Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone ever buy this, and does it work.. link inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever buy this, and does it work.. link inside

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33553

its a fpr as long as it works i will get one... any expierences??
Old 08-30-2004, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt buy it. id stick with a good name. AEM, B&M, Weapon R, Holley ect. Not much more than that one. But i dont trust ebay these days. alot of junk on there.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a b&m knockoff. the real b&m doesnt even work that well. i wouldnt get the knockoff
Old 08-31-2004, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

yeah i noticed it looked like b&m.. what do you mean b&m does not work that well?? what are the bad side of them???

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like a b&m knockoff. the real b&m doesnt even work that well. i wouldnt get the knockoff</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (bpowa)

what i have noticed about the b&m and the vortech, they are the same, is that they dont hold vacuum. and when they leak vacuum, it thinks it is at wide open throttle. i.e. the fuel pressure is like the line is off. causing it to run richer than needed at idle. trust the aem or even an aeromotive. the aeromotive is pricey, but it is the ****.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like a b&m knockoff. the real b&m doesnt even work that well. i wouldnt get the knockoff</TD></TR></TABLE>

couldn't have said it better.....but i can say that i blew out my AEM regulator...
Old 08-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedcivicsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what i have noticed about the b&m and the vortech, they are the same, is that they dont hold vacuum. and when they leak vacuum, it thinks it is at wide open throttle. i.e. the fuel pressure is like the line is off. causing it to run richer than needed at idle. trust the aem or even an aeromotive. the aeromotive is pricey, but it is the ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess it's just chance. I used an AEM FPR on my N/A set up, and on the dyno, it consistently lost pressure run after run. I switched over to the B&M, and we watched it very carefully, and never had any issues with it.
Thinking that it was just a faulty unit, we put a brand new AEM FPR on my friends ITR set up, and headed for the dyno. Same results. Consistent loss of pressure run after run. Maybe they were a bad batch, I don't know, but that was the last time I ever trusted those. I've had the B&M for about 3 years now, and no problems.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rodrez)

Just curious, but why would you decide to tune your car based on fuel pressure instead of lenghtening injector pulses like you do with an AFC?
Old 08-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

@ries of Dynamic adjusted my VAFC, cam gears, and FPR. I never questioned him, because he's always got my motors to run smooth, and make decent power.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rodrez)

Sounds like a plan to me then. I've never messed with my fuel pressure at all so I can't even begin to comment on how to adjust a cam gear, a FPR AND an AFC. Was just curious at what point it became necessary to do that. I'm boosting 8 psi daily and 10 at the track and don't ever get lean.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Mr. Badwrench

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just curious, but why would you decide to tune your car based on fuel pressure instead of lenghtening injector pulses like you do with an AFC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree with you ricey, the dude that made the base map for my hondata told me to set my aeromotive reg to 50-60 and leave the line off. the fuel is made up in the pulse width. when you have a boost dependent fpr, i guess you can get better idle quality with the pressure lower. i dont really know. the buicks i used to build, we would put the line off pressure at what ever the max pressure the pump was good for minus the boost level we were running. so if the pump was good to 75 psi and we were running 25 psi boost, base fp would be 50 psi. because the fpr would raise 1 psi per psi of boost.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wouldnt buy it. id stick with a good name. AEM, B&M, Weapon R, Holley ect. Not much more than that one. But i dont trust ebay these days. alot of junk on there.</TD></TR></TABLE>Weapon R....hahahahahaa
Old 08-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Default Re: (rentacop)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rentacop &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Weapon R....hahahahahaa</TD></TR></TABLE>

i honestly think the weapon r is a better piece than the b&m or the vortech piece.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i agree with you ricey, the dude that made the base map for my hondata told me to set my aeromotive reg to 50-60 and leave the line off. the fuel is made up in the pulse width. when you have a boost dependent fpr, i guess you can get better idle quality with the pressure lower. i dont really know. the buicks i used to build, we would put the line off pressure at what ever the max pressure the pump was good for minus the boost level we were running. so if the pump was good to 75 psi and we were running 25 psi boost, base fp would be 50 psi. because the fpr would raise 1 psi per psi of boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is that not what an FMU does? An FMU is a different animal than a FPR.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:25 PM
a

nothing is wrong with my b&M on my car and the one i had on it before been using it for 3 years and on both cars the ebay one looks ok just a knock off big deal get it some people cant afford aem **** but i paid for a b&m and the gauge 80 here local in vegas
Old 08-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Mr. Badwrench

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is that not what an FMU does? An FMU is a different animal than a FPR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not the vortech fmu. i had an adj fpr identical to the b&m but was sold woth a vortech rail. i thought you may get confused on that. and the fmu is a steeper step rising rate i.e. 6:1 8:1 10:1 12:1 the aeromotive i have is 1:1.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:52 PM

so with a stock EG with basic intake and exhaust.... would it really help me any if i had an FPR.. i mean even to keep an eye on or anthing?!?!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Re: (hondainspired)

if you are even thinking about a FPR get either and aeromotive or B&M do not get an AEM, the diaphram in these will brake and cost you a motor, know some one who did, so spend a little more now and save a lot later