Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

All motor....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All motor....

Does building an "All Motor" D-series engine to say about 250 hp cost substantially more than if you were trying to build a turbo D-series engine to the same specs? It just seems like NA would cost more...........Thanks 4 your help
Old 05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what would you call all motor?

Old 05-17-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: (papito_85)

Lol All motor as in no Forced induction......N/A
Old 05-17-2005, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ThaCivicAssassin)

250 all motor on a d would cost a **** load of money. u could probably do b18 turbo, d series na suck
Old 05-17-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: All motor.... (ThaCivicAssassin)

Now anyone can slap a turbo on a car and call it a day but building up the internals and all that healthy trash to make it work correctly is a different story. You really don't have to worry about cylinder walls when you go all motor, you do with a turbo. That's $500+ right there. It's cheaper and easier to go all motor.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: All motor.... (EgRedSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgRedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's cheaper and easier to go all motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>
not on a d series
Old 05-17-2005, 03:09 PM

It all depends on your goals with the car. But turbo is cheaper for sure. I would say check out HMT (www.homemadeturbo.com) if you looking to build power on a budget. There are several quick (14 - 15 second ) civics in my area running turbo D series. that cost under $2000 to get up and running.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: All motor.... (93ejay1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93ejay1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
not on a d series</TD></TR></TABLE>

People forget all the tuning and building that you have to do to get a Turbo to work correctly. You have people that just slap in on a car and don't know the PSI and all that trash.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:00 PM

That's my idea.

My Sol will be 12 second n/a with the b18c R.

I refuse to turbo the best n/a motor Honda ever built. End of story. Anyone can slap a turbo on. Do it all motor. 200-250 whp boosted is one thing, all motor is a horse of a different color.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgRedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It's cheaper and easier to go all motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

now thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

stock ls turbo $3k including the swap &gt; 3k if u wana sleeve and go huge bore

stock ls turbo makeing 304whp and going 11's on slicks &gt; going high 12's If ur lucky on a na d series
Old 05-17-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: All motor.... (sxecrow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sxecrow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's my idea.

My Sol will be 12 second n/a with the b18c R.

I refuse to turbo the best n/a motor Honda ever built. End of story. Anyone can slap a turbo on. Do it all motor. 200-250 whp boosted is one thing, all motor is a horse of a different color. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry but no honda engine is good n/a....it makes no torque and shitty HP..i cant believe im saying this but vvl sr20 &gt; honda n/a engines....on the vvl u get 190whp and 140wtq or so with i/h/e....try doing that on a honda b series
Old 05-17-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: All motor.... (civicflnum1)

I was working on a t25 setup 4 my D-15.........But now I need another engine so im looking at getting a d16.......That'll set me back 4 a while in terms of turbo money.......
Old 05-17-2005, 04:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThaCivicAssassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was working on a t25 setup 4 my D-15.........But now I need another engine so im looking at getting a d16.......That'll set me back 4 a while in terms of turbo money.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dunno about where u live but in fl u can get d16's for cheap...z6's go for like 150-350 depending on whos selling em....if u cant afford 250 or so turbo isnt for u
Old 05-17-2005, 04:45 PM

If you know where I can get a good z6 for that cheap let me know......But it has to be in good working order.......Im a full time student part time worker.....$7.00/hr and im trying to make it happen.........So yea im on a budget but those are good prices for what i've seen around here and on ebay...........I was also looking at Y8's also
Old 05-17-2005, 04:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThaCivicAssassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you know where I can get a good z6 for that cheap let me know......But it has to be in good working order.......Im a full time student part time worker.....$7.00/hr and im trying to make it happen.........So yea im on a budget but those are good prices for what i've seen around here and on ebay...........I was also looking at Y8's also</TD></TR></TABLE>

i deal with mostly DOHC's but if i come across another z6 or y8 ill let u know
Old 05-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Electrician

