Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum?

im just seeing a lot more posts for the 7th gen civic and thought it might be beneficial to move their posts to their own forum.

i think it would help them in searches, and to find information about their cars, sense their cars are so much different.

if u would support this post up on hear, and lets see what we can get done.

Modified by bmcc72 at 9:49 AM 12/7/2003
Old 12-05-2003, 05:51 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum? (bmcc72)

There is always http://www.7thgencivic.com . . . I don't think there are enough G7 owners here to warrant an entire new forum.

7th-gen Civics don't get much attention here because they are not really tuner-friendly.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally dont own one, but i do think it would be a good idea, b/c their post probaly get over run by EG and EK's. That would be very helpful to them i think.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum? (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">7th-gen Civics don't get much attention here because they are not really tuner-friendly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats why i think they should have their own section hear on honda-tech. i bet they would get alot more help if they didn;t have to soart threw all this EG/EK stuff. keep this going if u agree. i mean we started an RSX forum on hear when they stoped the integra but the RSX is the newer intergra. well the 7th gen civic is a whole new breed. almost a new car.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum? (bmcc72)

I don't think there are enough 7th gen owners on this site for that forum. Plus we already have a too many forums in the first place.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:13 AM

Default Re: anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think there are enough 7th gen owners on this site for that forum. Plus we already have a too many forums in the first place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

let honda-tech grow!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think there are enough 7th gen owners on this site for that forum. Plus we already have a too many forums in the first place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe because we offer them nothing. if we had a forum for them they would come.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:24 AM

maybe because we offer them nothing. if we had a forum for them they would come.[/QUOTE]

good point! EK and EG arent gonna be in the spot light forever, 7th gen is the new civic and we will have to grow off of them one day. honda-tech needs to attrct 7th gen civics
Old 12-05-2003, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum? (SleepnCiViC)

come on guys lets get this going, we need people to sign, like a petition so this actually gets done. from what i hear its going to take a lot of convincing to get this done. the site owners/administrators think we have to many different forums already, lets get this added for our fellow civic owners, and to clean our forum up.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

YES I THIS THERE SHOULD BE
Old 12-05-2003, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OoHiTzToMMy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OoHiTzToMMy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YES I THIS THERE SHOULD BE</TD></TR></TABLE>

say what?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmcc72)

Good idea, a seperate forum for 7th generation
Old 12-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HATCHingMN)

spread the word and lets get some more signatures on hear.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:30 PM

Default Re: (bmcc72)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmcc72 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">spread the word and lets get some more signatures on hear.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Learn english and you might get better results.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18cEK)

non 7gen owner agrees
Old 12-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OoHiTzToMMy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OoHiTzToMMy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YES I THIS THERE SHOULD BE</TD></TR></TABLE> Yoda ,,,hah........on topic , yeah I think there definitely should be a separate forum, however the rsx forum should suffice you if you dont find what you want here. btw who says the k20 is'nt tuner friendly?............John
Old 12-07-2003, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22John)

only prob with the RSX forum is they have nothing about the civic DX and EX models. and suspension parts would differ from car to car.

sorry man i only know bad English. thats why ill have a secretary.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:19 AM
be professional

Default Re: (h22John)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22John &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">btw who says the k20 is'nt tuner friendly?............John</TD></TR></TABLE>
The K20 is plenty tuner-friendly, but the D17 sure isn't.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Re: (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The K20 is plenty tuner-friendly, but the D17 sure isn't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Gotta love (hate) the returnless fuel system. You can't even switch over a better intake manifold.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Draco)

I'm all for a 7th gen civic forum. Then again, I'm also all for a noob forum that trial members are relegated to for their tenure as noobies. It would be a "no flaming zone" where you only go if you intend to help someone...I think it would help the noobies who are worthwhile to acclimate faster and it would siphon out many of the ****.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm all for a 7th gen civic forum. Then again, I'm also all for a noob forum that trial members are relegated to for their tenure as noobies. It would be a "no flaming zone" where you only go if you intend to help someone...I think it would help the noobies who are worthwhile to acclimate faster and it would siphon out many of the ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That thing about the nOObs is a great idea....outstanding.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SleepnCiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepnCiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i personally dont own one, but i do think it would be a good idea, b/c their post probaly get over run by EG and EK's. That would be very helpful to them i think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

...exactly what i was thinking

i was also wondering why tegs and tegRs each have their own forum
Old 12-07-2003, 11:57 AM
be professional

Default Re: (FlatBrokeHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FlatBrokeHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was also wondering why tegs and tegRs each have their own forum </TD></TR></TABLE>
In case you hadn't realized, the Honda-Tech ITR forum is the single most active forum for ITRs on the internet. Just take a look at the thread/post counts. It has the 2nd highest post count on this site, after Classifieds.

Contrast that to the amount of posts about 7th-gen Civics . . . of which I have seen very few since their introduction over 3 years ago.

Like I said, http://www.7thgencivic.com is the best resource for 7th-gen owners. There simply aren't enough 7th-gen owners on H-T, nor is there enough interest in them, to make a separate forum necessary.

If I am wrong and there are 7th-gen owners on this site who want to be heard, they certainly aren't speaking up.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
In case you hadn't realized, the Honda-Tech ITR forum is the single most active forum for ITRs on the internet. Just take a look at the thread/post counts. It has the 2nd highest post count on this site, after Classifieds.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats why i was WONDERING...thanx for making me realize that
Old 12-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

their are a few on hear. but we offer them nothing so why would they come to our site. why not give them a reason to come hear

also they are posting around in other forums on this site like lost sheep. if their was a 7th gen forum then there answers would be easily found.

thing is i went through the NSX forum the other day. and most of the posts were i want this car, or check this NSX out. people posting in their that don't even own an NSX. so if we have a forum for that which had 222 topics when i checked it this morning why not have a 7th gen forum. i think it would get more than 222 topics. and the 7th gen is the future, if we get the research on honda-tech before others we can be a pioneer.

Quick Reply: anyone think we should move the 7th gen civic to its own forum?