Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/anyone-up-korbach-frame-locks-groupbuy-998364/)

JamesQ 09-21-2004 12:43 PM

Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy??

As many of you know, recently a bunch of post has popped up about the Korbach Frame locks for 96-00 Civics. While each of the reviews I've read has been praising the product, the relative price with a product has made it too expensive for me and many others. So I pmed one of the guys from Korbach asking if a lower price is possible.

"JamesQ (5:46 AM 9/21/2004): I was wondering if it's possible to purchase these for a lower price?
Solid_Ride (8:06 PM 9/21/2004): We have a prom price of $ 195. regular is $ 245.

We can not flex on the price. I am really sorry. But we would do group buy for 20 % for 5 units or more.

David"

I hope this means if we're able to get 5 buyers from the forum, that it'll be 20% off making it 195 - 39 = 156. For $156, the price don't seem too bad to me so I was wondering would anyone else be interested.

Modified by JamesQ at 9:59 PM 9/21/2004

Seanith 09-25-2004 09:48 AM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (JamesQ)

Just want to add some fuel to the fire. I set up the first Korbach groupbuy (just happened to be the first Canadian one too!) and it went wonderfully! These guys are a pleasure to work with. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

00Red_SiR 09-25-2004 10:45 AM

count me in on the group buy! for sure.

BJOnewiper 09-25-2004 11:08 AM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (00Red_SiR)

I'm interested as well. You should organize it.

Draggin99Si 09-25-2004 08:33 PM

Count me in!

Farmer Brown 09-25-2004 08:38 PM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (Draggin99Si)

I'm strongly considering it. Also have THE RING payment to keep in mind here soon. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif

SOHC4life 96 09-25-2004 08:49 PM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (Djaric)

Damn it to hell! I need a job. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emsad.gif I would be down for sure if I had the money. *runs away swinging arms crying like a baby*

JamesQ 09-25-2004 09:20 PM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (DOHC4life)

Wow thanks for that first bump, really brought the thread back to life lol.

David told me to email him at manager@korbachperformance.com to set up the details with the groupbuy. He also noted that the offer might change in the future so I guess he was hinting me to set it up as soon as I can.

Potential buyers so far
00Red_SiR
bjo
Draggin99Si
Djaric
and me, JamesQ

Well that's the 5 that we'll need for this groupbuy but if anyone wants to jump in on this, do so for the benefit of your wallet since regular price is $195.

I'll email David now and direct him to this link. Then i'll ask for payment options and make a final check of whose in to be sure we have 5. Never actual set up a group buy before so if there's anything I should/shouldnt do, just say it guys.

Farmer Brown 09-25-2004 09:31 PM

Actually the price is $195 till the end of October. Then it goes up to $245.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emsad.gif

Here's a question.. Are you forsure the 20% is on the $195 and not the $245?

Modified by Djaric at 10:45 AM 9/28/2004

cappa 09-25-2004 09:36 PM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy??

Is that shipped also? for the $156.00 If so count me in also.

NXSpoon 09-26-2004 12:25 AM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (cappa)

Count me in for $156 !!

JamesQ 09-26-2004 12:44 AM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (Djaric)

actually good point, emailing him now to make sure and to inquire about shipping.

Draggin99Si 09-26-2004 04:16 AM

Let me know when this shit goes down!! http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/im...lies/exnbp.gif

I'll be ready to buy in about 2 weeks.

JamesQ 09-26-2004 10:53 AM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (Draggin99Si)

Ok guys, I just got a email back from Jake from KorbachPerformance. The price is officially $156 but I'm pretty sure that is without shipping. Shipping on their website is listed at 15 dollars extra so that would make the total $171 which makes it a little less warmer but still a relative good price compared to MSRP and the current promotion offer now. I'll pm each of the people that stated their interest to this thread when i receive instructions from Jake later. Below is the email about the price.

-James

Thanks.

For now, the Group Buy price is $ 156 which is 20% off the $ 195
promotional price.

We recognize that the 20 % Group Buy discount is a significant
discount. We are offering that now in order to promote and get our
product out before winter. In the near future the group buy discount
will likely be less than 20%.

