Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

All Stop Lights dont work

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Stop Lights dont work

Hi people,

I hope you can give me a hand, I am new in this forum and I heard good things about it. I own a 1996 Honda CIVIC Si/EX(US) Recently, my stop lights stopped working,all three: left,right and the one on the back windshield.

I checked the bulbs, they are all working because the stop lights use the same bulbs as the reverse lights and reverse is working fine. I even bought new bulbs, but nothing.

I looked at the manual for fuse box and didnt find anything related to brake lights, except a fuse that shares both the horn and stop lights. However, the horn is working so I didn't even bother checking that fuse.

Any idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Re: All Stop Lights dont work

same **** recently started happeing to my car....idk why I keep blowing that dam horn/stop light fuse.... somethings I blow in like everyday... blew it twice tonight....ALWAYS check fuses FIRST. when dignasoing a problem.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All Stop Lights dont work

Originally Posted by KingKongCanada
Hi people,

I hope you can give me a hand, I am new in this forum and I heard good things about it. I own a 1996 Honda CIVIC Si/EX(US) Recently, my stop lights stopped working,all three: left,right and the one on the back windshield.

I checked the bulbs, they are all working because the stop lights use the same bulbs as the reverse lights and reverse is working fine. I even bought new bulbs, but nothing.

I looked at the manual for fuse box and didnt find anything related to brake lights, except a fuse that shares both the horn and stop lights. However, the horn is working so I didn't even bother checking that fuse.

Any idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.
Fuses firsts. If their good check your brake you should have rubber gromet that contacts your brakelight switch were the base of the petal connects to the wirewall. If you see just a hole in the petal where it makes contact with the switch then theres you problem. Mine popped out while my car sat for many months during my rebuild (interestingly enough) and I couldnt understand why in the hell my brake lights werent working when the time came to get it back on the road.

I just put a small bolt with 2 nuts in mine to substitute for the silly gromet.

Last edited by DC_Legacy; 01-05-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: correction