Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone Not run the lower driver side mount/AC bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Not run the lower driver side mount/AC bracket?

I've noticed lately that many people aren't running the lower driver side engine mount/AC bracket. And even on some very powerfull all motor cars running good times with apparently no problems. Just wondering if anyone here is not running it and incurring any problems.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Not run the lower driver side mount/AC bracket? (ill phil)

Anyone?
Old 09-24-2003, 12:01 PM
New User

I like to have peace of mind and since that bracket IMO is an engine mount, I keep it on even though I don't have A/C.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:02 PM

I am not running it and have not had a problem. I am gonna put one on just to help wiht the motor torgueing and moving to try and settle it down a little.

Old 09-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Not run the lower driver side mount/AC bracket? (Kalokohan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kalokohan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like to have peace of mind and since that bracket IMO is an engine mount, I keep it on even though I don't have A/C.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do as well and was thinking the same, and then took a look at my corroded *** mount. Not from wear but old material. And just figured I'd ask.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tz-devil77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not running it and have not had a problem. I am gonna put one on just to help wiht the motor torgueing and moving to try and settle it down a little.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well if your motor is torquing and moving, I'd take that as a problem. Thanks for the input thought
Old 09-24-2003, 12:19 PM

Well if your motor is torquing and moving, I'd take that as a problem. Thanks for the input thought

When you drop the clutch at 8 grand it tends to move!!!! Yes my mounts get worn out quick but hey i work at japan Direct and can get new ones all hte time. The less movement in the motor the less loss of power and potential time that is wasted whent eh the motor is not putting the full potential of the motor where it needs to be!!!!!!!!! my .02
Old 09-24-2003, 12:20 PM

and that is the reason for mounts to take out the vibration and the give the motor some movement but to much movement is not good.!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Anyone Not run the lower driver side mount/AC bracket? (tz-devil77)

Like you said, that mount usually seperates from the points that it is connected to. I had to use mine because of my A/C.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Anyone Not run the lower driver side mount/AC bracket? (Pho Real)

I 86ed both the driverside lower mount and the lower tranny mount, all that is needed is 3 wiht some inserts and your good to go.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tz-devil77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When you drop the clutch at 8 grand it tends to move!!!! Yes my mounts get worn out quick but hey i work at japan Direct and can get new ones all hte time. The less movement in the motor the less loss of power and potential time that is wasted whent eh the motor is not putting the full potential of the motor where it needs to be!!!!!!!!! my .02</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I realize that hence me having the ES motor mount inserts. At the time of the install, my lower mount was so corroded it pretty much fell apart. At first I was wondering if it was due to stress, but every other mount seemed in much better shape and the one enduring the most stress would be the rear and upper two. So I stuck in the ES inserts and they were only held in by a zip tie that comes with the kit. And do to fit, kept trying to squeeze out so I'm wondering how effective it really is right now.

Still don't understand the need to drop your clutch at 8k. I know B16's are tq'less but usually 4.5-5.5k slipping it out gets a solid launch.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Not run the lower driver side mount/AC bracket? (JD Milan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JD Milan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I 86ed both the driverside lower mount and the lower tranny mount, all that is needed is 3 wiht some inserts and your good to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm... thats what I was thinking too. I already have a rear insert and was thinking about inserts for the side as well. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:39 PM

Just prefereence i quess. And i am trying to blow up my b16a to see if it possible. I am crazy when it comes to motors. The radials just seem tpull a better time at the higher rpm.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tz-devil77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just prefereence i quess. And i am trying to blow up my b16a to see if it possible. I am crazy when it comes to motors. The radials just seem tpull a better time at the higher rpm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, whatever works for you man
Old 09-24-2003, 12:56 PM

and if your not running a/c, it looks cleaner with the brakcet off.