Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone ever heard of jabjunkies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever heard of jabjunkies?

the site is http://labjunkies.com/swaps.htm I was looking around for B20 longs blocks and saw this site, Im looking at

JDM B20B 146HP COMPLETE LONGBLOCK WITH 5 SPEED TRANS, STAGE 3 CLUTCH WITH MOUNTS,4-1 INTEGRA TYPE R STYLE HEADER, LINKAGE, AXLES, CHIPPED ECU WITH WARRANTY INSTALLED FOR 2000.00 PLUS TAX

Im not looking for them to install, but to ship me that setup, to NC, they are located in CA, and I just wanted to get some review or if anyone has ever hever heard of this company. I know alot of bad companies change names due to complaints, and bad service.

And if this post is in the wrong place let me know so I can place this in the correct thread.

I haven't tired to call them yet, and not sure of tranny used, ect. and Im swaping into a 95 ex coupe.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone ever heard of jabjunkies?

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ht=lab+junkies
http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2592930

Both are threads regarding them, they are scammers, idiots, and other adjectives that i probably cant type without getting bleeped out.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here was my experiences with them....

First one
-I saw the save add on Craigs list, but for a ZC, I called and asked about the pricing yada yada, bottom line is that they asked for a desposit of $300, which they would use to buy parts and build the motor. So, i dont know where they get their parts from, but they needed to build the "jdm" engine out of parts they were going to buy with my deposit.

Second one
-I had a GSR head that had some oil burning, which i thought was going to be warped (turned out it was only slight burning with no valve train damage). I called up the Lab and asked if they do machining, they said yes, so i drive down there. I ask to speak with the machinist, out walks some guy that couldnt have been older than 17. I told him how this damage occured and he cut me off saying there was no way to repair this, so i left.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a good place is Soshin Trade Corp. 800-338-7656, located in North Hollywood, there is another location but i havent used that one.

i got a sohc jdm ZC for $460, 6month warranty on head/block/all internals. really clean warehouse atmosphere, up to date record keeping(so they cant screw you over on warranty claims). Also have JDM trannies, complete front clips of anything Honda from Japan.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im in Charlotte NC, which is on the other side of the Country. I'm currently building(slowly) a 95 ex coupe, So for I have 15in gold rota slipstreams, kumo 205/50R15, Skunk 2 pro s full coilover, GSR front brakes/calipers, brembo rotors, rotex pads. Megan front, rear and rear lower strut braces. basicly a bunch of suspension parts. the car needs paint but Ill do that last, and now im just shopping around for a motor, looking to get b20 long block, and b16 trany w/ lsd. I need all the good stuff like header, intake mainifold, fule rail, mounts for 92-95 civic. and shipped to Charlotte, NC. no one sells the b20 w/ 5 speed tranny and all the stuff I need. I know eveyone sells that stuff I need but never as a package. any ideas? other that labjunkies?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/9658-official-%22where-can-i-buy-engine-tranny-parts-my-crx-civic-9658-a-1847132/

Thats the official "where to buy stuff" thread in the EF forum. It applies to everything tho, generic JDM engine importers are included and i think i saw some that are in the south. At least thats closer to you than southern cali!

www.hmotorsonline.com is a good one i've heard, located here in cali tho.