Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone had to replace their headlight turn on switch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had to replace their headlight turn on switch?

I'm just curious on how many of you guys had to replace this part. And if you guys did what was your reason for doing it? I'm having light issues and I'm thinking that this is the last part that I haven't checked yet. Let me tell you guys about my problem and see if you guys can help me out.

I had one of the older alarms in my car. Everytime I pull the battery to work with anything electrical I was tired of it going off in my ears etc. So I decided to pull the alarm fuse which keeps it from going off. One day I worked with the electrical parts again so I pulled the fuse and then after my work was done I decided to put the fuse back in and then there was a big shock and after that my alarm didn't flash my corner lights or cluster lights anymore.

But then after a week or so my fuse for the cluster and corner likes started to blow. It doesn't do it everytime, but only once or twice a week and sometimes one after another and then its fine again. I'll be driving and then the next thing I know all the cluster lights are off again and I figured its the fuse blowing again. I've checked all grounds and anything or loose etc wires and found nothing. This never happend until my alarm gave that big spark. I've replaced my alarm with a new one and it still does that so that leaves out the alarm problem.

One of my co-workers said it could be the switch itself that has gone bad from the shock. But my headlights turn on fine and etc it's just my corner and cluster light fuse that blows.

So my question is what would be the symptoms of this part going bad or is my problem somewhere else? I'm stumped on this problem so any suggestions would be a great help.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had to replace their headlight turn on switch? (D16SohcVtec)

I changed mine b/c my turn signals wouldn't work. Most likely it's the connectors on the back of that switch that have bad contact. Thats why my turn signals wouldn't work.

If you've ever taken off that turn signal switch you'll see that theres harnesses connected to it that needs good contact.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had to replace their headlight turn on switch? (D16SohcVtec)

Any ideas?