Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone use these seats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use these seats?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...sting

I was thinking of getting these for my civic cx right now to kinda do an interior project and get a clean interior, what does everyone think of these or have any experience with these?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They look ok, but it really depends on the materials that were used to make the seats, as far as how good the wrap was, and how good the padding will hold up. And that company pretty much states clearly its a as is sale.If you want seats get good factory seats del sol seats are pretty nice and have a sporty feel and if u want a clean look gs-r leathers are realy nice, or if possible money wise go with name brand seats aka sparco,corb,momo,recaro etc....

overall i wouldnt get them.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Anyone use these seats? (T3T495GSR)

yeah i got a guy that has mint 01 gsr leather seats for 350 with sliders but i am having trouble finding ways to get the rear seats to fit and i would want to do the whole package. you know?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well depends if you like ripped seats and worn out material
Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use these seats? (deerman2701)

I'll bet the leather they use is of higher quality than the RSX-S seats, so I say go for it
Old 09-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T3T495GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i got a guy that has mint 01 gsr leather seats for 350 with sliders but i am having trouble finding ways to get the rear seats to fit and i would want to do the whole package. you know?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, when I was in the market for seats, I looked at those, and I chose a pair of Netami seats over them. Above all, I would say that if performance seats are what you're looking for, do not waste your time with the leather ones. Compared with any sport seat, they don't hold you in worth a damn. Trust me, I know. In terms of racing seats, the things I'd look for in quality would be:

Depth of the seat and backrest

How aggressively the shoulder and seat side bolsters are raised from the center

The relation of the "butt portion" to the "lower thigh portion"
-That last one up there is important for holding the driver in the seat while stopping. (Yes, seat belts do the same, but you want a seat so it holds you in, in every way) I've noticed that with some of the seats you see on eBay, you'll find that the entire seat portion is totally flat and cheap looking. What you would want for a more comfortable, secure ride would be a sunken spot for the butt, and a raised, rounded off portion to fit the...contours, and support the lower thighs.

But most importantly I've found that the material that makes up the surface of the seats is crucial. Though leather can look better, a breathable fabric is imperitive to the driver's comfort while driving. If I could take back getting my pair of leather seats I would, because they don't breathe worth ****, I have no A/C and my back sweats really bad in the car on hot days.

I say you should get some good name-brand seats (quality's important so the cushioning does not wear like hell), with a good deep center, and nice (not overly-aggressive) side bolsters. Most importantly, make sure that the seat looks like it'll be comfortable for you and your driving style.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Type R or not, it looks comfortable.
I really dont care about knockoffs, i got knockoff ebay race seats (I confess) and they are comfortable as hell, and work well with 4-point belts for autocross
If they rip or tear, get them re-upholstered at a shop or something
Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Anyone use these seats? (BlackoutVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, when I was in the market for seats, I looked at those, and I chose a pair of Netami seats over them. Above all, I would say that if performance seats are what you're looking for, do not waste your time with the leather ones. Compared with any sport seat, they don't hold you in worth a damn. Trust me, I know. In terms of racing seats, the things I'd look for in quality would be:

Depth of the seat and backrest

How aggressively the shoulder and seat side bolsters are raised from the center

The relation of the "butt portion" to the "lower thigh portion"
-That last one up there is important for holding the driver in the seat while stopping. (Yes, seat belts do the same, but you want a seat so it holds you in, in every way) I've noticed that with some of the seats you see on eBay, you'll find that the entire seat portion is totally flat and cheap looking. What you would want for a more comfortable, secure ride would be a sunken spot for the butt, and a raised, rounded off portion to fit the...contours, and support the lower thighs.

But most importantly I've found that the material that makes up the surface of the seats is crucial. Though leather can look better, a breathable fabric is imperitive to the driver's comfort while driving. If I could take back getting my pair of leather seats I would, because they don't breathe worth ****, I have no A/C and my back sweats really bad in the car on hot days.

I say you should get some good name-brand seats (quality's important so the cushioning does not wear like hell), with a good deep center, and nice (not overly-aggressive) side bolsters. Most importantly, make sure that the seat looks like it'll be comfortable for you and your driving style. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, thats some good advice. Thank you for taking the time to write all that. So how about Type R seats? are those good?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, I try to be helpful with things I have experience with.

Real Type R recaros? Those can be pricey, but I haven't ever heard bad things. The side bolsters look like they'd hold you in, that's good. The bottom is kind of flat, but it's got a good incline to it to make up for that. They could be a good choice. Either way, I would say if you've got the money, you should definitely get them.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use these seats? (BlackoutVTi)

I wanna go cheap with my seats too but those seem too cheap
I was lookin at the memoryfabs or buddy clubs...
Like those memoryfabs wit the redness for 400
http://www.memoryfab.com/produ...2.jpg
very nice