Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK????

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK????

While I was @ Nopi I noticed this four point "safety"/"stabilizer" that bolted up where the seat blets bolted to the chassis. The bar tied up the upper driver side bolt for the seat belt (Near your head) to the rear driver side bolt hole then across the trunk area to the rear passenger side bolt hole then to the front... wich i had a pic...

Old 09-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (chrisir19)

this? sorry about size. its the only pic i got

Old 09-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (jerseykid609)

yep jdmhondaparts have em for 200something
Old 09-29-2003, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (hayabusa160)

anyone got a used one for sale? owell guess i have to check our Jdm. Who makes em?
Old 09-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was looking for one too a while ago, but when i contacted jdmhondaparts they told me they were out of production already. hope they bring it back. looks sick
Old 04-04-2004, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (cre18)

anyone have one of these for sale..or know where to get one?
Old 04-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (Em0ne)

such a waste.....

it's unreal how people are buying all these "bars" thinking they actually do something. Do the Honda racers run these bars???- there ya go
Old 04-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">such a waste.....

it's unreal how people are buying all these "bars" thinking they actually do something. Do the Honda racers run these bars???- there ya go </TD></TR></TABLE>

Heh, you know you like the useless jdm bling monkey bars.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Heh, you know you like the useless jdm bling monkey bars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I seriously wanna get some tho....my Autopower isn't as noticble as I want
Old 04-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I seriously wanna get some tho....my Autopower isn't as noticble as I want </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, i hear ya. I was thinking about getting my kirk bar chromed.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisir19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone got a used one for sale? owell guess i have to check our Jdm. Who makes em?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Originally made by top fuel: jdmhp started selling a knock off version
Old 04-26-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (rodrez)

well maybe someone will dig this up and start making their own knock off. I don;t care cause i need something to tie the car up, fill the holes since ih ave no seat belts and for that "bling Bling"

lol
Old 04-26-2004, 03:53 PM

sorry, thats not a cage. A cage is designed to protect you in a crash. That is designed to hang clothes/perch birds.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (x743x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by x743x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry, thats not a cage. A cage is designed to protect you in a crash. That is designed to hang clothes/perch birds.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ne ways....sorry to give you something to do to entertain yourslef for a few seconds.

but maybe someone knows how to find this "tie bar" if that would be more proper...

real cool
Old 04-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, if there's a threaded hole in the interior of a Civic, some assmonkey is working on bolting a bar to it, apparently.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:34 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisir19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">While I was @ Nopi I noticed this four point "safety"/"stabilizer" that bolted up where the seat blets bolted to the chassis. The bar tied up the upper driver side bolt for the seat belt (Near your head) to the rear driver side bolt hole then across the trunk area to the rear passenger side bolt hole then to the front... wich i had a pic...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That thing is neither "safe" nor "stabilizing."

First of all, what could you possibly expect from some highly visible, brushed aluminum "bar" that oh-so-conveniently attaches to bolts already found in the car?

Second of all, I hope nobody is planning to sit in the back seat with that thing right next to their unhelmeted head, without any SFI padding . . .

Thirdly, what could this thing possibly do from a performance standpoint? Chassis stiffening does not directly affect handling in the first place, and this thing doesn't even stiffen anything useful anyway. Wow, a bar bolted between the seat belt mounts on my B- and C-pillars is just what I needed - now I'll be able to pull 2g corners because the, uhh, rear quarter window will be more rigid

I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just showing you the stupidity of parts like this. Don't be suckered into wasting your money on it.

Man, I need to start a business selling brightly-colored, highly-visible "barz" that bolt to random existing exposed bolts in the interior, and appear to serve an actual purpose while reducing the functionality of the car as much as possible for no real reason. I'll be sure to make a fortune
Old 04-27-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

First of all, what could you possibly expect from some highly visible, brushed aluminum "bar" that oh-so-conveniently attaches to bolts already found in the car?

Second of all, I hope nobody is planning to sit in the back seat with that thing right next to their unhelmeted head, without any SFI padding . . .

Thirdly, what could this thing possibly do from a performance standpoint? Chassis stiffening does not directly affect handling in the first place, and this thing doesn't even stiffen anything useful anyway. Wow, a bar bolted between the seat belt mounts on my B- and C-pillars is just what I needed - now I'll be able to pull 2g corners because the, uhh, rear quarter window will be more rigid

I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just showing you the stupidity of parts like this. Don't be suckered into wasting your money on it.

Man, I need to start a business selling brightly-colored, highly-visible "barz" that bolt to random existing exposed bolts in the interior, and appear to serve an actual purpose while reducing the functionality of the car as much as possible for no real reason. I'll be sure to make a fortune </TD></TR></TABLE>

well for the most part you are right.. but 1. yes the c pillar area could use some stabalizing to prevent flex... 2. no one rides in my back set cause I have no seat belts anyways and this would make it even easier to prevent others from wanting or trying to ride in the back. 3."some company making worthless parts." Probably right, but it was some JDM tuner that made the originals so I can only hope we have a 50/50 change this is more function over fashion...4. **** it looks cool and cleans those holes up and ties the c pillar.. damn it..... lol
Old 04-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man, I need to start a business selling brightly-colored, highly-visible "barz" that bolt to random existing exposed bolts in the interior, and appear to serve an actual purpose while reducing the functionality of the car as much as possible for no real reason. I'll be sure to make a fortune </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (SkyeC)

its a lost cause Targa250R, and SkyeC, we jsut need to give up and let him get the super JDM coat rack
Old 04-27-2004, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

roflmao!
Old 04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Know where 2 find this cage for an EK???? (slammed_93_hatch)

200 dollars for that?!?! **** that go to homedepot and make your own for 15 bucks. thats 185 dollars saved with 2 hours of work.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:13 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Em0ne &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. yes the c pillar area could use some stabalizing to prevent flex...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why? Is there some unknown, lost suspension part up there that I have overlooked, that flexes to the point that the entire car will collapse if it is not braced?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3."some company making worthless parts." Probably right, but it was some JDM tuner that made the originals so I can only hope we have a 50/50 change this is more function over fashion...</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you believe everything "JDM" actually performs a function, let alone a significant function, then you are a lost cause.

Cusco makes "roll cages" that I wouldn't trust my worst enemy's life to, let alone my own - but I guess because it is "JDM, y0!" then it is okay?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4. **** it looks cool and cleans those holes up and ties the c pillar.. damn it..... lol </TD></TR></TABLE>
Whatever. "Looks cool" is exactly how they get gullible sheep like you to blow $200 on worthless pieces of **** like that.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.jspec.com