Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound???

I'm thinking about getting a spoon exhaust for my 00 EK, I want to know how it sounds and the proformance.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:37 AM

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (JDM_EK)

Very Good! I have one on my 99 Si/SiR LoveIt!
Old 10-07-2002, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (JDM_EK)

Go with a mugen, nice deep mellow sound.

my .02 cents
Old 10-07-2002, 05:22 PM

Default anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (JDM_EK)

how about you just stay with the exhaust you have instead of trying to go all jdm. because making your little dx into a wanna be type r is gay. because it will never be a true type r thats like a person trying to make a dx coupe into an si yeah thats lame just like your doing. because right know your car looks like its stock because any normal person can't tell its a wanna conv. it looks stock.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (1SpoolnH)

how about you just stay with the exhaust you have instead of trying to go all jdm. because making your little dx into a wanna be type r is gay. because it will never be a true type r thats like a person trying to make a dx coupe into an si yeah thats lame just like your doing. because right know your car looks like its stock because any normal person can't tell its a wanna conv. it looks stock.
hmmmm u sound mad.

i say get an exhaust you'd like. i personally haven't heard a spoon one, but i've heard a mugen twin loop. it gets my
Old 10-07-2002, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (1SpoolnH)

uh ok....

Anways, it sounds very nice and deep. A bit on the loud side but I'm sure you'll get used to it.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (ExOdy)

hey dennis, you liking that spoon exhaust on the odyssey??
Old 10-07-2002, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (Eddie HatchBlack)

Yup yup!
Old 10-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (ExOdy)

JDM_EK nice sounding car from your profile.

ExOdy.. finally got my CTR kit painted and my rims are coming in on friday. now i just need a swap and a Mugen Twin Loop. ITR rear sway is coming from Ryan and Si Front sway is in the future. when's the next meet?
Old 10-07-2002, 05:32 PM
Trial User

Oh god here we have it, another know it all. Everyone bow and kiss his feet
Old 10-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (mantic6t9)

Oh god here we have it, another know it all. Everyone bow and kiss his feet
good one mantic
Old 10-07-2002, 05:35 PM

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (mantic6t9)

know its not that i know it all its just don't try to make your car a better model than it already is. no one makes a dx an ex or si. and most converisons look stock like his car black 16 wheels and add ons that looks stock
Old 10-07-2002, 05:36 PM

Lets see some pics of your car hot shot
Old 10-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

know its not that i know it all its just don't try to make your car a better model than it already is. no one makes a dx an ex or si. and most converisons look stock like his car black 16 wheels and add ons that looks stock
i'd say let people make their car look however way they want. he likes that look with the current model he has, so be it. and what really is stocking LOOKING. "stock looking" is all an opinion, everyone has their own.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, so you should always run with hubcaps, and not do a swap or any power adders for that matter. I mean, it's a DX and that's all it'll ever be.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:44 PM
Trial User

don't try to make your car a better model than it already is
Ummm maybe i've missed something. For some reason it thought that was the whole point. Damn man you mean you're telling me i had it all wrong this entire time? I better get with it quick. Who wants to buy all my parts so i can convert back to stock???? Please hurry, i don't wanna be a wanna be.

Travis - who can't believe he has been brain washed this entire time. DAMN>>>>

[Modified by mantic6t9, 9:09 PM 10/7/2002]
Old 10-08-2002, 06:20 PM

I guess now to ask a question about something I have to give a reason, my fault, The reason I want the spoon is for two reasons, First spoon only makes proformance parts for one Co...HONDA..and out of all the different models only five, EK, DC, AP1, EP1 and NSX. So I think they know about proformance in hondas. Second, my APEXi N1 goes <U>under</U> the axle and angles up which puts it very close to the ground. I only have a 1.25 drop and my exhaust drags over bumps and while driving. The Spoon exhaust on the other hand goes over the axle which means I can go lower. Before you talk sh*t, remember I was just asking a question of how it sounds not your opinion on my car.

P.S.
What do you drive, a 2001 coupe and now you think you know every thing about hondas.

[Modified by JDM_EK, 7:21 PM 10/8/2002]
Old 10-08-2002, 06:26 PM

Oh, yeah just to let you know I'm going for the "stock look" so I take that as a compliment not a knock against my car. So thank you, honestly that is one the best things you could say about my car.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:29 PM

i love my new apex WS on my b16 ek
Old 10-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its not spoon or mugen, but i like.

[Modified by jonas, 7:29 PM 10/8/2002]
Old 10-08-2002, 06:32 PM
New User

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (jonas)

Very nice Jonas.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:35 PM

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (Kalokohan)

IMHO the spoon sports muffler sounds way better than the spoon n1 model. It's more quiet but has a real deep sound to it, but the n1 sounds really wonderful at vtec switchover
Old 10-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (jonas)

its not spoon or mugen, but i like.

[Modified by jonas, 7:29 PM 10/8/2002]

stock ctr!
Old 10-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound??? (Benj)

the n1 is also the one that has better gains than the sport model.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:40 PM

That looks like stock CTR exhaust....what is it?

Quick Reply: anyone have Spoon exhaust on a EK hatch, how does it sound???