Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone painted their wheelcovers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone painted their wheelcovers?

Hey all; I know, it's a wussy idea but I really hate the plastic looking wheelcovers that came with my car and I don't really have the $$s to get nicer ones or even nicer wheels (yet). Considering a can of spray paint is $5, I thought that might be a way to make them look a little better. I was thinking of either a darker silver or grey. I'm not trying to do anything goofy like mimmick gunmetal rims , just trying to cover plastic with paint. Has anyone done this? Pics?

Greg

(the car is a Purple '99 Hatch)
Old 07-11-2003, 07:01 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone painted their wheelcovers? (Horatio)

I've seen many hub caps painted. To me it is very ricey, but sometimes it does not look half bad. I would recommend many light coats. Gray, or a metalic looks pretty good IMHO.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rather not unless your caps are scratched or something like that.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone painted their wheelcovers? (B2FiNiTY)

how about chrome look spray paint lol

really though, please don't do this. A rim cover is a rim cover and will always look kinda shity. Just wait, that 5 dollars you saved from not ruining your wheel covers can go toward a nice set of lightweight rims and tires! or maybe a big mac....

don't do it.

-Sketch
Old 07-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone painted their wheelcovers? (Sketch_hs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sketch_hs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about chrome look spray paint lol

really though, please don't do this. A rim cover is a rim cover and will always look kinda shity. Just wait, that 5 dollars you saved from not ruining your wheel covers can go toward a nice set of lightweight rims and tires! or maybe a big mac....

don't do it.

-Sketch</TD></TR></TABLE>

My thoughts exactly. Just save up for some Rotas or something cheap, you'll be much happier
Old 07-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone painted their wheelcovers? (Sketch_hs)

they've got this great looking red or blue annodized looking stuff that I was thinking would look pretty sharp...heheh

Seriously though...painted covers look that bad, huh? What colours are the ones you guys/gals have seen? Like I say, I'm not trying to make them look expensive or even nice, really, just trying to cover up that shiny Honda plastic that I've hated since the day we got the car.

And new wheels are WAY outta the question unless we're talkin used black steelies. If I could afford nice new wheels like you guys are talking in the next couple of years, I wouldn't have asked in the first place.

Good to have opinions, though. Keep 'em coming!

Greg
Old 07-11-2003, 09:58 AM
BLAP BLAP!!!

if you are actually thinking about painting hub caps man... take that $15 and buy some beers and forget you even thought about doing that.....
Old 07-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone painted their wheelcovers? (BLAP BLAP!!!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLAP BLAP!!! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you are actually thinking about painting hub caps man... take that $15 and buy some beers and forget you even thought about doing that..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

hey numbskull..he only has $5...not $15..geez, he's not that rich..i suggest you take the wheels off completely if you don't like the hubcaps..the rotors will look dope throwing sparks along the asphalt..
Old 07-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

QUOTE: Seriously though...painted covers look that bad, huh? What colours are the ones you guys/gals have seen? Like I say, I'm not trying to make them look expensive or even nice, really, just trying to cover up that shiny Honda plastic that I've hated since the day we got the car. QUOTE

My friends little brother painted his caps black, it looked awful on a blue car. Maybe if it was on a black car? Just my opinion, but save up more money for some cheap wheels.

Old 07-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone painted their wheelcovers? (rodrez)

hey i say just dump the the covers all together, or put a coat of satin black on the steelies. thats what im rockin since my wheels were jacked.