Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Apexi N1 Suspension Upgrade-Great Service!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi N1 Suspension Upgrade-Great Service!

I just got off the phone with Dareen from Apexi USA...... Let me tell you this guy has gone above and beyond to satisfy my experience with apexi!!

I decided that the stock 11k/5k spring rates weren't to my liking so I just called him and told him I needed to order some stiffer springs. I'm sure someone has already gone over this before but they can get anything from 5k-20k in 8in or 9in custom springs. I was just going to go with some other springs made from Eibach but this guy made me a great deal that I couldn't pass up and the service is what made me buy them. I upgraded to 16k for the rear, yes it will be some crazy teeth shattering ride but I'm sure I can figure out a damper setup to make the ride almost bearable.

Darren also stated that he can start rebuilding 99spec-00spec N1 coilovers anytime now its just not completely finalized on prices yet but he said it will be reasonable. He is heading up the job of organizing the rebuilds and is ordering my springs from Japan by air and shipping to me at a very low cost!!! Apexi had the best servic eI have seen from a company in a while-even returns calls!
Old 03-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi N1 Suspension Upgrade-Great Service! (SOUNDEFFECTS)

sounds good. i'm also looking into this.

just curious, what coilovers do you have? are they for a civic or teg? i have 99 spec for an EK and i was told they are 12k/8k.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi N1 Suspension Upgrade-Great Service! (chainsaw)

For a while their customer service wasn't that great. Glad ot see a good name company live up to expectations.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi N1 Suspension Upgrade-Great Service! (Apex i ITR)

Sounds cool. I was gonna upgrade my TEINs to stiffer/shorter springs but they suggest that you get the shocks revalved....oh well. Let me know how those 16k springs ride in the rear when you get them
Old 03-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi N1 Suspension Upgrade-Great Service! (b16a ferio)

I have some Apexi N1 99 spec coilovers for an ITR. I even asked him if there was any problems with the pillowball mounts as I have heard there was. Darren said he wasn't aware of any but said if I ever had a problem he had a set of brand new mounts with my name on them.

The dampers were built to handle up to 20k but he did say that as in all "performance parts, the more you beat on them, the shorter they will last" I agree and told him that if I was going to buy good coilovers, I might as well get the most out of them!