Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale??

Hi everyone does anyone have 4 by 100 rota slip streams for sale....??

Khoi
Old 01-20-2002, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (Sohc Driver)

go to http://www.autosports.com they re so cheap now, so get them new
Old 01-20-2002, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got a set in black used for less than a month with 195-50-15 kuhmos for $600 plus shipping.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (stkd16z6)

ive got a set in black used for less than a month with 195-50-15 kuhmos for $600 plus shipping.
Hey man hook me up!!!!!!!!!!!!! my AIM screen name is SOHCVTEC15 or just keep posting here...got any pics of "your" wheels...?

khoi
Old 01-20-2002, 03:09 PM
I said I don't want a title!

Local Rice shop I'm sure

Do you wear fake Tommy Hilfiger shirts too?
Old 01-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (Todd00)

buy the real ones!!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (vtecdoc)

no i do not wear fake Tommy Hilfiger you *** hole!!!!! LOL...but gee...if i could afford some spoons..don't you think i would posting to this......Gawd!!!.......Jack asses!!! Rota's are still good quality, and still weigh around 12lbs....it will do for me..its not as if i am goign to get them..and claim them to be spoons...or some people they buy freaking nippon racing TE37 wannabes and take off the sticker and say..oh yeah..they are te37s.....Get a CLUE!!!!

Khoi
Old 01-21-2002, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (Todd00)

bwaahahahahahhahaa

thats stinkin awesome

Local Rice shop I'm sure

Do you wear fake Tommy Hilfiger shirts too?
Old 01-21-2002, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (ajchen)

lol, i hear yo man, keepin it real, i like that
Old 01-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SeriousAuto.com has them for cheap. Search ebay.com they usually have a few sets on their.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (vtecdoc)

buy the real ones!!!!!
What do you mean?? Buy the real Rotas and not the fake ones?? Some one is making knock of Rotas???
Old 01-21-2002, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (Civic242)

spoom!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (Matt B)

git this crap outta here. if you cant afford the real deal dont bite the style. people get laughed at for wearing bolex and *** heuer watches, and "tommy gear" clothes. why not for spooms!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:40 PM

why would you want a fake wheel of an ugly looking wheel?
Old 01-21-2002, 06:59 PM

the money you use to buy the real spoon rims of the same look, weight, and quality... could go for something else. personally i think the idiot who pays over $1,000 for rims that you can get for half the price is the one who is stupid. they weigh about 12 pounds and cost about $500. you tell me one downside to these rims other then the fact that they dont say spoon on them. i pity the fools who pay a lot of money for mugen and spoon crap. its just overpriced . oh and fyi, i wear polo sports and not polo chino. i dont mind paying $20 extra for something, but twice the amount is just stupid.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (Matt B)

I agree.. those wheels look so damn plain. But for performance they're pretty good..light weight and fairly cheap....$400 or so.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (sushibug)

i pity the fools who cant appreciate research and development. spoon and mugen have been in the game a long time and have race-proven reputations. rota is a biter company that prevents more japanese companies from bringing their products to the US. if you dont see the value in those products, that's fine. but i have a problem with blatant copies.

if you cant afford them, i can accept that. but dont diss on the spoons. you get what you pay for.

the money you use to buy the real spoon rims of the same look, weight, and quality... could go for something else. personally i think the idiot who pays over $1,000 for rims that you can get for half the price is the one who is stupid. they weigh about 12 pounds and cost about $500. you tell me one downside to these rims other then the fact that they dont say spoon on them. i pity the fools who pay a lot of money for mugen and spoon crap. its just overpriced . oh and fyi, i wear polo sports and not polo chino. i dont mind paying $20 extra for something, but twice the amount is just stupid.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How many of YOU JDM RICER **** actually race? "Get the real SPOONs" you! If you really want to be technical and ty like you punks are, then I'm sure you all know that SPOON did not design those wheels. SPOON IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF YOU CAN BUY FOR THE MOST PART. How about their cool pistons that are already balanced and then they charge you a crap-load for them? My factory pistons brand new were already perfectly balanced!!! And I payed Honda's price.

