Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anybody have the factory alarm? keyless?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody have the factory alarm? keyless?

I am looking at getting the factory alarm from here:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/civelec00.html

I was going to order it assuming that the alarm does both the alarm and keyless entry but now I'm thinking that, that is an incorrect assumption. It doesn't say anywhere on the site about the alarm also locking and unlocking the doors/trunk. Has anybody ever purchased this unit? What does it control....or is it just the alarm? I've got a 00 Si, if that makes any difference. But as it stands now, my car doesn't have an alarm or keyless. To be honest, I don't even care about the alarm, really I just want the factory keyless but I assumed that in order to get the keyless i'd need the whole alarm kit. Anybody know anything about this crap?
I know I should just email them, but I have done that and they did not respond to my email. Which is kind of annoying.
Ideally, I'd like the doors and trunk to be controlled from the remote and thats it. I'm not really into aftermarket alarms and stuff like that so I'm trying to stay away from that. I figure that an alarm isn't going to stop a theif from stealing my car so thats really just a waste of money.
Any info on the subject is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody have the factory alarm? keyless? (Raocorp)

It's just an alarm. They are expecting your car to already be keyless ready (that's why they say remote operation isn't possible with the CX and DX).

Your Si should already have keyless entry, just not an alarm. Do you not have the remote?

If you don't have the remote, you can just run down to your local dealership and pick one up.

EDIT: Doh! Just noticed you are from Canada, so when you say Si you mean EX. I don't know if the Canadian Si came standard with keyless, but the both the US's EX and Si (your SiR) came with keyless standard. Either way it still shouldn't be an issue, worst case - you have to buy that keyless kit underneath the alarm.
Old 05-10-2003, 03:55 PM

Default Re: anybody have the factory alarm? keyless? (Milano_EH3)

ok well....actually, I have an SiR, so thats the same as your Si.
Anyway, my car didn't come with the remotes.....so what you are saying is, my car is allready equipped with a keyless system and all I have to do is purchase the remotes from honda and program them?
are you sure of this? how do I go about programming them?

The thing is....its going to cost me double shipping if the alarm isn't want I want. And really, I don't even want the alarm. All I really want is the keyless. IMO alarms don't do jack. As far as I know, the only differeces between the US and Canadian Si/SiR's was the fact that the Canadian cars had ABS and heated mirrors. So there is a good chance that all I really need is a remote.

Does anybody else have any opinions?
Old 05-10-2003, 03:59 PM

my EG got a factory alarm, it sucks ***......dont know about the newer ones thought
Old 05-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here in the USA, the keyless reciever is partof the audio unit. If you have the stock radio, all you need is a remote. I don't know if it's different in Canada though, eh.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:46 PM

Default Re: anybody have the factory alarm? keyless? (Chiovnidca)

anybody know how to program the remote when I get it? I hope the dealer has them instock, I'm going to get one tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Raocorp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anybody know how to program the remote when I get it? I hope the dealer has them instock, I'm going to get one tomorrow.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Turn key on, press remote button, turn key off, repeat 3 or 4 times until the door locks cycle,then if you have a second remote press a button on it and turn the key off.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chiovnidca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here in the USA, the keyless reciever is partof the audio unit. If you have the stock radio, all you need is a remote. I don't know if it's different in Canada though, eh. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have 95 del sol. my stock audio is keyless receiver?

if not, can i buy newer stock audio and remote? what years and models' audio is keyless receiver built-in?
Old 05-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody have the factory alarm? keyless? (bearboy80)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bearboy80 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if not, can i buy newer stock audio and remote? what years and models' audio is keyless receiver built-in?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't know. 96-00 Civics have it.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chiovnidca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I don't know. 96-00 Civics have it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so 92-95's audios do not have receiver built-in. Do 96-00's audios of any model have built-in or EX, HX, SI only?

and if i get Acura audio and put it into my del sol, do i need any harness conversion? I want to get acura remote. they look better. just my opinion.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chiovnidca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here in the USA, the keyless reciever is partof the audio unit. If you have the stock radio, all you need is a remote. I don't know if it's different in Canada though, eh. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend has 99 si and changed his stock cd player with panasoni cd player. however his keyless entry still works. if the keyless receiver is part of the audio unit, how can his keyless entry still works?
Old 05-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody have the factory alarm? keyless? (bearboy80)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bearboy80 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my friend has 99 si and changed his stock cd player with panasoni cd player. however his keyless entry still works. if the keyless receiver is part of the audio unit, how can his keyless entry still works?</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL, I was wrong. (That's what happens when I think I know it all.) It's only the 96 -98 models that it's part of the audio unit. 99 and 2000 models have a seperate control unit. Hopefully I didn't screw anyone up too bad.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoa, how trippy, I was just asking the same question in the Security Forum.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=502478

Does anyone know if this alarm is worth it?
Old 05-11-2003, 06:21 PM

Default Re: anybody have the factory alarm? keyless? (dgdarien)

ok so now I'm completely lost. I don't know what to get, where to get it, and what I need.

Can anybody shed some light on the subject? I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and ask what I need and what my car comes/came with.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

let me know what you find out, I want to know if this alarm is worth it.