Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone have a spare z6 engine in/near CO?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have a spare z6 engine in/near CO?

im looking for a fair condition d16z6 engine, in the colorado area. all i need is the short block(block, crank, rods, pistons, no head needed but a plus) so i can start my project probibly a d16z6 NA like Emerika's, let me know if anyone in the colorado area has one or can get one for me. thanks
Old 05-12-2003, 11:05 AM

Default Re: anyone have a spare z6 engine in/near CO? (tek_civic)

I am selling mine at the end of the month.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tek_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im looking for a fair condition d16z6 engine, in the colorado area. all i need is the short block(block, crank, rods, pistons, no head needed but a plus) so i can start my project probibly a d16z6 NA like Emerika's, let me know if anyone in the colorado area has one or can get one for me. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you want to do the build yourself??? or pay for someone to do it???

Either way, get ahold of me via email.

I could sell you all the parts with the machine work done, or build the block for you and send that out. Shipping costs will be next to nothing through my work....or I can sell you my block as is...let me know....I'll hook you up
Old 05-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude dont do an all motor d16z6 in colorado. YOU NEED BOOST. Thats the ONLY way to go fast at high altitude. I ran a 13.4 at bandimere with my boosted sohc.

liam
Old 05-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have a spare z6 engine in/near CO? (liam821)

ya i know elevation sux, but the na setup is pretty cheap and im not really looking for the biggest power hog sohc around, just something to learn with and play around with. and i don't really feel like just letting my pretty greddy header go to waste! oh and it gets worse! i live in snowmass village (near aspen) which is at 8,000 feat above sea level! figuring that approx equation of power loss i lose around 24% of my power up here, like i have said before, i have to mod like hell to get to stock! lol

anyways Emerika, i would love your engine but i would rather build it myself so i learn, im not a fan of paying anyone to do anything that i can learn how to do. like my cam, took 1 month but i got it in! lol. anyways if you have a z6 longblock i would buy that off of you, i would take a shortblock too though. what machine work is involved, besides a mill? doesn't the setup im looking at pretty much bolt right up? z6 block and head, y8 head gasket(maybe), p29 pistons, z6 rods(shot peened maybe), gsr TB(possibly usdm type r), y8 intake manni(maybe). let me know if i need something else or need to get something else done, thanks!
Old 05-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

everything bolts right in, yes. And for a "proper" engine build...you'll need the cylinders bored/honed, crank grinded, oil clearances checked, thrust washer clearances checkes, etc.

I wouldn't use a Y8 head gasket though...compression will be even higher.