Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Allow me to introduce myself...need ideas for my $100 95 Civic CX

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allow me to introduce myself...need ideas for my $100 95 Civic CX

Introduce myself.

Hello all, my name is Damen. Im 21 years old. will be turning 22 this june 28th. I am a over the road truck driver. I'm currently on hometime.

The vehicles i own are as follows: 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500LTZ, and just tonight picked up a 1995 civic CX 5spd with a blown head on it. I got it for a 100bucks. It's a really piece. I figured it's been a while since i turned a wrench and took delievery on this beast (i use that term lightly) for a fun project car.

Future plans...hmm.....i keep tossing just getting another Dseries motor and completely rebuilding it and the trans along with a greddy turbo kit, or, swapping it out for a B16 motor. It's been a while since i've been into the "performance" scene. I used to have a 2006 honda civic si back when i was 16 and 17 years old. I had some things done to it. Not much. However i got out of the "sports" cars when i almost wrecked racing down a well known path of road we always went and raced down.

I feel i'm at a better (smarter) part of my life to where i can have a performance vehicle and just use the performance aspect of it on the track from now on. Now that i have my lively hood in plastic form to allow me to drive an 18 wheeler down the road, I'm a little more catious. I also own my own home.

Sorry for the long post just thought i'd put myself out that and say hi to the community. I dont know if there's a specific forum for these type of entries. I appologize if there are. I did look before posting.

Any ideas on the 95cx would be much appreciated. later.

Regards,
Damen
Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Allow me to.....

welcome,
swap it! unless its gonna be a dd, these cars get pretty good gas mileage
Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Trial User

Thanks for the advise. I was reading that the B18C1 is a straight bolt swap just gotta wire in the vtec. Is this true for my 95 cx? Is it hard to do swaps? I went to automotive school for 4 years and worked on them at a dealership for another two so I'm hoping the experience will help. Do companies make a complete wiring harness so all id have to do is route the wire harness? I think a completely re-done b18c1 will be a very nice set up.

My goals, I'm really only looking for mid to high 13s. I'm wondering if maybe just the swap would put me in the high 14s and then I can do mods from there or should I have it rebuilt completely before dropping it in?

Thanks for your help.

Damen

Last edited by 95SlowmobileCX; 03-05-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: mis spelled word
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 AM
N/A
Purpose Built

My CX....

I have a full 96 integra SIR-G swap in mine. Bolts right in, you just have to pin out the vtec wires like u mentioned

We have a nice advantage owning CX's.....wieght
Old 03-05-2011, 06:44 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Allow me to introduce myself...need ideas for my $100 95 Civic CX

Read everything in this thread. All the ideas you can possibly want.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearance-build-threads-122/
Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by N/A
My CX....

I have a full 96 integra SIR-G swap in mine. Bolts right in, you just have to pin out the vtec wires like u mentioned

We have a nice advantage owning CX's.....wieght
hey thanks for the post man, i just sent you a PM. nice CX by the way.

hopefully with ALOT of TLC for the body, mine can look as clean as yours one day. like i said in the PM im just wanting to do the power plant and drive train for now. thanks again guys for all of your help. your making my decision just joining honda-tech.com seem like it was the best ever!!!! thanks guys!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Trial User

Well thanks to the search function and looking up other peoples builds im pretty much set on the 1995 GSR B18C1 swap from Hmotorsonline.com. this will be my first time swapping a completely different motor into a car. However i do believe i have enough mechanical background to complete this task , i guess time will only tell. Even if i cant get the wiring done but i can get everything else done i will still feel like i have accomplished something in my life lol.....any how now the question is to stay NA or go FI

to turbo or not to turbo that is the question! Looking for some reliability i want snappy throttle responce and im only looking for high to mid 13's with this car. Maybe im sounding like N/A is right up my alley? with some head work and maybe bored with higher compression piston and Hondata tuning? any thoughts would be appreciated!! thanks community... to the community and for good luck on our future builds!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would personally go for an all motor build if I was in your position. It seems like you're also just looking to have fun with your car... so why not?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:00 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

How about getting the swap in and getting a feel for it before you start talking boost?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you said you wanted a snappy acceleration so go na..and i dont think you would have to do much to get into the 13s just bolt ons with a intake manifold and a tune, street slicks, should get you into the 13s highs. with some seat time that is
Old 03-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phaphon
you said you wanted a snappy acceleration so go na..and i dont think you would have to do much to get into the 13s just bolt ons with a intake manifold and a tune, street slicks, should get you into the 13s highs. with some seat time that is
Not a chance, his car brand new made less then 100hp at the crank. That was a long time ago. Your going to need more then tires and an intake to get that thing even into the 15's

The car weighs nothing as is so 'gutting' it isnt going to get you much faster (remember 100lbs= -1/10th of a second) so after you remove the seats, sound deadening, cf hood, trunk, lexan windows your looking at about MAYBE 200lbs lighter. Still not light enough for the total lack of ***** his car has stock.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM_DC4_Fanatic
Not a chance, his car brand new made less then 100hp at the crank. That was a long time ago. Your going to need more then tires and an intake to get that thing even into the 15's

The car weighs nothing as is so 'gutting' it isnt going to get you much faster (remember 100lbs= -1/10th of a second) so after you remove the seats, sound deadening, cf hood, trunk, lexan windows your looking at about MAYBE 200lbs lighter. Still not light enough for the total lack of ***** his car has stock.
hence the b18 swap
Old 03-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by 89crxherndon
hence the b18 swap
SI!!! yea, i think im just going to throw the motor in there and see what that does. then i'm taking to a local shop only 25mins away from to to completely rebuild it with 11:1 compression pistons, rods, cams, valves, valve springs, etc..etc.. you know all the good stuff. then throwing in the hondata ecus or reflashes which ever havent researched that yet still trying to learn everything i can about swapping an engine before i start looking into specific tuning and/or parts. I definitely want that snappy acceleration so N/A is probably the way i'm going to go. And yes i am just wanting to have fun with the car. It's a piece right now the body's about to cave in so it might only last one 1/4 mile run down the track from the insane pull of my manly B18C in such a light car. lol. i've always wanted a project car to tinker around with since after 6 years of automotive exp. my dealership only had me up to a semi-skilled and didn't do very much and didn't make very much money. So i decided to make it into a hobby more or less. Who knows i might go back to automotive technology after doing this build....i was thinking about rebuilding the motor myself too as i've done several motors (stock parts though not performance) so i think i'll leave that to the motor gods who know what they are doing. Anyhow keep the comments coming. I love this forum. Thanks alot for all of the input guys. i think a Mid to high 13sec car for 5grand (got the car for a 100 dollars), is not bad at all...IMHO

later

Damen
Old 03-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM_DC4_Fanatic

yup my apologies i meant with a b18c swap