Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone ever taken a brake booster apart?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever taken a brake booster apart?

I'm getting a bunch of parts for my project powdercoated and I would like to do the brake booster as well since its kind of rusty and **** but I need to pull all the rubber seals and stuff out if it before they can or when they bake it they will get destroyed.

I know there has to be a way to dissesemble it because the JDM EPC shows it apart with all the seals to rebuild it.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever taken a brake booster apart? (homey dont play dat)

No one? damn HT you are disappointing me.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by homey dont play dat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No one? damn HT you are disappointing me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no, it's just no one spends their time dissassembling a booster. we just replace them.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever taken a brake booster apart? (philosofy1)

Why not disassemble it yourself and be the first to do a write-up for future ppl in your position!!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:06 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Anyone ever taken a brake booster apart? (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no, it's just no one spends their time dissassembling a booster. we just replace them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well put, maybe you can get away with just spraying the outside metal cover... no need to rebuild.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever taken a brake booster apart? (akunamatta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well put, maybe you can get away with just spraying the outside metal cover... no need to rebuild.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no, it's just no one spends their time dissassembling a booster. we just replace them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Powdercoating involves putting the part in a oven, rubber and heat don't mix too well last time I checked. In my experience spray can jobs don't last for **** and I'm not too into half-assing my project. Also last time I checked a new booster from Honda is around $500, a lot more money then I feel like spending for something that works fine for me, just looks like ****.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lechuza05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why not disassemble it yourself and be the first to do a write-up for future ppl in your position!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had an extra I tried getting apart and I just ended up ruining it. I DID get it apart but there's no way it's going back together. I was just hoping someone on here had done it before or at least had some information.

Nobody has access to a JDM service manual? It must show how they come apart if the parts to rebuild it are available for purchase.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by homey dont play dat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Powdercoating involves putting the part in a oven, rubber and heat don't mix too well last time I checked. In my experience spray can jobs don't last for **** and I'm not too into half-assing my project. Also last time I checked a new booster from Honda is around $500, a lot more money then I feel like spending for something that works fine for me, just looks like ****.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

then its up to you, you could simply use dual stage paint on the brake booster cover that would look bling blingin with clearcoat and your choice of base (i would do black).
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever taken a brake booster apart? (akunamatta)

I have a big *** batch of **** im sending to be powdercoated (LCA's, shock forks, crossmembers, bumper supports, steering rack housing, pedals, trailing arms, knuckles, random brackets...) I'm doing it all a matte black like most of that stuff came with from the factory. It would be nice if I could send my brake booster to be done as well since its the same color, I just need to know how that **** comes apart.