Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone have any experience with LoJack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with LoJack?

I think I'm going to get a LoJack system for my car; has anyone had any experiences with them, good or bad?

I'm kinda lucky 'cause a Honda dealership here installs them so hopefully they know the in's and out's of a Honda pretty well

I have an existing alarm system, so this would be an addition I would assume.

Thoughts?
Old 05-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with LoJack? (JoshuaVTEC)

Nobody? No wonder there's so many thefts/strip-downs in here...
Old 05-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have any experience with LoJack? (JoshuaVTEC)

dont have the dealer install it... get the early warning system for more protection. let me know if you have any other indepth questions or concerns..

Old 05-08-2004, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with LoJack? (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont have the dealer install it... get the early warning system for more protection. let me know if you have any other indepth questions or concerns..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why no "dealer install"? Shady employees??? Obvious installation locations???
Old 05-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Global Moderator

I've heard horrible **** about LOjack.
I've seen threads where lojack all of sudden couldn't locate the car..IMHO i wouldnt pay money for bullshit.

Old 05-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with LoJack? (EG2 SiR)

well we all will have opinions on anything security feature or product. i dont have any opinion on it personally, i will just let you know what is done in the process of getting a lojack on your car, and how you should have it set up.

i say not to have it installed at the dealership because they charge you more for the system.. let me guess your paying $600-$800 to have it installed??? you can get it installed cheaper than that.and also more people will know your car has lojack ( mechanics, and other employees at the dealership.... criminals lurk everywhere) as opposed to having it installed at your home and no one else around.

once you make an appoint and a date is set to have it installed. you need to make sure you see how long it takes the lojack installer to finish... usually the time is about 15 minutes to do a normal install.. thats fast huh.. yea that also means that the system is not installed in the best most discrete area..

next once the system is installed you need to advise the installer that you work on your car all the time and you need to be told the location of the system. you must stress this very harshly.. say you work on your car all the time and you dont want to mess up the system and have him come fix it.. and just ask him where it is... most of the time they will tell you because they dont want to come out to fix anything because they work on a commission basis, if it is not working and they have to go fix it then they do not get paid to have it fixed. so it is in the best interest that the installer tells you where it is.. and they will..

now that you know where it is, and how long it took. you can move the system to a better location of your choosing.. just remember not to install it under metal, have the antenna spread out, everything else is hooked up.. once you find it you will know what i mean. i wont be telling you...

the system is charged before he leaves this means that even if the battery is cut off it still has a signal. and will have it for some time. i wont say how long. once it is charged you can move it without any problem....

now we get to the check up of the system... you need to have the system checked every year. this is to insure everything is working properly... most people have it installed and forget about it..... it must be check every year for proper working condition...