Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone have a BuddyClub Spec 3 Exhaust?

Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a BuddyClub Spec 3 Exhaust?

I have a Buddy Club Spec 3 exhaust (on a 93 hatch), and the only thing I don't like about it is that the piping on the muffler rubbs on the chassis, causing a annoying vibration and sound. I've wrapped it with some exhaust wrap which has cut some of the vibration down but not by much. Maybe I've installed it wrong? just wondering if anyone can help me.

Pics or instructions will help.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have a BuddyClub Spec 3 Exhaust?

if its rubbing on the bumper take it to a muffler shop and see if they can modify it to fit for you.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The noise is most likely the springs that connect the pipes. I had a spec 3 on my 97 hatch and had the same problem. The only thing I've seen to fix that is to buy some foam/rubber pipe insulation that fits snugly around the springs... Or you could just deal with it. That's what I did.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it's not rubbing on the bumper, that's fine. it's rubbing on the chassis itself. i spent alot for this exhaust, the last thing i want is some exhaust shop hacking it up.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus
The noise is most likely the springs that connect the pipes. I had a spec 3 on my 97 hatch and had the same problem. The only thing I've seen to fix that is to buy some foam/rubber pipe insulation that fits snugly around the springs... Or you could just deal with it. That's what I did.
no, it's not the springs, i broke 2 of them trying to install them (long story). so there are no springs used on the exhaust. do you know where i can get some type of insulation like that?
Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone else?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the spec2. I noticed the same thing. The vibration occurs in the rear where it goes over the LCA. What I did to fix the problem was move the rubber hanger (for the exhaust bracket going over the LCA) to the second metal chassis hanger. It drops the exhaust so it doesn't touch the chassis.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlueIntegraBoy
I have the spec2. I noticed the same thing. The vibration occurs in the rear where it goes over the LCA. What I did to fix the problem was move the rubber hanger (for the exhaust bracket going over the LCA) to the second metal chassis hanger. It drops the exhaust so it doesn't touch the chassis.
i'm glad there is somone out there who understands me. now, i have an idea of what you are talking about, but i was wondering maybe you can post a pic so i can have a better idea.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I too just bought the Buddy Club Spec II for my DC2 and I have noticed this problem, but I will try removing the rear rubber like mentioned above. I will 2nd the fact of not letting an exhaust shop hack up the quality of Buddy Club.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

quality? it's a ****ing exhaust. LMFAO you guys act like the BC exhaust is SOLID GOLD! If you have a problem with your exhaust rubbing get some1 to modify it for you. What do you think your BC hitting the underside of your car is doing to it? Worse **** than what an exhaust shop will do. BTW I have a BC spec 2 and had the exhaust shop modify it to fit properly on my car no problems.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by philosofy1
i'm glad there is somone out there who understands me. now, i have an idea of what you are talking about, but i was wondering maybe you can post a pic so i can have a better idea.
It's hard to tell, but I have the rubber hanger on the lower (2nd) metal chassis bracket. It allows the piping to sit slightly lower and doesn't let the piping touch the chassis. I had the hanger on the first bracket and would cause vibration, then I moved it.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's hard to tell, but I have the rubber hanger on the lower (2nd) metal chassis bracket. It allows the piping to sit slightly lower and doesn't let the piping touch the chassis. I had the hanger on the first bracket and would cause vibration, then I moved it.

i'm going to try that with mine as i have a rattle in the back and this is probably what is causing it.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help, i'm not sure if the civic has a 2nd hanger, but i know what i have to do now. again thanks, i'll post up when i get it done (hopefully today).
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just wanted to say thanks for all who replied. I finally got rid of the problem (for now anyway). I tried removing the hanger like blueintegraboy suggested, but i didn't like how the exhaust hung to low. So I spent about 30 min. yesterday adjusting the muffler clamp and hangers. So lets see how long this will last.