Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone a Certified Honda Mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone a Certified Honda Mechanic?

I don't have any questions pertaining problems with my civic, although I am HIGHLY considering going to a school around my area that offers the Honda Certification program. For those of you who are certified, was it worth it? Do you like it? Did it show you everything you needed to know? Also, I have heard that if you have ANY tickets/accidents on your driving record, you cannot work at a Honda dealership (meaning your driving record must be clean). Thanks everyone who responds.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uh never heard ne thing about the driving record thing. But i think i know more than my local honda mechanics. Ive went to them about a few problems and they wouldnt even touch my car.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:37 PM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uh never heard ne thing about the driving record thing. But i think i know more than my local honda mechanics. Ive went to them about a few problems and they wouldnt even touch my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah that's the truth,if you have a swap they won't want to work on it.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone a Certified Honda Mechanic? (SlammedSi00)

Hmmm... That wasn't really my question. But my main concern is do you need a clean driving record? I have 1 minor ticket (failing to yield) and I would hope that would not impair me to follow my dream.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:42 PM

they worked on another guys car i know and he had the B18C1 in there. and they were replacing a headgasket. kinda pissed me off. and all i wanted was a valve adjustment done.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Pooping on children

it is somewhat true about the driving record you are allowed 2 points. i have worked at heritage honda in towson md for about 8 months and i love it. i got the job and then they paid me to go to school to become honda certified. although i do agree with jdmlifestyle, many of the guys there work on minivans and crvs all day, and are not familiar with the tuning side of hondas. 95%of hondas that come in are completely stock 4% are riced out and 1% actually are relatively clean cars that are swapped or boosted.

oh and i love my job
Old 08-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Pooping on children

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

we have never turned away anyone for having a swapped car. we just need to know what specs to adjust the valves to or what year and what car the motor came from
Old 08-26-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Anyone a Certified Honda Mechanic? (BADEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BADEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it is somewhat true about the driving record you are allowed 2 points. i have worked at heritage honda in towson md for about 8 months and i love it. i got the job and then they paid me to go to school to become honda certified. although i do agree with jdmlifestyle, many of the guys there work on minivans and crvs all day, and are not familiar with the tuning side of hondas. 95%of hondas that come in are completely stock 4% are riced out and 1% actually are relatively clean cars that are swapped or boosted.

oh and i love my job </TD></TR></TABLE>

I could careless about what kind of Honda I work on, a Honda is a Honda to me, and I love them. How many "points" would my ticket be (failing to yield)? Are you aware of dealerships that don't allow you to have ANY tickets or what not?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Pooping on children

i know my dealer allows two points. the only job i can think of that requires a clean driving record is if you need your CDL. your ticket would probably only be a point
Old 08-26-2004, 08:02 PM

I was just looking into this today and the dealerships around seattle only require that you have a valid drivers licensem, proof of inusurablity, and must be willing to have a drug test.
Nothing about having a spotless driving record.
I hope this is the case all over, and good luck with following your dream.

Oh all of this info is in regards to the Honda PACT program, which is what im guessing your talking about.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Anyone a Certified Honda Mechanic? (CarsCarsCars)

they need you to have a good driving record to be insure. technicians need to be insured for test drives. one accident and don't even bother looking at a job in any dealership.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone a Certified Honda Mechanic? (bigxclumzy)

I worked at Willams Honda in Hampton, Va, back in 6-00/7-01. I was not a tech but got the job changing oil and tires. I have several ticket in my background(speeding, wreckless driving, unsafe lane change, following emergency vehicle to close, etc..). It was never questioned on the interview process. The real techs that worked there were only interested in what the books payed for jobs. They tended to not work on swapped cars. Any car that had so much as in intake/header, or exhaust they wouldnt do warranty work on. It was stupid, but thats the way they ran the show. Once you do have a couple month under your belt, the faster you crank the cars out the more $$ you make. Perks of the job were driving the S2K when it came out. Besides the new S2K, Honda cars are not focused in performance like they used to be. Back in 00 when the B16 was still in the Si & the Prelude had the H22 life was great working there. Now you have the Element, Oddysey- esque Si, and the "new" civic. Lots to look forward to there. But *thumb up* to any one who enjoys working at a dealership like I did. The Military pulled the plug in that one for me. Working 2 jobs, while trying to stay awake at the other just took its toll on me....