Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Another Engine Under my Belt

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Engine Under my Belt

Yes its true. I have yet again blown another Honda motor. But this time is different. I have blown motors before but only 2 of them have actually put a hole in the block. My 1st motor in my 95 240 and now my 1st ( i know not my last ) B-series in my civic. I have blown 7 engines in the past 5 years. 2 of them being Nissan and this is my 5th yes my 5th Honda engine. Oh well time to start over again. Here are the pics enjoy!!!
Here it is just after getting put it:

And another:

I just like this pic:

And here it is now:

Hello... just by the lower torque bracket where A.C and P.S use to be

oh well
Old 01-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

How did you blow it?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Davis Photography

^ x2. was it driver error? you've blown alot up.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoffer)

it looks like the rod bolts snapped. i know thats a problem with ls's but truthfully im not sure. That 1 cylinder started sounding bad i could hear the bearings going so i was talking to my boy while i was driving telling him i know im gonna need bearings soon. so the plan was to just drive it home tear it apart and rebuild but it didn't make it that far lol. I just tried to baby it home and "POOF" car fills up with smoke. There is a trail about a half a mile down the road i was on and a hell of a oil spot where i stopped
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM

Default Re: (DrewMD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ltrkstr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have blown 7 engines in the past 5 years.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf is wrong with you?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im gonna try and pull it 1 day this week and see exactly what happened i hope. and yeah i have blown alot up. some of them was from driver error others were just bad luck i guess
Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MilanoCivic97)

Sounds like you like to race around a lot!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ltrkstr2k)

i dont race around alot. and by blown i don't mean completly blow up. I have spun bearings in my 240 due to a small oil leak and drifting lol. then i had deatination playing with my old safc so there went the 240. snapped the timing belt in my 92 accord and bent 8 valves so there went that 1st motor. so i got another F22 built the head up never changed the oil pump so boom there goes them bearings due to oil failure. then i snapped the timing belt in my 91 teg bent 2 valves there goes another 1. I really beat on my y8 kinda and spun them bearings and totally destroyed the crank plus playing around with the vafc didn't help. and now this
Old 01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn how the hell do you blow that many motors. Either you need to learn now to drive or your getting your motors from the wrong place. I have driven the **** outa my b18 for 2 years plus and its still begs for more. I takes alot to blow engines.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JeffBro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffBro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn how the hell do you blow that many motors. Either you need to learn now to drive or your getting your motors from the wrong place. I have driven the **** outa my b18 for 2 years plus and its still begs for more. I takes alot to blow engines. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i know how to drive lol. i put alot of miles on my cars. i drive about 50 miles 1 way to work so that takes a toll on my cars too. like i said some of it has been from me playing around but not all of it. lol plus i would get bored if i never had anything to break and fix
Old 01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ltrkstr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont race around alot. and by blown i don't mean completly blow up. I have spun bearings in my 240 due to a small oil leak and <U>drifting</U> lol. then i had deatination playing with my old safc so there went the 240. snapped the timing belt in my 92 accord and bent 8 valves so there went that 1st motor. so i got another F22 built the head up never changed the oil pump so boom there goes them bearings due to oil failure. then i snapped the timing belt in my 91 teg bent 2 valves there goes another 1. I really beat on my y8 kinda and spun them bearings and totally destroyed the crank plus playing around with the vafc didn't help. and now this </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry, but you deserve every ounce of bad luck you are getting if you are drifting any car ever...
Old 01-13-2008, 09:35 PM

Default Re: (Dasfinc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ltrkstr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont race around alot. and by blown i don't mean completly blow up. I have spun bearings in my 240 due to a small oil leak and drifting lol. then i had deatination playing with my old safc so there went the 240. snapped the timing belt in my 92 accord and bent 8 valves so there went that 1st motor. so i got another F22 built the head up never changed the oil pump so boom there goes them bearings due to oil failure. then i snapped the timing belt in my 91 teg bent 2 valves there goes another 1. I really beat on my y8 kinda and spun them bearings and totally destroyed the crank plus playing around with the vafc didn't help. and now this </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like you need to pay more attention to your cars and do things right the first time.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Another Engine Under my Belt (ltrkstr2k)

Theres no excuse to blow that many motors when i put together a LS with a head and a block from 2 different cars with unknown mileage. I have tacked on 100k beating the **** out of it daily, still runs 200 across all cylinders and doesn't smoke.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MilanoCivic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sounds like you need to pay more attention to your cars and do things right the first time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Preventative maintenance does alot.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Another Engine Under my Belt (De_tour)

crazy holes on those blocks huh.. Isnt your car a EJ6 not a EJ8. I just read it on the valve cover but, if thats just me.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (JeffBro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffBro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need to learn now to drive</TD></TR></TABLE>
Indeed.

