Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (pics)

Well my day started off pretty good so i decided i might as well get my car inspected. Well first i waited about 30 mins before the Oil place got to my car, well after about a minute he came back and said i needed a new wiper blade on the passenger side (kinda peeved me that they care so much about that) so i was like well i got one at home can you go ahead and finish the inspection so that i know thats all i needed before i make a trip home. So he did. Wel he came back about 15 mins later with my car pulled up in front ( i thouhgt he was finished) he told me he couldnt get my car into second to run the emiisions test, i aksed if he would let me try it and he was like no we cant sorry, so i was pretty peeved at that point just in general, I had been needing my synchros fixed for a while, so i start to drive off , I get about a tenth of a mile down the road then SMASH!!!!!! My carbon fiber hood flies up hits my windsheild and folds enough to hit my head (I had my targa off), As you see in the pics the hood is completely apart from the brace. I busted a U turn and head right back to the place. The guy that tried to inspect my car forgot to pin my hood down. I was shaking i was so pissed, not only did i not get inspection, I need a new hood and windsheild and it ironically bent up the wiper that needed to be changed. Well i took it to the body shop they "recommended" which isnt a bad shop but wasnt where i wanted the work done. After all that the settlement of the parts and replacement labor came to $1,068 bucks, I can glue the hood back together and wait on the windsheild till it gets worse, the pics didnt show up good to show the window but damn the carbon fiber hood is hella flexible. But in all i still have no inspection and need my tranny fixed, kinda sucks but i got some phat cash.

Hope these show
Old 09-05-2003, 09:13 PM

Default Re: All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (KiDSoL)

Did they give you the cash yet?
Old 09-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (Pho Real)

Yup i got it right away, I was relieved, i thought it was gonna be a bitch to get the "settlement." I'm gonna use the money hopefully to repeair my tranny.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (KiDSoL)

what the hell is an inspection sticker? and what does it do?
Old 09-05-2003, 09:16 PM

Default Re: All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (careawholelot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by careawholelot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the hell is an inspection sticker? and what does it do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

We call it a Brake Tag in LA, not sure what they call it in TX. They check to make sure your lights, horn, wipers, headlight brightness and brakes are in working order.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (Pho Real)

your not from La quit repping HAHA. but yea down here in La its easy to pass if you know the peeps.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:21 PM

Default Re: All this and still no inspection sticker, but i made some cash (O.G triple O.G)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by O.G triple O.G &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your not from La quit repping HAHA. but yea down here in La its easy to pass if you know the peeps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not if you live in Orleans Parish.....
Old 09-05-2003, 09:21 PM

**** this just reminded me mine expires in Sept and I am 500 miles away from the nearest inspection place.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ours in texas is a inspection sticker that goes on your window to show your car passes texas laws.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:38 PM

here in ny we call it that also, i cant see the pix, red x's