Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Apex WS question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex WS question

i got my first fix it ticket today for my exhaust, so after i put the stock muffler back on and get it signed, i was thinking of tossing my loud muffler and getting the apex WS system. I have always heard it was a quiet system, but how quiet is it? compared to stock? would an officer pull me over for it if he was behind me at a red light and i accelerated normally? or would he pull me over for the look of the muffler?
Old 07-01-2002, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Apex WS question (deviant1)

It's a great system. It's louder than stock, don't believe those idiots that says it sounds stock or isn't notiecable. It's noticeable inside the car when accelerating and louder at WOT, but it's quiet compared to other aftermarket exhausts. Like I said before, the words "quiet" and "aftermarket exhaust" don't go together, I wish people would quit saying that ****. I painted mine flat black cause the muffler is shiny as hell when someone is behind you...the muffler LOOKS stock, but the 4" tip isn't very stock looking. It's pretty heavy, about the same as the OEM muffler, the dimensions are about the same too. It's quieter than a GReddy SP. Other exhausts probably make more power than the WS because the WS is chambered which is why it's so quiet...the WS isn't for guys who like max power and shift at 8,000rpm, it's too restrictive. But for low-end and midrange, it's a decent exhaust.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (Milano97)

nice reply mang!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Apex WS question (Milano97)

It's a great system. It's louder than stock, don't believe those idiots that says it sounds stock or isn't notiecable. It's noticeable inside the car when accelerating and louder at WOT, but it's quiet compared to other aftermarket exhausts. Like I said before, the words "quiet" and "aftermarket exhaust" don't go together, I wish people would quit saying that ****. I painted mine flat black cause the muffler is shiny as hell when someone is behind you...the muffler LOOKS stock, but the 4" tip isn't very stock looking. It's pretty heavy, about the same as the OEM muffler, the dimensions are about the same too. It's quieter than a GReddy SP. Other exhausts probably make more power than the WS because the WS is chambered which is why it's so quiet...the WS isn't for guys who like max power and shift at 8,000rpm, it's too restrictive. But for low-end and midrange, it's a decent exhaust.
I have to disagree with you. I've owned that thing and it is definatly as quiet as stock and many people have told me it is quieter then stock. But either way, it's not noticeable. Here is a picture of mine: It's kinda hard to see, but that's the way I wanted it. At night, you can not see it and during the day, a cop wouldn't pull you over for it. Hope that helps you!
Old 07-01-2002, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (94HybridEx)

i have an es oval in my hb. and my cousin has a ws in his 00 civic. if you want a quiet exhaust i would go for ws. im kinda dissappointed in my es. but if you dont want any ticket go for the ws. my cousin got pulled over for speeding and the officer wanted him to rev his engine. he revd it and the office asked him if he had some switch that made his exhaust quiet. ws
Old 07-01-2002, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Apex WS question (sohc93hatch)

quiet exhaust? How much different is the n1 vs. the ws? My N1 on my 99 Si is loud as all hell. The neighbors bitch because its loud and the old people tell me to get a muffler(go figure)

try a thermal r&d. .. my gf has it on her hx and its quiet, at least I think it is compared to mine but I also have headers and a b16
Old 07-01-2002, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (mjrage)

I went from Apex dunk to the WS. Wow! What a difference. The WS is very quiet. I too would compare it to stock. You can tell you have it, but not much. If you are listening to your stereo, you will not even notice it. No way the police will give you a ticket.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:22 PM

quiet exhaust? How much different is the n1 vs. the ws? My N1 on my 99 Si is loud as all hell. The neighbors bitch because its loud and the old people tell me to get a muffler(go figure)
same with me, I told them if they don't like it they can pitch their cash together and get me a silencer... that I won't use
Old 07-02-2002, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (Mrfirefox)

I have a WS on my 00 HB. You can't hear it over my intake. The only time you can really hear it is when you are slowing down. I also have a Thermal Stealth catback. I got it because it was supposed to be quiet. I was still a little too loud for me. If anyone is interested in it email me dwnthehatch@yahoo.com
Old 07-02-2002, 06:30 AM

I've had the WS exhaust on my hatch w/ a B18B for five days now and I love. You shouldn't get harassed for noise with it. My intake added a little volume, but it's subtle at cruising rpms. Since it is chambered you won't get the best flow, but the piping is a decent diam. so you could always change just the back section if you need more flow. This is my opinion. Hope it helps and good luck.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Apex WS question (g_man80)

I have a WS on my 95 hatch. It replaced the Thermal R&D classic exhaust I had on my Civic originally. The Thermal failed and rewarded me with a fix-it ticket. I like the WS very much. It is quiet (compared to other aftermarket exahusts) at idle and part throttle. Almost as quiet as the oem muffler. At full throttle it wakes up a bit and has a nice sport tone.

WS sound level (exactly what I wanted, I hate attention)
WS price (better than paying for fix-it tickets, I paid around $400)
WS fittment (I never had problems but others have reported some rubbing)
WS exhaust tip (too big)
Old 07-02-2002, 06:45 AM

try a thermal r&d. .. my gf has it on her hx and its quiet, at least I think it is compared to mine but I also have headers and a b16
True same as here.. But why cant u put Silencer on it and it wont make any noise.. Try and see what the different.. Dumb cop give the ticket for exhaust and I dont know why the domestic car have twin flowmaster exhaust.. It is loud and ugly farting noise and no cop give fix ticket for that.. COP are ***!!!!
Old 07-02-2002, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (JDM EX)

BUt i have one question that really hasn't been dicussed. How is the performance of the WS compared to say the greddy SP?
Old 07-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (95cx)

BUt i have one question that really hasn't been dicussed. How is the performance of the WS compared to say the greddy SP?
i wanna know to
Old 07-02-2002, 06:14 PM
New User

Default Re: Apex WS question (blkgti)

I had an Apexi WS. i still got tickets for it. Trust me, its pretty noticeable.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:35 PM
New User

My opinion. Very quiet. A little louder than the type R exhaust.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (Civikun1945)

performance??
Old 07-03-2002, 04:17 PM
New User

Default Re: Apex WS question (95cx)

about the tip, why dont u just cut it off?
Old 07-03-2002, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Apex WS question (Sucka Free)

i wanted the ws, i currently have the n1 and its too loud, too big and it hangs too low (i have a 93 civic si h/b), i ordered the ws 2 months ago and it is on back order, so i got tired of waiting and cancelled the order, and ordered the greddy sp, i dont want something that is as loud as the n1 but i dont want it to sound like stock, i hope i am happy with the sp
Old 07-04-2002, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex WS question (sc2o00)

cant you get the full catback ws system and cut off the muffler,weld on a es oval.