Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

APC projector lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APC projector lights

I am getting close to selling my '00 Civic and need to replace some items before I do. This is not an add to sell my civic in any way. I'm not interested in receiving responces with offers or anything, thanks.

On to the topic: I've got a pair of APC projector head lights (Generation II). I used xenon bulbs H4 and after about a year the filament in the lens of the high beams got cooked. These lenses are useless now as the filament is no longer a nice reflective mirror collor, but a charcoal mess.

I called APC to see if they sold any replacement lenses, and they said nope. I asked where they got them and was told that they got um from Taiwan and wouldn't give me a phone number claiming that they didn't speak english. Granted, that may be true, but i'm sure there is a way to comunicate with them, I mean APC has to have a way of ordering them.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here ever had the same problem and if so what they did about it. I don't realy want to invest another 250 on a car that I'm going to sell. Thanks

Old 01-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: APC projector lights (pipsisewa)

did you keep your stock headlights?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: APC projector lights (MikeD718)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeD718 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you keep your stock headlights?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I moved up to Indianapolis from Orlando about a year and a half ago, and have not settled into a place large enough for all my stuff. So most of what I own, including old stock parts are in a box somewhere in my storage unit. I did give some stock parts away to a honda shop that had helped me out with some repairs, but I don't know if those parts included the headlights. If I can't find my stock headlamps, nor replacement lenses, then I will most likely have to buy a new set of projectors, which I really don't want to do, as I'm not going to keep the car much longer, and I've already thrown about 5-6k into this car in the 4 years that I've had it. I really love my honda, but I love my Rx-7 more and I just got a '01 Mitsubishi Montero Limitted, so can't justify having 3 car payments and insurance payments for just myself.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Bounty - € 8,000,000

Default Re: APC projector lights (pipsisewa)

as soon as I saw APC, I knew something went wrong. Let that be a lesson to you.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: APC projector lights (acuracrombie82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acuracrombie82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as soon as I saw APC, I knew something went wrong. Let that be a lesson to you. </TD></TR></TABLE>
APC actually doesn't make the lenses for these headlights, and the bulbs that came with them were not halogens so weren't quite as hot. It's my own fault that these burned, as I replaced the junk bulbs with nice halogens, but yes APC should atleast choose a higher quality manufacture of these lenses. They should know that anyone who buys those projectors is going to put halogen bulbs in there.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:39 AM

Why don't you spend close to $70 dollars on some stock headlights? You don't have to buy another set of projectors.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Dasani)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dasani &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why don't you spend close to $70 dollars on some stock headlights? You don't have to buy another set of projectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, you should be able to score some stock lights (from some ricer who bought projectors) for around ~$50