Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Am I Spoon Crazy!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I Spoon Crazy!?

So yeah just recently I was browsing through a spoon sports catolog and I want to buy alot of spoon parts lol.. I think It fits me well because drag racing isn't all I do.
so wat do you guys think Is it worth or it or not? To me Spoon Sports sells very high quality parts..IDK call me crazy but this list below is going to run me as much as a turbo kit.. lol ..

Car 99 Civic Si B16A Motor.

1.Spoon Sports Steering Wheel. $325
2. Spoon Sports Shif **** $75
3. Spoon Sports Carbon Fiber hood. $1100
4. Rota Slips cheap alt to the spoon wheels.. $850/with tires.
5. Spoon Sports Decals $18 each. Rear windsheild and crane only.
6. Spoon Front Windsheild Banner. $60
7. Spoon Sports 4-2-1 Header. $930
8. Spoon Sports N1 muffler. $350
9. Spoon Resevoir Cover's. $20 each
10. Spoon Oil Cover cap. $80
11. spoon kelver spark plug cover $125.

total around 3900

money isn't a issue so what do you guys think?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (B16_racer87)

with the prices on that list you can buy a turbo and still have money left over. but of coarse building a N/A is always pricer than a turbo set up. spoons mentality behind N/A motors are a well balance. i do agree they do make very good quality products, but if your rich or can buy parts when the money is available then i say more power to you.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

******* stupid
/ turbo car
Old 08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldn't buy the parts...if you say money isn't a problem...go ahead and buy them...cuz after all you spent there your still gonna need to do more engine mods/interior mods/exterior mods...if you got the money do it...if not work on your motor bro...
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (lowryder227)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lowryder227 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">******* stupid
/ turbo car</TD></TR></TABLE>

it isn't stupid! i enjoy reading and looking at turbo setups, but i will never go turbo.

fug turbo! psh, psh, thats all they do.. If I were to turbo I whould do a full race kit in a hatch so it can run 9's.. but thats not my thing.. I'm fine with a car that has speed. balance, and power
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they do more than "psh psh"
it is call forced induction
read up on it and you will relize they do more than "psh psh"
a drag kit will do "psh psh " to so in both ways you just contridicted your self so stfu and gtfo
Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lowryder227 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they do more than "psh psh"
it is call forced induction
read up on it and you will relize they do more than "psh psh"
a drag kit will do "psh psh " to so in both ways you just contridicted your self so stfu and gtfo</TD></TR></TABLE>

I take it your anti-N/A.. no hard feelings on turbo lol just not on my honda
Old 08-11-2006, 03:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16_racer87 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
1.Spoon Sports Steering Wheel. $325 -not stupid
2. Spoon Sports Shif **** $75 -not stupid
3. Spoon Sports Carbon Fiber hood. $1100 -stupid, can buy a very good quality cf hood for much cheaper
4. Rota Slips cheap alt to the spoon wheels.. $850/with tires. -not stupid
5. Spoon Sports Decals $18 each. Rear windsheild and crane only. -IMO stupid
6. Spoon Front Windsheild Banner. $60 -IMO stupid
7. Spoon Sports 4-2-1 Header. $930 -not stupid
8. Spoon Sports N1 muffler. $350 -not stupid
9. Spoon Resevoir Cover's. $20 each -meh, it's not a lot of $ so it could go either way
10. Spoon Oil Cover cap. $80 -stupid
11. spoon kelver spark plug cover $125. -not functional but I think it looks hot, not stupid </TD></TR></TABLE>

Those are just my opinions. I figure if the parts are functional then it isn't a waste because Spoon is a very good company.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16_racer87 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Car 99 Civic Si B16A Motor.

2. Spoon Sports Shif **** $75
5. Spoon Sports Decals $18 each. Rear windsheild and crane only.
8. Spoon Sports N1 muffler. $350
9. Spoon Resevoir Cover's. $20 each (set of 2 for $15)

</TD></TR></TABLE>
total around 3900

all that stuff and can't afford the real Spoon wheels what happend with "Money isn't a issue"

Stickers Add Up 100 HP... good luck
Old 08-11-2006, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (Tuesdaynightfever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuesdaynightfever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Those are just my opinions. I figure if the parts are functional then it isn't a waste because Spoon is a very good company.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you finally a helpfull person on HT... yea ur right about the CF hood.. I might even get a cheaper header.. comptech make a good header for the B16 for like 600.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't get me wrong! I love Spoon Sports !

