Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Another brake/suspension problem, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another brake/suspension problem, please help.

Ok here's the story. My brother's car was super low when he bought it (bilstein shocks and hr coilovers i believe.) It rubbed the fenders every time we turn completely to either side. He decided to raise it up but now there's a creaking sound coming from the driver front suspension area before the car come to a complete stop.

What could this be? The car has only 60K on it and the brakes are very new. It only started happening after the car was raised which is very weird.

Could it be his shock is blown because this set up was very crappy, we had to hammer the coilover sleeves for a while for it to come loose to adjust the height haha. But shock can't squeak and why would it squeak only when braking.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another brake/suspension problem, please help.

Any help please?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NMBB6
Ok here's the story. My brother's car was super low when he bought it (bilstein shocks and hr coilovers i believe.) It rubbed the fenders every time we turn completely to either side. He decided to raise it up but now there's a creaking sound coming from the driver front suspension area before the car come to a complete stop.

What could this be? The car has only 60K on it and the brakes are very new. It only started happening after the car was raised which is very weird.

Could it be his shock is blown because this set up was very crappy, we had to hammer the coilover sleeves for a while for it to come loose to adjust the height haha. But shock can't squeak and why would it squeak only when braking.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
Here recently I changed my ride height when I swapped from my AGX/GC setup to my S2 Pro-S's

It was my upper control arm bushings. Have no clue why. But i'm gonna change them out to polyurethane cause the stockers are done for.

But you could have a blown strut. Hearing as how "dumped" it was. The struts werent designed to ride that compressed all the time. Jack the car up and see if theres some kind of oily fluid around the top of the strut where the piston protrudes.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm... Control arm bushing that's an interesting one, I may have to check that. As far as the shocks, I do need to replace them soon but I don't think they're blown yet.