Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anti Sway Bars For A 1992 Civic DX 4door Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti Sway Bars For A 1992 Civic DX 4door Sedan

Does anyone know what stock integra sway bars will bolt on to my civic? I want to get cheap sway bars and I think I can get a set for under $100 if I go with used integra bars. Any suggestions? I am not looking for a race car, just some easy suspension mods to make my car more fun to drive. I have put on some 195/50 R 15 performance tires and wheels and it made a huge difference. What years and models integras will have sway bars that will bolt right onto my 92 civic dx 4door sedan. Any help and advice is appreciated! Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anti Sway Bars For A 1992 Civic DX 4door Sedan (paulworrlein)

we will start with the rear. You are going to need 94-00 integra (All) rear lower control arms, plus sway bar 14mm, brackets, busings, and endlinks. The used rear lcas go for about 60 a pair and the rest depends where you get it from. I have the same car but did a type r 22mm sway bar for the rear. BEST MOD i have done so far. but itll run an extra 100 or so.
For the front you also need the front lower control arms off any 92-95 ex or lx w/ a front sway bar or 94-00 integra (all). These are so that you can mount the bar itself. I again went with the type r 24mm bar.(same as gsr front)Plus the brackets,bushings.
If you decide to with after market, some companies do design them so you dont need to the lower control arms and mount the bar somewhere else.
You sound like you just a slight upgrade so if decide on going with stock integra sway bars front and rear its gonna run anywhere from 125 and up because of the lower lcas. But you can also go with suspen. tech. sway bars but they will cost about a hundred more 225.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Anti Sway Bars For A 1992 Civic DX 4door Sedan (egferio)

Thanks a lot for the info. There are kits (like Eibach) that have front and rear anti sway bars that supposedly fit my car and don't include new control arms. Any comments on those? I also just got a volant cold air intake. I'm hoping it will make a noticeable difference in power. There are all kinds of ecu chips on ebay. I see that you can add a resistor to the airbox to get more power, but I have heard that it isn't good for the longevity of the motor. How about the 20 to 30 dollar chip kits (ebay) that actually go on the ecu and include an upgraded rom chip and secondary chip with sockets, a capacitor, resistor and jumper. Have you had any experience with those? They claim to optimize fuel and ignition curves and increase rev limit. I'm not interested in the higher rev limit, but more power without adverse effects would be great. Are they worth it and how do they affect fuel economy and idle smoothness, etc? What about other cheap engine mods like an underdrive pulley? I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Anti Sway Bars For A 1992 Civic DX 4door Sedan (paulworrlein)

I installed the chip and was surprised to find that it really made a difference. It took me hours to desolder the board and solder the new chips in, but there is a difference that I can feel! I also installed the volant CAI and I really like the small boost in power but I'm not excited about how loud it made my car. I had a K&N fipk2 on my toyota 4X4 and it helped power and only made it a little bit louder. The voland on my honda is so loud that people turn and look when I floor it. Not what I wanted. I wonder if I can make a platic housing for it to quiet it down some? I like the "sleeper" factor in a car and the sound of that intake isn't helping. I installed an ebay $8.00 short shifter yesterday and am very pleased with the results. It was also fairly easy to install (1 hour). Not only are the shifts shorter but the new bushings and bearing plus an extra tight turn of the wrench made the shift feel like a new car again! My next project is to fit the car with at least one anti sway bar, maybe a kit of front and rear, but I'll have to save up for that...

Modified by paulworrlein at 5:30 AM 4/2/2004