Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone ran Greddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit with Intercooler and 3" piping with no Internal Upgrades??!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ran Greddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit with Intercooler and 3" piping with no Internal Upgrades??!?!?

Anyone ran Greddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit with Intercooler and 3" piping with no Internal Upgrades??!?!?

bascially i want a good boost but don't want to go crazy with internal upgrades, I want to run 7psi but not sure if my engine can handle it, a b16a2. thanx alot. lemme kno wut u guys have done to take extra precaution when runnin these extra boost. thanx!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:05 AM
95DxSi-R2

Default Re: Anyone ran Greddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit with Intercooler and 3" piping with no Internal Upgrades??!?

holy **** batman...3"......go 2" or 2.25"
Old 02-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone ran Greddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit with Intercooler and 3" piping with no Internal Upgrades??!?

The engine will handle it fine, but I strongly urge you to invest in proper tuning, to extract the most power and reliability from the setup.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The internals can handle about 250whp before they become unreliable, so have fun.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The engine will handle it fine, but I strongly urge you to invest in proper tuning, to extract the most power and reliability from the setup. </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 02-24-2007, 08:41 AM

250WHP, wow, that is like.... 9.... 10 PSI?? well i was considering chaning my waterpump,timing belt at the same time as the installation and adding a under pulley kit. but then also though about putting a metal head gasket to higher the compression to maybe add anopther 2lbs of boost . so i can maybe run 9-10PSI. what do u guys recommend? Oh yeaa. also. its my first turbo project. me and some friends gonna install it ourselfs and have it tuned later, i askd sum shop how much is installation they said $950 and it takes 15 hours, i was like. WTF? what is a decent price? thanx alot guys
Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 AM

yeah 950 dollars for a turbo kit is about right but if your capable no one in there right mind should pay that.

take into consideration good shop time is about 80 an hour
Old 02-24-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: (vtecftw)

Can it be selfinstall then driven to tune shop and get it tuned?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (djeclipzjv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djeclipzjv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can it be selfinstall then driven to tune shop and get it tuned?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djeclipzjv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can it be selfinstall then driven to tune shop and get it tuned?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would advise a base map since you are going with bigger injectors, I hope. Call the person tuning or contact member 'mtber' here on ht. They can burn you a base map. DO NOT take it into boost with this basemap.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djeclipzjv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">250WHP, wow, that is like.... 9.... 10 PSI?? well i was considering chaning my waterpump,timing belt at the same time as the installation and adding a under pulley kit. but then also though about putting a metal head gasket to higher the compression to maybe add anopther 2lbs of boost . so i can maybe run 9-10PSI. what do u guys recommend? Oh yeaa. also. its my first turbo project. me and some friends gonna install it ourselfs and have it tuned later, i askd sum shop how much is installation they said $950 and it takes 15 hours, i was like. WTF? what is a decent price? thanx alot guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

You cant say 10 psi is 250whp. Too many variables. Like a t25 will produce way less power at the same psi, compared to like a gt42r. Go into the tune with a power goal. Not how much boost I am running.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

btw u want lower compression for turbo
Old 02-24-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: (Andyroo)

sorry, was kinda confuse bout the compression. but. the greddy both ono kit comes with a E-manage. the total kit with intercooler, digi boost control, autotimer,gauges, and some other little accesorries including a Greddy BOV, i found a good price for the whole package for like 3000 thats with sum discount offered and sum other stuff. but anyways, that had nothing to do wit it. like i was saying. the E-manage is a piggibak, so.. does the car still need proper tuning? and do i need the whole new map from the mtb sumtin guy/ thanx alot for the support guys
Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DxSi-R2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">holy **** batman...3"......go 2" or 2.25"</TD></TR></TABLE>

what? are you saying 2 is better than 3?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djeclipzjv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry, was kinda confuse bout the compression. but. the greddy both ono kit comes with a E-manage. the total kit with intercooler, digi boost control, autotimer,gauges, and some other little accesorries including a Greddy BOV, i found a good price for the whole package for like 3000 thats with sum discount offered and sum other stuff. but anyways, that had nothing to do wit it. like i was saying. the E-manage is a piggibak, so.. does the car still need proper tuning? and do i need the whole new map from the mtb sumtin guy/ thanx alot for the support guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes you sould get the proper tuning! gl
Old 02-24-2007, 12:15 PM
SlowCivic29

for safety i would install emanage before u drive it to a tuner... the extra work would give me piece of mind.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: (SlowCivic29)

is the e-manage basically plug and play? and also. i herd , don't kno if tru, are turbonetic turbo's bettr then Greddy ingeneral? in term of lag time/spool time?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Andyroo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andyroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">btw u want lower compression for turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't listen to this guy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djeclipzjv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the e-manage basically plug and play? and also. i herd , don't kno if tru, are turbonetic turbo's bettr then Greddy ingeneral? in term of lag time/spool time?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well it depends on the size really, but if you get a ball bearing it will obviously spool faster.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cambopheonix56)

i was told you can run as high as 320 on stock b16a2 internals with good tune of course
Old 02-24-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: (mikeycivic)

320 WHP? no way, i doubt it, ur pistons and rod would probably give up in a week or two.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nope you can easily get 320 on stock b16a2 internals with good tune!! I know people with daily drivers
Old 02-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikeycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was told you can run as high as 320 on stock b16a2 internals with good tune of course</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikeycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope you can easily get 320 on stock b16a2 internals with good tune!! I know people with daily drivers </TD></TR></TABLE>

You just counterdicted yourself. After 250whp, it will become unreliable.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DxSi-R2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">holy **** batman...3"......go 2" or 2.25"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope you were kidding.

7 psi on stock B16 internals will be fine.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djeclipzjv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">320 WHP? no way, i doubt it, ur pistons and rod would probably give up in a week or two. </TD></TR></TABLE>

There is no reason why you could not hold that power with a good tune.

This was the wrong place to ask this question, since it seems like only a handful of people in this thread are actually giving accurate information.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cambopheonix56)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cambopheonix56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You just counterdicted yourself. After 250whp, it will become unreliable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No contradiction, I know people that have daily driver with 300 + HP and it is NOT unreliable over 250. Get a good tune !!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:10 PM
* B A N N E D *

soooooooooo much bad info on this site expletive, almost engough for me to stop replying to other peoples threads................

i run a similar setup on a d16z6 its good, i like it, also at 7 psi

i run the greddy cast manifold, the mitsu turbo 15g, dsm 450's, p28 crome, apexi t timer, and some guages ran me under 500 bucks pieaced to gether

sx engineering intercooler and 3 inch piping,

it is completley fine on a stock motor, god wh re theyre so many ricers on this forumn?

syndicate knows nothing neither does his butt buddy ricerkidafi or w/e his goat rape name is, androo leave
Old 02-25-2007, 01:20 PM

on a good tune, on stock internals, you can run no more than 9-10psi without any problems. talk to the guys in the forced induction forum they can tell u more. ive been running 6-10psi on stock internals for a while and its still running fine.

Quick Reply: Anyone ran Greddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit with Intercooler and 3" piping with no Internal Upgrades??!?!?