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicflnum1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry but no honda engine is good n/a....it makes no torque and shitty HP..i cant believe im saying this but vvl sr20 &gt; honda n/a engines....on the vvl u get 190whp and 140wtq or so with i/h/e....try doing that on a honda b series</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you know what you're talking about? Semi-built LS/VTEC N/A set-ups make in excess of 230whp and goobs of torque. There was an EF hatch at a local strip I went to in Texas with a LS/VTEC set-up running 12.6-12.9 all night, no nitrous. You can't say that an N/A Honda can't make power, no matter what you do.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: All motor.... (Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you know what you're talking about? Semi-built LS/VTEC N/A set-ups make in excess of 230whp and goobs of torque. There was an EF hatch at a local strip I went to in Texas with a LS/VTEC set-up running 12.6-12.9 all night, no nitrous. You can't say that an N/A Honda can't make power, no matter what you do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know your not serious. semi built? explain your self. i am friends with many engine builders and tuners. ls/vtec's with ctr's and cams no head work with bolt ons will make 185-210ish whp. you will not get 230+ UNLESS you go atleast 2.0. for ex: vtecdamian on here. had a b20 vtec. pistons, rods, head work, every bolt on, etc. made 242whp and went 12.7 or something all day long in a full interior daily driven ek hatch. now im sorry but for that amount of money id much rather do a stock ls turbo make 60whp more and the best part is 114mph trap &gt; 105mph trap. so come again bud

all motor = money on a honda

if you wana go all motor go v8

EDIT: nm your an 04.....you still drive a stock ex with mad vtec that pulls fully built f18 fighter jets off the line going up hill with a head wind on ice?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:14 PM

The difference is class.

I see 12 second hondas all day long. I want to stay all motor so I can eventually put my car into the Hondachallenge ... http://www.hondachallenge.com

all motor is where you have to be. I like Honda cars and thats why I race Honda cars. v8's are just a waste of engine space.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sxecrow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The difference is class.

I see 12 second hondas all day long. I want to stay all motor so I can eventually put my car into the Hondachallenge ... http://www.hondachallenge.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you wana go all motor go k series....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sxecrow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> all motor is where you have to be.</TD></TR></TABLE>
no its not....i like being fast

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sxecrow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like Honda cars and thats why I race Honda cars. v8's are just a waste of engine space. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i love honda...i love building the engines n running em at the track...its fun...but theres no replacement for displacement and im sorry but 8cyl &gt; 4 cyl and dont think i own a domestic...i own a built ls/vtec turbo
Old 05-17-2005, 05:19 PM

Thanks.........Even if you come across a DOHC d15 that'd be cool 2......Even tho it's a DOHC motor it'll still bolt up 2 an LX trans right?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Electrician

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicflnum1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

EDIT: nm your an 04.....you still drive a stock ex with mad vtec that pulls fully built f18 fighter jets off the line going up hill with a head wind on ice? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You seriously are full of yourself. I'm not even going to explain myself to you. I know what that guy drives, I know what he has. I'm on '04, 0h n03s! I must be a retard to be an '04 member. Well bud, I've been here since '03 FYI, name was reset. For you to even come at me with what I drive shows what kind of a retard you are. You know nothing about me. So, thanks for playing.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:20 PM

there is no d15 dohc and no an lx wont bolt up, its a d

d series = d series
b series = b series
Old 05-17-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: All motor.... (Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You seriously are full of yourself. I'm not even going to explain myself to you. I know what that guy drives, I know what he has. I'm on '04, 0h n03s! I must be a retard to be an '04 member. Well bud, I've been here since '03 FYI, name was reset. For you to even come at me with what I drive shows what kind of a retard you are. You know nothing about me. So, thanks for playing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow you know what he drives n what he has? cool....ive watched that engine build from the day it happen...ive driven the car n/a and ive been around the car since its been boost. hes a good friend of mine. if you know what he has now youll know why he went boost....cause he saw the light (boost &gt; na). no im not full of my self im trying to fix the **** your saying since its wrong. when you get your facts straight you can contribute to the thread...show me an ls/vtec (ls so make sure its a 1.8) thats semi built (meaning pistons n cams n bolt ons, ex: i/h/e) that makes 230whp ::crickets:: thats right there isnt one
Old 05-17-2005, 05:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93ejay1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is no d15 dohc and no an lx wont bolt up, its a d

d series = d series
b series = b series</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe he meant d16 dohc...in the old *** tegs there was a d16 that was a dohc...that motors a pos though. its like d16a6 or something stupid like that.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:27 PM

I must have the DOHC ZC mixed up with the d15 cuz I thought they made one but O well ......Time 2 do some searching

Quick Reply: All motor....