Spoon
Old 08-11-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (Harryflores)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
total around 3900

all that stuff and can't afford the real Spoon wheels what happend with "Money isn't a issue"

Stickers Add Up 100 HP... good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol well I got about 5K I can spend on mods... but IMOP the slips are just as good as the spoon wheels... I whould rather get the Brake calipers... hmmm I should add that to the list.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (Harryflores)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16_racer87 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank you finally a helpfull person on HT... yea ur right about the CF hood.. I might even get a cheaper header.. comptech make a good header for the B16 for like 600.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem. I was actually going to suggest finding a cheaper or even a used Spoon header.

About the rims, I don't see a problem with getting the Rota's because they are light, good quality, and affordable. I know money isn't an issue, but if you aren't getting much more than the name why pay the crazy price difference?

P.S. I hope I didn't start another Real vs. Fake war
Old 08-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol well I got about 5K I can spend on mods... but IMOP the slips are just as good as the spoon wheels... I whould rather get the Brake calipers... hmmm I should add that to the list.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you have money, buy what you want. more power to you.

my tip to you, dont ever go into the business world.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: (bmoua)

buy it if u think u want it, do not by big *** spoon stickers tho... well i guess its ur car. but all those clean parts and fat *** stickers... no to JDM lol
Old 08-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B16_racer87
removing your srs system is illegal let alone you'll be dropped from your insurance company in an accident if they find out. could be financial nightmare. besides if its not the yellow version button (old spoon wheel) it aint worth it.

2. Spoon Sports Shift **** $75
compared to the '00+ itr or jdm shift ***** in shift feels better, get the skunk2 if you cant find the titanium itr ****.

nice but things fade over time especially in the sun, let alone your hood will get nicks from road debris. i do like the new hoods, they come with a special green serialized # yea!!!

lol $'s no issue. what happened here???? the wheels are worth it. the wheels you actually get what you pay for. you could also get some evo's (cheaper) stripped them then anodized them. thats what i did.

5. Spoon Sports Decals $18 each. Rear windsheild and crane
stickers??? kids play with stickers spend it on something else

get a mugen 4-1 instead

8. Spoon Sports N1 muffler. $350.
the new ones are a shiney bling factor. booo find a 1st gen N1 instead

9. Spoon Resevoir Cover's. $20 each
bah... socks belong in your dresser draw not in your engine compartment

the mugen 1st gen is nicer..

overtime it will crack and fade due to the heat of the engine area. then you will just complain later, who needs that..

and you forgot
#12. spoon kevlar elbow for the intake...
dont waste your money on that either... it snaps off after awhile... very poor and thin design...

just teasing....

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1370426

Modified by cxSHOE at 9:46 PM 8/13/2006
Old 08-11-2006, 04:45 PM

YAY lets spend money to amke the car look fast as expletive and put in at around 160 WHP super cool!!!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (cxSHOE)

For $1100 I'd rather have T1 make me a header w/burns ss321 and both their knowledge poured into the design. Same thing for the muffler, I'd go with a burns ultralight. The rest is mainly appearance bling, something I'm not into. I'd rather get a built LS block, since b16's are gutless (even modded), esp. if its in that pig of a car - assuming you don't gut it. I'd also put a few hundred into suspension, namely $1k for springs/shocks/sway/sway-reinforcement.

I'd assume you already have a good $800 into security?? If not, the decals alone are a contract for theft...

