Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Another Litterbox Suspension Install Question - Still Work in Progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Litterbox Suspension Install Question - Still Work in Progress

Hey,

The picture displayed below is of my rear KYB AGX and H&R sport spring combo.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg

As you can see there is alot of threaded shaft there. It seems like it's way too long. This pic was taken when the car was on jackstands. My question is: Is this much shock shaft normal? it doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Another Litterbox Suspension Install Question - Still Work in Progress (litterbox)

OK new problem. I put wheels on the car and lowered it and now so much of the shock rod sticks through the top part inside the car. Why?
Old 01-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you forgot the kyb collars ma man! put them on and your car will rest on them, preventing the rods from goin all the way up.

On mine i put the kyb collars on, and then the stock collars on top of that, cause the kyb collars are madd small (diameter)

*edit: also i think there is a huge washer that goes on them too it says "this side up" maybe thats just my setup, not sure if it came with the kyb's or the gc coils

It goes topside (under the nut) while the collars go bottomside (under the car, just past where the threading ends)
Old 01-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: Another Litterbox Suspension Install Question - Still Work in Progress (litterbox)

Ok I think you're right turbotime. I did put the kyb collars on (the really small ones) but I didn't put on the stock collars (the longer ones that are right above the dust cover on the stock shocks. The dust cover, big washer, and long coller were all rusted together so I didn't use any of that stuff.

I need to get that long collar from honda tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:21 PM

my konis came with new collars and the rod was too thick for the oem ones to fit over the konis
Old 01-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i kno for a fact the oem fit on the kyb, get them and youshould be all set

I mean it should work with just the kyb collars, but on mine i rememebr as soon as we put them on with just kyb collars, we went out driving... the rear struts pushed the little metal insert thru the upper rubb grommet, and becuase the kyb collars are so small they went right thru as well. So basically i drove home at 5mph with the rear of the car resting on bump stops and the strut bars stickin like a foot into my trunk

oem collars should do ya, or just some large washers from ace hardware