I'm so sick of all of these second degree ricers talking about getting the real SPOON wheels. Can you personally tell teh difference in the weight between teh Rotas and SPOONS while driving? Do you actually race? Are you driving this guys car? I bet you answered NO to all of those questions. So shut up you posers!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (WAFFLES)

Waffles nailed that one one the head. A lot of Spoon stuff is just another manufacturers design with the name "SPOON" on it. Doesn't Regamaster produce the SW388 any way? I can respect that a lot of R&D goes into the products. Mugen header for example: I've seen one in real life and they are very nice. But a Rota C8 Vs. a Mugen MF8. A little different style you won't really notice and maybe 2 or 3 pounds. I don't care, I got all of my Rotas shipped to my door step for $480 bucks in a 16" just one MF8 cost $100 bucks more than that. And since I'm not a professional circuit racer that 2 or 3 pounds doesn't matter to ME. On the other hand I like to kick peoples asses in races so maybe I'd fork out the $900 for a Mugen header. The beauty of each product and make is simply in the eye of the beholder. No mortal man can ever win this argument.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:18 AM

get them and be proud u didnt waste ur money on the spoons..what advantage are the spoons anyway?
Old 01-22-2002, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (Civic242)

yo !! the spoons are the fake rotas..look just like the slips but cost $$$ mucho...im not going to spend $1600+ for ooo s and ahhhs when u can get the same from spending less than $500
Old 01-22-2002, 11:25 AM

i like deals and i like my fruit of the loom T s
Old 01-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (deepnite)

I have only bought brand name wheels. I wqs gonna purchase the Volk CE28N's in 17 for my car but a few things came to mind. 1) I've wanted to start a RX-7 project for a while and the sooner I'm done with the hatch the sooner I can start it. 2) Instead of paying 2000 bux for rims and tires I can 700 bux for wheels and tires that will weigh the same my 17's were going to and put the rest of that money into going faster.

Besides you can say what ever you want about my spoon knock off's. When I'm lighting you up on the street, track, or strip what're gonna say then: "Yeah that hatch beat my *** but I have the real spoons he has Rota knock off's."

I don't think that the 2 extra pounds are gonna matter much it I putting down more power. I'd love to get the real deal or some Volks (Like my original plan) but right now I've got other prioirties and I don't have deep pockets.

Besides can anyone think of a better wheel for the money, look, price and weight..... I doubt it.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale?? (brokstar)

yes, spoon is made by desmond regamaster.

i can agree on this. all i am saying is such - if you want to buy rotas, go ahead. i own my spoons for a reason - they are lighter, better looking, and wont flake off like those krylon-encrusted rotas. just because rota came out with a cheaper, inferior product doesnt make spoon wheels any worse. i have no problem with [people who buy rotas. i dont like rota as a company though for biting designs. i do have a problem with people who feel the need to bash spoon wheels for costing what they do. they cost more for a reason. if you dont want to pay for them, fine. but that doesnt make them worse of a product.

i also agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i've done lots of other stuff to my car, and spoons are a nice addition. more power to people who want to buy rotas. i dont care for them at all but thats because i can appreciate the original, and being in the position that i am at now, i would never buy the knockoff even if money was an issue.

Waffles nailed that one one the head. A lot of Spoon stuff is just another manufacturers design with the name "SPOON" on it. Doesn't Regamaster produce the SW388 any way? I can respect that a lot of R&D goes into the products. Mugen header for example: I've seen one in real life and they are very nice. But a Rota C8 Vs. a Mugen MF8. A little different style you won't really notice and maybe 2 or 3 pounds. I don't care, I got all of my Rotas shipped to my door step for $480 bucks in a 16" just one MF8 cost $100 bucks more than that. And since I'm not a professional circuit racer that 2 or 3 pounds doesn't matter to ME. On the other hand I like to kick peoples asses in races so maybe I'd fork out the $900 for a Mugen header. The beauty of each product and make is simply in the eye of the beholder. No mortal man can ever win this argument.

[Modified by ajchen, 6:06 AM 1/23/2002]
Old 01-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Blah blah blah spoons forks roaches who cares juss answer the original question "Anyone have Rota Slipstreams For Sale??"

Quick Reply: Anyone have Rota Slipstreams for sale??