Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone with a turbo 96-2000 civic.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with a turbo 96-2000 civic.....

Hey people,

I am doing a swap into my car. I had a stock d16Y7 motor in my 1996 civic hatch dx, and i am putting a gsr turbo into it. The question i have is for anyone that has a turbo ek hatch, what bends and how much of each bend did you need for your intercooler piping. I have an 18g which shouldn't make too much of a difference, btw, i have a log style exhaust manifold. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone with a turbo 96-2000 civic..... (Ramma)

you should do more research before the swap and turbo...my 2cent
Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone with a turbo 96-2000 civic..... (VRD^sam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VRD^sam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should do more research before the swap and turbo...my 2cent</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just because he doesn't know how much of each piping and each degree bend doesn't mean he hasn't done his research .

@ OP:
Just look at pictures of turbocharged cars and make educated guesses, buy piping kit from an H-T member - or go on ebay and buy a pipe kit (a turbo pipe is a turbo pipe, when it comes to piping the ones on ebay are the same - don't go there for other stuff though - such as turbos or turbo manis).
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love H-T members that are so lazy and unhelpful that all they do is hit the reply button and then type "research". Thanks bro, thats the exact answer i needed, because you kno, i haven't researched enough about the motor, and turbo, and hondata, and all of that. Just had a simple question, but thanks for being a douche.

Syndacate, thanks, but some of the stuff on ebay looks really cheap. It's little aluminum piping, like 2 inch, that has a cheap shiny finish to it. I'm ordering the piping from JCWhitney because they have loads of mandrel bent piping, i just need to order the right bends and the right amount. I guess I might just go with the guess and check theory. Thanks man.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you swapping a GSR motor and turbo into your hatch? Or are you swapping a GSR turbo kit into your dx motor? If so the kit will not fit your car. If your doing the swap then just buy a intercooler piping kit, or have someone make one for you. There are plenty of people in CT that know what they are doing.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ramma)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ramma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love H-T members that are so lazy and unhelpful that all they do is hit the reply button and then type "research". Thanks bro, thats the exact answer i needed, because you kno, i haven't researched enough about the motor, and turbo, and hondata, and all of that. Just had a simple question, but thanks for being a douche.

Syndacate, thanks, but some of the stuff on ebay looks really cheap. It's little aluminum piping, like 2 inch, that has a cheap shiny finish to it. I'm ordering the piping from JCWhitney because they have loads of mandrel bent piping, i just need to order the right bends and the right amount. I guess I might just go with the guess and check theory. Thanks man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear you man!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: (Ramma)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ramma &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love H-T members that are so lazy and unhelpful that all they do is hit the reply button and then type "research". Thanks bro, thats the exact answer i needed, because you kno, i haven't researched enough about the motor, and turbo, and hondata, and all of that. Just had a simple question, but thanks for being a douche.

Syndacate, thanks, but some of the stuff on ebay looks really cheap. It's little aluminum piping, like 2 inch, that has a cheap shiny finish to it. I'm ordering the piping from JCWhitney because they have loads of mandrel bent piping, i just need to order the right bends and the right amount. I guess I might just go with the guess and check theory. Thanks man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hear ya too...good luck wit that