend of mind who runs a shop so I want to give him my bussiness.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:39 PM

Since its a world sport, it should be close to factory ride with enhanced handling. Just an opinion since all WS are close to oem specs.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (greenf1)

Do it yourself its really not hard at all, if your friend was nice he would prolly help you out for some beers or somethin
Old 02-26-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (greenf1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by greenf1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since its a world sport, it should be close to factory ride with enhanced handling. Just an opinion since all WS are close to oem specs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok then what about tein basics? any opinions on those?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicSi2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok then what about tein basics? any opinions on those?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agian, non adjustable=trash. Get GCs and Koni Yellows. Spend less money and get a superior setup.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:35 PM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (Ricey McRicerton)

My friend just put these on his 93 Si and he loves them. Yes, there is no external adjustment, but for a full coilover suspension, $875 installed is a great price and it is 10 times better than stock and has ride height adjustability. The retail is $1280 on the World Sports by the way so $875 is really good, but I have seen them for less.

I do agree with others and say that you should save the money of the install fee and try to do this install yourself. How much is the charge for the install? If the install fee is basically free when buying the coilovers , then take him up on it though.

There are other options out there, but depending on the price without the installation, these might be the best bet for you money. However, the Teins and Tanabe come close in price and are nice options as well. Hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Closest thing I have experience with is the N1 Pro setup (not really the same at all), but I say do it yourself. You can get it for cheaper that way and you dont really need any special tools to swap the whole suspension stuff out. A 14, 17 and 19 mm wrench and socket should get you in and out. Should take you less than 3 hours as well. I loved the N1 Pro setup I drove though.

EDIT: Since you won't have to remove your springs from your stock shocks you won't even need to get a spring compressor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually he might need a spring compressor if his new coilover setup does not come with pillow mounts. then he ll need to swap over the top hats.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:29 AM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (djhatch)

I just installed WS's on my EM1, it took me about 2 hours.

I really like em, the ride, the handling, the drop.

I paid 300 + my stock suspension.

Im having issues right now with my exhaust rubbing on my sway bar that i have to take care of, other than that im totally happy
Old 02-27-2004, 05:57 AM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (C00SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by C00SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just installed WS's on my EM1, it took me about 2 hours.

I really like em, the ride, the handling, the drop.

I paid 300 + my stock suspension.

Im having issues right now with my exhaust rubbing on my sway bar that i have to take care of, other than that im totally happy </TD></TR></TABLE>

How is the stiffness on them?
Old 02-27-2004, 07:28 AM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (Lil Corb)

Its alittle stiff, but its all good.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:52 AM

you guys are talking me into it!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by C00SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its alittle stiff, but its all good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but a little stiff what do you mean? Becuase I want a suspension that is stiff I don't want to be bouncing around every where..also are these good for some track use? I am mostly a street driver but I plan on taking to the track every once in a while. would they be good for that if I'm not a hardcore racer?

thanks guys!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:57 AM

Oh bouncing isnt a problem at all.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:56 AM
^R@m!r0_(M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey Mcricerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Agian, non adjustable=trash. Get GCs and Koni Yellows. Spend less money and get a superior setup. </TD></TR></TABLE>

To the idiots that say non adjustable dampers are bad. Most of the non adjustable dampers are great... its all about spring rates and shock stiffness, The worst one to get is TEIN, they dont have the stiffest shocks but they're ok, Apexi WS are really nice and great for daily driving, the Tanabe PRO S-0C's are Really stiff too, those are the ones i am probably going to get. besides these setups are built for eachother (Mated) unlike GC's and koni's that are, in the end just Sleeve coilovers.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (R@m!r0_M)

bump, let's get a debate goin on here!! haha

so who says I go for world sport?!
Old 02-27-2004, 07:47 PM

I drove my friend's car today with the World Sports just so I could give you my opinion.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicSi2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
but a little stiff what do you mean? Becuase I want a suspension that is stiff I don't want to be bouncing around every where..also are these good for some track use? I am mostly a street driver but I plan on taking to the track every once in a while. would they be good for that if I'm not a hardcore racer?

thanks guys! </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't expect to have a stock ride with these coilovers when lowered, but you definitely will not be 'bouncing around everywhere'. How much are these without installation???

so who says I go for world sport?! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless you can find similiar pricing on installed coilovers in the same class (which I doubt you can), you should go with this set up. And buy them now before someone else does.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (2000Ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000Ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I drove my friend's car today with the World Sports just so I could give you my opinion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so did you like them?!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:19 PM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (2000Ek)

I have the Apex WS on my car AND i used to have skunk2 coilovers on koni adjustables.

PROs of WS.
Full coilover setup
Height Adjustable
Suits your "BASIC" needs

CONs of WS.
No dampening
No pillow mount/upper cap

The koni yellows i had rocked.....damn stiff when the firmness was turned up. Only thing that sucks is coilovers usually rattle or make noise. My WS have never made noise.

MY VOTE is if you can afford something adjustable........GET IT. the WS's are not that stiff in my opinion. I'd probably recommend tanabe sustec pro or Tein super streets.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:48 PM

so did you like them?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought they were very good. Handled great and still had a decent ride.

They are a definite upgrade compared to my Skunk2 coilovers with stock shocks.

No squeaks, squeals, or noise at all.

Stable through long sweeping corners even when getting on or off the throttle
abruptly.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000Ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> How much are these without installation???

Originally Posted by 2000Ek
How much is the charge for the install? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, by the way, how much are they without the install; I might be interested in a set. Thanks. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good suspension, decent price.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:56 AM

Default Re: apex'i world sport suspension... (BlackHatchEddie)

Get em , you'll be happy.

Thats a great price installed too.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:19 AM

ordering them today!
Old 02-28-2004, 04:11 PM

Right on,

Damn......you ballin huh?

Quick Reply: apex'i world sport suspension...