In the end its your car & cash, but just beware - most appearance guys either go the performance route...or get out of hondas. You could spend half as much on some other cars and get twice the girl/ricer/internet-racer panty-drop power. Yes, <U>ricers wear panties.</U>
Old 08-11-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
removing your srs system is illegal let alone you'll be dropped from your insurance company in an accident if they find out. could be financial nightmare. besides if its not the yellow version button (old spoon wheel) it aint worth it.

compared to the '00+ itr or jdm shift ***** in shift feels better, get the skunk2 if you cant find the titanium itr ****.

nice but things fade over time especially in the sun, let alone your hood will get nicks from road debris. i do like the new hoods, they come with a special green serialized # yea!!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p...2.jpg

lol $'s no issue. what happened here???? the wheels are worth it. the wheels you actually get what you pay for. you could also get some evo's (cheaper) stripped them then anodized them. thats what i did.

stickers??? kids play with stickers spend it on something else

get a mugen 4-1 instead

the new ones are a shiney bling factor. booo find a 1st gen N1 instead

bah... socks belong in your dresser draw not in your engine compartment

the mugen 1st gen is nicer..

overtime it will crack and fade due to the heat of the engine area. then you will just complain later, who needs that..

and you forgot
dont waste your money on that either... it snaps off after awhile... very poor and thin design...

just teasing....

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1370426

</TD></TR></TABLE>

damm your right about the steering wheel.. Where can I get a Spoon Sports Gague cluster that reads in MPH? I plan lose some weight lol try to bring weight down to 2650 with me in It. How loud is the spoon n1 muffler? is it ok below 3k? I don't care if It's loud when I push It.. but It must not be too loud for DD.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: (coupe99vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coupe99vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YAY lets spend money to amke the car look fast as expletive and put in at around 160 WHP super cool!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

spoon sports dosen't drag race.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

turbos dont go psssh pssshh...its the stupid guy behind the wheel...haha...when a turbo car trys to intimidate me with his ***-got ***....psssh...i give him the BAP...BAP..BAP....SPOON SHIET IS TIGHT...but not necessarily the best performing stuff...read up on what parts work and what parts dont...i would put a Comptech intake...spoon headers and whatever to keep the jdm thing going which is stealth and as much oem parts as possible
Old 08-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (HiProfile)

not to be a hater but a b16 isnt the best motor to have as a drag car or circuit racing..the head is good but if you intentions are to stay N/A why not upgrade your bottom end so you have more torque..pretty much any bottom end would be a noticable torque improvement..if you not into forced induction i would look into my advice..
as for the whole SPOON pile of parts you are planning on getting .. i would do more research on parts that will give you noticable hp gain and also make your motor cleaner.. just because its spoon doesnt mean another company doesnt have equal or better parts availible..be more open minded..

ohh and one more thing.. you live right here near me in union county nj.. cars get stolen everyday.. i can relate to this personally..so hope your car is secure with the most updated security.. dont take the risk of losing your whip..all someone needs is 2 minutes.. a screw driver.... and a tire iron and your shyt is GONE!!..

GOOD LUCK..and make healther decisions before you start buying anything
Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Am I Spoon Crazy!? (87shytwhip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 87shytwhip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not to be a hater but a b16 isnt the best motor to have as a drag car or circuit racing..the head is good but if you intentions are to stay N/A why not upgrade your bottom end so you have more torque..pretty much any bottom end would be a noticable torque improvement..if you not into forced induction i would look into my advice..
as for the whole SPOON pile of parts you are planning on getting .. i would do more research on parts that will give you noticable hp gain and also make your motor cleaner.. just because its spoon doesnt mean another company doesnt have equal or better parts availible..be more open minded..

ohh and one more thing.. you live right here near me in union county nj.. cars get stolen everyday.. i can relate to this personally..so hope your car is secure with the most updated security.. dont take the risk of losing your whip..all someone needs is 2 minutes.. a screw driver.... and a tire iron and your shyt is GONE!!..

GOOD LUCK..and make healther decisions before you start buying anything
</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice to see someone close by I only take my car out when it's nice and I park smart. I'm buying another DD.. and an EF hatch .. eh so the Si will just be used for auto-x and open track day's. yes ur very right about the B16.. it's a 1.6 I kno..that's why i'm only building the head and leaving the rest stock. I will be picking up a GSR block in the near future.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:02 PM

I hope you're happy with your $3900 in parts because my $1000 homemade turbo system will leave you behind.....but your car will still look better.....oh well

Quick Reply: Am I Spoon Crazy!?