Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Annoying Driverside leak issue(92 civic)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying Driverside leak issue(92 civic)

Okay so I have a mat over the carpet and if I lift the mat it shows that there was water under the carpet...it is wet...This is only on the driver front side and I look under the carpet and there is no water...But the carpet is wet. The mat is not causing the problem it is dry I even keep the mat off for a couple days and the water that soaked on the carpet stays there..Is there a plug under the driver side of the car that needs to be replaced? Anyone have had this issue....your help would be appreciated..:wacko:

Its a dx no sunroof..

Heres a snapshot of what im talking about to help..

I changed my weatherstripping along the door...could it be tubes clogged on roof or is that only people with sunroofs..

Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Annoying Driverside leak issue(92 civic)

If it's the grommets do you know exactly where I believe they are fine though..I saw two of them and no water near them..Its not puddling under my carpet it just absorbs it coming from somewhere...Door sash would have an effect on this?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A buddy of mine had the same problem on the passenger side of his DX coupe. It ended up being water that came in through the door. It's been a long time since he had the car so I can't remember what he did about it, but you may need to sit in the car while someone hoses it down with a pressure washer to see if you can find the source.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civicgsr
A buddy of mine had the same problem on the passenger side of his DX coupe. It ended up being water that came in through the door. It's been a long time since he had the car so I can't remember what he did about it, but you may need to sit in the car while someone hoses it down with a pressure washer to see if you can find the source.
Okay I will use a hose and will watch it with a friend...hmm I know passenger sides when there is a leak its from the heatercore so I hope thats not with what your talking about..but if it is water I will test it...There is a molding that goes along the door jam..I changed that too..both times I think water slightly drips through it..hmm anything?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There is a drain that goes from the bottom of the windshield to the ground. This drain gets clogged easy and causes this problem. I cant remember where exactly it is but it is in the lower corners of the windshield.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by marc100
Okay I will use a hose and will watch it with a friend...hmm I know passenger sides when there is a leak its from the heatercore so I hope thats not with what your talking about..but if it is water I will test it...There is a molding that goes along the door jam..I changed that too..both times I think water slightly drips through it..hmm anything?
It wasn't the heater core or the evaporator. Water was following the inside of the door and getting in around the holes near the speaker...all of this is on the inside of the weather seal. It was fairly crazy as I've never heard of a problem like that before.

Anyway, I like davefromPA said as a possibility. Either way, have someone help you spray the car down.

(Edited member name...)

Last edited by civicgsr; 03-11-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by davefromPA
There is a drain that goes from the bottom of the windshield to the ground. This drain gets clogged easy and causes this problem. I cant remember where exactly it is but it is in the lower corners of the windshield.
Okay and that drain is behind the cowl? or the windshield molding on the side?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civicgsr
It wasn't the heater core or the evaporator. Water was following the inside of the door and getting in around the holes near the speaker...all of this is on the inside of the weather seal. It was fairly crazy as I've never heard of a problem like that before.

Anyway, I like marc100 said as a possibility. Either way, have someone help you spray the car down.
ya thanks will do!