Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

apc clear corner issue - wth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apc clear corner issue - wth?

so with the denji projectors i have, the stock corners looked kinda crappy. so i bought a pair of APC clear corners, and they look pretty tight.

after i installed 'em, they worked great - for about 6 hours. i turned the car on, turned the lights on - both turn signals came on! i was like, wtf. all four signals were on, a steady headlight-on, and even a not-very-mechanically-person like me knows that's generally a bad idea.

so i unplugged the front signals, and the signal click was about twice as fast as normal, but at least the rear signals worked.

so what the heck? were the APCs a bad idea? and most importantly, how do i fix it?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How'd you expletive up your wiring when you were just putting in an aftermarket plastic lens?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

omg, did you hit the hazard button when you were installing them? I just gotta ask.

Otherwise, you really shouldn't have needed to do ANYTHING with the wiring, when replacing your OEM corners with clear corners. What did you do that may have caused this?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackoutVTi)

hey, if i could figure out what i did to screw it up, i'd fix it...

step 1: pull out stock corners.
step 2: unplug bulb assembly.
step 3: replace stock bulb with amber bulb.
step 4: plug bulb back into APC corner, replace.

that's all i did. i didn't d1ck around with the wiring or any crap like that, which is why i was kinda confused when they came on and stayed on.

note: they're a constant on when the headlights are on. otherwise, they work fine. and no i didn't hit the hazard when i was installing them.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ender_ej1)

I'm just going off your description, but did you replace the bulb with another 1157? You may not have the proper bulb in there, and it could be worth it to double check. It's tough to really have a plan when troubleshooting a random electrical problem like this. Usually, for me, it's just guess and check. So you say that when you turn on your headlights, the front signals and rear signals all just start flashing?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 AM
* B A N N E D *

when the headlights are on the corner lights should come on as well...... and then when you engage the turn signal the corner light should light up slightly more for almost a second.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah the bulb that came with the corners wasn't exactly the same as the stock one. maybe that's the problem...

no, when i turn on the headlights, the turn signals come on a constant-on - like the headlights. all four, just shining away. then they work just fine (ie, flip the turn signal on the steering column) when you turn the headlights off.

edit: akunamatta - they came on but i don't think they lit up like a turn signal...i'll go check.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So the rear signals stay at a constant glow as well? That's strange. Because I know that the front signals are supposed to come to a steady glow when the headlights are on for 92-92 civics.

Are you able to just use your factory bulb harnesses and bulbs with these? Because if so, OEM would be the way to go here.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, the stock bulbs are clear, and the APC bulbs are amber. so maybe i'll look for some 1157s that are amber. or something.

and i just checked, there's no hint of any on-off or normal signaling or anything when the headlights, and thus all four signals, are on. back to OEM lights.

thanks for help
Old 06-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

please delete this, this is so retarded...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VTEC IS UR BEST FRIEND)

He needed help with an embarrassing lighting issue, and it just looked like he needed a little guess and check to fix it. Any APC product isn't my personal taste because of their quality (ie: a problem with simple stuff such as corners), but that post wasn't helpful in the least, dude.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VTEC IS UR BEST FRIEND)

hey, thanks for your helpful input. moron.

at least i will admit there's alot of stuff i don't know, and don't pretend to know. stupid turn signals not working is one of those things that i don't know about.

which is why 30 minutes of my day getting a little advice isn't too much to ask, except idiots like you jump in, and now i have to waste my breath on you.

if someone had encountered this problem before, and told me "oh yeah, i had that problem, just do such-and-such-and-such," then it would have been totally worth my half an hour. as it is, it can probably be fixed by replacing the light bulb, which i would have come around to eventually, H-T just got me there a little quicker. still worth my half-hour.