Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings.

I am about to do a bunch or work to my car. I was thinking of replacing the rear trailing arm bushings. I have heard they go bad and cause the Civics handling to get worse. Mine has been getting worse lately. I found the bushings for $29.95 a set from http://WWW.upgrademotoring.com. I was wondering if anyone recommends them. Thanks
Old 01-27-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings. (CRITTERMATT)

ttt
Old 01-27-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings. (CRITTERMATT)

bump
Old 01-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

there was a thread in the autox/roadracing forum about this... the ES bushings allegedly cause the suspension not to travel properly under severe driving..

Many have said they have them and it doesn't bother them... I believe the majority of the concern is for auto-x'ers and road racers...

I can't find the thread but if you look for long enough you will...

SEARCH.

P.S. If you do decide to buy the ES bushings... I have a set that have never been installed I'll sell you for 15bucks plus shipping.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:31 PM

i have the whole energy suspension hyperflex system, i just have to find my wheel lock key and some time to start putting them in.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slimstajimsta5)

I have the masterkit installed... aside from the REALLY crappy tierod end boots It's GREAT... I LOVE IT...

It made as much improvment on handling on my civic as eibach pro-kit springs and kyb struts made on my last car...

People are CONSTANTLY asking my what kind of suspension I have when they're in my car... It's STOCK other than the bushings with 175k+ on it...

I really can't say enough good stuff about the ES master kit... it's a p.i.t.a. to install but imo it's well worth it...

Although a LOT of the autox'rs are saying that they wear out faster than stock rubber which is odd to me... Polyurethane is supposed to be MORE long lasting than rubber from what I know...
Old 01-27-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

thanks that is what i wanted to know. i appreciate it.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:16 PM

i wanna know also. i have the whole master kit on my eg. but the trailing arms were too hard to do so my friend didnt want to do it. i liked it after i installed it drove home on the freeway felt like my car was floating felt very nice. but

i wanna know if i should just install the trailing arm bushings.. my stock bushings are shot to ****. would it make ur car more bouncy with the trailing arm bushings?
Old 02-06-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings. (egturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wanna know also. i have the whole master kit on my eg. but the trailing arms were too hard to do so my friend didnt want to do it. i liked it after i installed it drove home on the freeway felt like my car was floating felt very nice. but

i wanna know if i should just install the trailing arm bushings.. my stock bushings are shot to ****. would it make ur car more bouncy with the trailing arm bushings?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-06-2004, 07:51 PM

bump for answers
Old 02-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my question is are the trailing arms the same as the lca's and lower control arms? i bought some energy suspension for my lca's and they were listed as lower control arm bushings
Old 02-06-2004, 07:57 PM

yes, I had them.
here is the thread you are looking for:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=493789

Go Mugen, or get another stock one.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you should choose your words more carefully. "Floating" on the freeway is a term commonly used to describe a symptom caused by blown struts. It's when you hit a series of mild bumps at high speeds and you lose control of your car. Not criticizing you or anything, just found myself confused. Urethane bushings will make the car very harsh to drive on the street, so I'd expect you to say something more like "felt like running solid steel square tires" or something like that.

Although the trailing bushings alone, or with urethane swaybar bushings, wont harshen the ride at all. I have Prothane bushings in my trailing arms in the main part with stock rubber for the rest. I forgot they were there. Had to have them pressed in by a shop.

Don't forget to grease them up real good. Unless you have the kind that profess that grease isn't necessary.

It has nothing to do with your car's bounciness. That's probably caused by your car being too low on too soft of springs, under dampened or blown struts, too long of bumpstops or too little stroke.

Where did you guys get the full kit urethane bushings installed? That's a lot of work, pressing or burning them all out, totally disassembling the car like that. I envy you.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings. (shaundrake)

^^ sorry i meant its was so smooth that i felt like i was floating i dunno if thats any better lol.. but yeah it took my friend 12 hours long to finish the whole master kit on my eg. hahah it is a bitch to install. but i think imma sell my es ta bushings for mugen or oem. good idea?
Old 02-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the trailing arms werent that hard i did them in my shop class for my friends car..one period 45s mins just got heat the old rubber up scrape that **** out and press the new ones in.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings. (rxchinesekid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rxchinesekid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the trailing arms werent that hard i did them in my shop class for my friends car..one period 45s mins just got heat the old rubber up scrape that **** out and press the new ones in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did the master kit myself in a shop with a press... it's a BITCH... I think it's probobly easier to use a torch to burn out the rubber and then get the rings out with pliers or whatever... although I wouldn't use a saw like some have said... I wouldn't want to mar the inside of the component...

Getting the ES bushings in is easy though you can do it with a vice... You do dis-assemble the entire suspension... but it's worth it IMO... I have NO other suspension mods what so ever... Stock struts and springs on a car with 177k miles on it... People have asked me while driving what kind of suspension I have. The stock suspension is fantastic IMO... it's not race worthy by any stretch but as long as you don't mind the ride hieght it is great.

For the trailing arms I got the ES ones at first but when that thread linked above surfaced I put them on the shelf and got some mugen's... I still haven't installed them yet but they are supposed to be REAL easy to do as you hammer out the whole ring and bushing together... the mugen replaces the ring and bushing unlike the ES urethane replacement... I think the prothane one comes with a shell... but it's solid urethane which is the problem with the ES one...
Old 02-07-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Anybody running Energy Suspension Traling Arm Bushings. (NonovUrbizniz)

imma just use the es ones i have. *** it.