Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone ever do a super swap???? Two cars, swap motor from one to another??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever do a super swap???? Two cars, swap motor from one to another??

Bascially, I have a 93 si, with a B16. I am about to buy a stock 95 si. I want to swap the motors back and forth, then sell my 93. Anyone have any ideas of how long that will take? I suspect I should be able to do both in a Day, or weekend... Anyone ever do one of these "super swaps"??? Any insight will help.

Also the 95 still has A/C and P/S. I want to keep them when I swap...what A/C bracket and P/S brackets do I use? I remember reading in a magazine that you would use CRV A/C bracket, and Em1 P/S bracket? Is that correct? Thank you.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever do a super swap???? Two cars, swap motor from one to another??

Who called it a super swap?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever do a super swap???? Two cars, swap motor from one to another??

Me. Call me a moron...didn't know what else to call it. I guess I could have called it "Swap from one car to another then back to the first" But i like super swap. :D
Old 02-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

both in a day if you know what you're doing.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

obviously he doesn't if he has to ask
Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OBVIOUSLY..... I have done a swap. By myself with no help. Took me three days working full time at a job 8 am to 6 pm. Just wanted to get input from people that have done multiple. So yah..............Ummm. don't know what to say to ya buddy. Trying to get helpful informatioin, not smart *** replies. Oh yah..plus trying to meet my quota for posts or whatever to become a full fledged member.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well then OBVIOUSLY itll take six days. why did you need to ask this question?

im in the middle of one right now from a 95 S(already swapped in a b16) to a 93 SI and back. taken me two weeks. but i had to buy parts and deal with a hole rust. by myself no lift. just jack stands.

this is not a super swap. its two swaps simultaneously. seriously not rocket science. can new people stop wasting thread space with pointless questions.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you can read..it's a two part question. And insight or information refers to any hints given to make my life easier. Like. Make sure you have X before you start Y. So when you get to Z, your not stuck with your thumb up your A. Plus Mr Genius. I'm not wasting Thread space. I think there is enough storage space on the servers for my question. It's not my fault you feel the need to waste your time replying. You could have just as easly said to yourself "what a dipshit" and gone about your happy little day. Obviously having 2 engine lifts would be a good hint. I can figure that stuff out myself. ANd i know it's straight forward. Like I said. Insight or info to make my life easier. For example...answering the second question would have been insight. That way i have the correct brackets when I begin. You get it? And i'm sure you must suck if it taken you 2 weeks. Maybe you're Noob. So yah. Don't reply if you think it's a waste of your time. Just call me a dipshit and go about your day. Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do tampons go in string first??
Old 02-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NEEDBOUTTREE5O
Old 02-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kiarash Jabery
OBVIOUSLY..... I have done a swap. By myself with no help. Took me three days working full time at a job 8 am to 6 pm. Just wanted to get input from people that have done multiple. So yah..............Ummm. don't know what to say to ya buddy. Trying to get helpful informatioin, not smart *** replies. Oh yah..plus trying to meet my quota for posts or whatever to become a full fledged member.
Did it this weekend... myself and two friends... we had to swap some accessories since we were dealing with two different cars, but took us 15 hours from start to startup (both run perfect with no CEL)
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NEEDBOUTTREE5O

lol.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I cry my self to sleep most nights. I have no clue on your engines and brackets required. Try searching around here I'm sure its been discussed before, as I'm assuming you don't want to get the brackets halfway through your swap.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You and a couple of buddies could perform a "super swap" in a couple of hours or a couple of days.

We've go no way of posthumously knowing your mechanical skill, time frame, tools, etc with which to judge the time it would take for you to do this. There is nothing inherently technical in this thread apart from the A/C and PS brackets. To answer that you'll need the brackets from B-series engines. This thread went downhill fast. Locking.