Thank you for organizing this for your friends. I hope they
appreciate it.

Jake Lee
Körbach Performance
?Building the Perfect Ride?
http://www.korbachperformance.com

Solscud007 09-26-2004 02:02 PM

I am interested in the frame locks.

00Red_SiR 09-26-2004 02:03 PM

That's cool. I'm probably the only one who's in Canada out of this group buy so do you think my shipping will be more?

JamesQ 09-26-2004 04:57 PM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (HTechBB)

Alright here were the instructions Jake gave me for the groupbuy. PLEASE NOTE, members from California WILL have to pay tax. Imma ask Jake if we can do pick ups for people from the Bay.

Instructions
• Organizer of the group buy shall send email to manager@korbachperformance.com
o Information to include:
 First and Last names of those participating in the group buy
 Their emails and phone #’s
• Participants of group buys shall
o Purchase through web site http://www.korbachperformance.com
o Make purchases within 5 days of all other participants. After 5 days has lapsed, no one else can participate in this group buy
o Make a special note in the comments section of the purchase link of this group buy and the name of the Organizer.
• Korbach Performance shall:
o Credit participant’s credit card account of Pay Pal account by $ 36 once all 5 orders are in.
• Participants of group buys in good faith shall
o Post a short review (3-5 sentences are fine) on popular web sites
o In particular we would like reviews on Honda-Tech.com’s Civic & ITR forum and also Clubcivic.com. We would greatly appreciate getting the truth out on our product. We want to emphasize that we only want honest reviews. We are not looking for people to exaggerate performance. Thanks!

Basically says we all need to purchase the frame locks within 5 days of the first order, so I need to make sure that we got at least 5 buyers. I'll try to ask Jake what will happen if one of the buyer needs a little additional time since some people might need more time. I also asked him how come we only receive back $36 instead of the $39 (195-156 = 39), so I hink im pretty much set to begin the Groupbuy after Jake answers me back. Ohh yea and I also inquired about shipping to Canada, just waiting for the answer. On a side note, Jake's been very helpful answering his emails pretty dam quick.

BLUE EH3 09-26-2004 09:05 PM

what is a frame loc?

JamesQ 09-26-2004 09:10 PM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (BLUE EH3)

search "Korbach" on the forum

also, Jake has replied to me. It will be 39 dollars credited back to your Paypal account after 5 buyers has purchased it. Now I'll pm you guys and put the names people actually buying the frame locks to be sure we have 5.

JamesQ 09-27-2004 08:39 AM

Anyone local can pick these up from Hayward taking off 10 dollars of the shipping cost. That would make 156+5+Tax = 173 total. I'm planning to pick mines up so if anyone needs me to pick it up, and if your from SF or Berk, I can come drop it off or something if you trust me lol.

RedRum206 09-27-2004 08:21 PM

I'm in for the group buy, is it too late? If not sign me up! Alex Hur, alexhur55@hotmail.com, (206) 383-3131!

JamesQ 09-27-2004 09:06 PM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (RedRum206)

Ok the list I got so far is

JamesQ - Good to go
NXSpoon - Good to go, can submit payment Friday or Sat
Solscud007 - Good to go
00Red_SiR - Good to go
RedRum206
HypeR0070 - Good to go

I know I said we'll start next monday but the one of the initial buyers couldn't go through so we're ready to order now. Got the 5 that we needed I'll pm each of you guys to make sure your still in and to see if everyone is ok with ordering this week.

Modified by JamesQ at 7:12 AM 9/28/2004

Modified by JamesQ at 7:21 AM 9/28/2004

Modified by JamesQ at 10:48 AM 9/28/2004

HypeR0070 09-27-2004 09:14 PM

Is it too late? PMed ya. I'm interested in making this purchase.

JamesQ 09-28-2004 02:38 AM

Re: Anyone up for a Korbach Frame Locks Groupbuy?? (HypeR0070)

nope definately not too late. The groupbuy has officially started, so if anyone else wants to purchase this, pm me asap so I can add your info and give it to Jake.

Em1guy 09-28-2004 06:13 AM

i'm in send me some info