Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Amazing electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing electrical problems

*I'm venting, if you don't wanna read my complaining scroll down to my astric (or however you spell that word)*

So I buy a car sight unseen becuase it seemed like a decent deal and I decided that I was spending too much time looking for a car. Plus I was out of state and where I'm at not there are NO Honda's at all..

Anyways, I finally get to work on it this weekend. The story the guy gave me was that some thieves broke into the car and pulled/cut some wires out and thats why it won't start.. "Fair enough, I'll be able to fix it without many problems" I mistakenly say to myself.

So I need to strip the entire interior so I can put my black interior in it, and I need to put in my roll bar, RSX seats, and a whole lot of other ****.

All was good until I took out the carpet. "Wow" is all I could say. There are wires everywhere, lots of speaker wire for things that are not speakers, on top of that there could be a six foot section of wire that has four seperate pieces to it... Just twisted together, this guy is a complete idiot...

I look under the dash adn it recieved the exact same treatment, a rats nest of wires that made NO sence.. I've always went with "OEM wires are happy wires" train of thought, not this guy, I don't know what he was trying to do.

Anyways, I put my new dash in and try and start it, guess what??!?! thats right, it won't start, no spark and no fuel, the starter works though and turns over. I changed out the main relay with my other car and it makes no difference, there is no spark, the fuel pump doesn't prime, and the main relay doesn't click...... I swapped out with other car and it doesn't work either.

Does anyone know where I could even start? I simply can't figure this problem out. Also, the check engine light stays on and if I jump the service connector it just stays on, no flashes for me.....

95 civic
93 civic dash (with 93 dash wires)
b16 swap
p72 ecu (I have two of these and checked with both)

I think I might pull the AC stuff tomorrow and change the entire floor harness with my wrecked car, along with the steering column and everything else, this is rediculous...

Note: I pulled the SRS unit with all of the wires, could that cause my car not to work?!?!?!? I haven't done any reasearch on removing an SRS unit, I just did it becuase I won't have airbags.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Amazing electrical problems (kuja396)

Anything, I don't even know where to begin... No spark, no fuel, main relay seems to not be "clicking"