I've driven hundreds of thousands of miles and never blown an engine. My last D16A6 had 261,000 miles on it and I took it to the track regularly. However, I treated it with respect - I didn't overrev it and I always kept up on the maintenance. It burned oil but I checked the sump level regularly and kept it full.

Go easy on your equipment and you won't have to waste precious money and time replacing it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ltrkstr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont race around alot. and by blown i don't mean completly blow up. I have spun bearings in my 240 due to a small oil leak and drifting lol. then i had deatination playing with my old safc so there went the 240. snapped the timing belt in my 92 accord and bent 8 valves so there went that 1st motor. so i got another F22 built the head up never changed the oil pump so boom there goes them bearings due to oil failure. then i snapped the timing belt in my 91 teg bent 2 valves there goes another 1. I really beat on my y8 kinda and spun them bearings and totally destroyed the crank plus playing around with the vafc didn't help. and now this </TD></TR></TABLE>
So in other words, you never check the oil in any of your cars, you never change the timing belts, and you dicker around with the ECU when you have no clue as to what you're doing.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it looks like the rod bolts snapped. i know thats a problem with ls's but truthfully im not sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's only a problem when you're overrevving it past 7200 . . .
Old 01-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Targa250R)

damn
Old 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90datech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go easy on your equipment and you won't have to waste precious money and time replacing it.
So in other words, you never check the oil in any of your cars, you never change the timing belts, and you dicker around with the ECU when you have no clue as to what you're doing.
It's only a problem when you're overrevving it past 7200 . . .</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey honestly i can say i did play around with my safc and the vafc but that was a long time ago.Thats how you learn trial and error. I have had alot of trials and just as many errors. Timing belts have always been changed the belt on this motor was changed before we ever started it in this car. Oil is always checked and so is the oil changes/maintnance
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PinoyDelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">crazy holes on those blocks huh.. Isnt your car a EJ6 not a EJ8. I just read it on the valve cover but, if thats just me. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Nah its a EJ8 ( 97 civic Ex 2dr )
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dasfinc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm sorry, but you deserve every ounce of bad luck you are getting if you are drifting any car ever...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Man I was into drifting way before the drift wagon came around. I always did it in a controlled place and away from the public streets.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MilanoCivic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sounds like you need to pay more attention to your cars and do things right the first time.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey your right. The accord deal i didn't wanna do. that was before i had confidence in doing my own swaps didn't know anything about hondas and the only place around to do a H22 for me gave me the run around so oh well.
Like I always say....... Buy It....Build It.....Blow It.........Start Over again
Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ltrkstr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man I was into drifting way before the drift wagon came around. I always did it in a controlled place and away from the public streets.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you started drifting when you got your lisence? Drifting is just power sliding, its been done since the 1900's when the first cars started rolling off assembly lines, it became a 'sport' if you want to call it that in recent years.

"Drifting started in Japan approximately 10 years ago. Today, drifting is so accepted and popular that drivers have become recognized celebrities.

In time, drifting evolved into an officially sanctioned sport called the D1 Grand Prix in which top Japanese professional drivers compete in a series of events to determine the best drifter. Amateur drifting events take place in Europe, Australia and now in the U.S., but the D1 Grand Prix remains the only pro drifting series in the world."

Unless its professional drifting on a track my opinion is that its in no way 'cool' its just dangerous and stupid no matter where you are doing it, there is always a chance of someone being there.

Drifting usually entails holding a car at redline for long periods of time, what did you think would happen to your motor, it would give birth to kittens out the tail pipe, smell like roses, and run for a million miles?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if I would be proud of blowing that many engines in that short of time... I think it says something about how you treat your cars.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

p.s/mental note----------dont buy used car from this guy lol
Old 01-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Default Re: (1stgenboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1stgenboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">p.s/mental note----------dont buy used car from this guy lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol for real...
Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've never heard of anyone having "bad luck" with a well built Honda engine. It seems like you're just making mistakes while building them.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MilanoCivic97)

wtf is wrong with you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think its his fault. I would blame it on those sweet rims!

Props for rocking those fugly as wheels.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (wernhersey)

two words why....... driver.......errors........
Old 01-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dasfinc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Drifting usually entails holding a car at redline for long periods of time, what did you think would happen to your motor, it would give birth to kittens out the tail pipe, smell like roses, and run for a million miles?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO!

Those look like Supra rims....smaller, blacker, Supra rims...

Quick Reply: Another Engine Under my Belt